EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

• DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.

I agree with Josh and you, I'm tired of the free cheat players abusing every glitch know for the game I'm making it known it's **** and I'm forcing EA to go head hunting.
    Oh you're that tool that still thinks it's a glitch when it's been around for months. What's funnier is that it's not cheating in any way and it also doesnt affect you in the slightest. Just for the record, I don't do it so I'm not speaking on behalf of myself but rather for everyone.

Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?
    What if I work for EA? Would it effect me then? Would your abuse of glitches to skip 90 day timers and obtain items most would have to pay and wait months not effect me? Of EA should of fixed it right? What if it's not that simple of a fix and takes a little time?
    Oh yeah that's right nothing you say will amount to any type of reasonable explanation as to why it would be ok to do this.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.

I agree with Josh and you, I'm tired of the free cheat players abusing every glitch know for the game I'm making it known it's **** and I'm forcing EA to go head hunting.
    Oh you're that tool that still thinks it's a glitch when it's been around for months. What's funnier is that it's not cheating in any way and it also doesnt affect you in the slightest. Just for the record, I don't do it so I'm not speaking on behalf of myself but rather for everyone.

Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?
    What if I work for EA? Would it effect me then? Would your abuse of glitches to skip 90 day timers and obtain items most would have to pay and wait months not effect me? Of EA should of fixed it right? What if it's not that simple of a fix and takes a little time?
    Oh yeah that's right nothing you say will amount to any type of reasonable explanation as to why it would be ok to do this.

Towns are built on a foundation of politics and commerce - most of which are corrupt. Why should a virtual town be any different?

And why should what someone else does on the game affect you so majorly? I literally care enough about my neighbours towns to collect/deliver during events.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Way too many trolls on this forum. Looks like if we are in kindergarden. :mrgreen:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014

You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.
  • LJM0101
    25 posts
    edited January 2014
    Youre worried about the wrong thing here but Maybe if u keep crying about it EA will fix it for u
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

I'm one of the people who first tested the tile tapping glitch, as it is called. But now I'm thinking it's more of a feature. EA is well aware of it, and has done nothing about it; so it's obviously a planned game feature. I think we just caught on to it late.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

Perhaps you should read what one of the mods has to say about the "glitch"? - http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9906025.page
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    Way too many trolls on this forum. Looks like if we are in kindergarten*. :mrgreen:

11.gif
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I honestly think those glitches are intended and EA knows about it since weeks. You either take advantage of it, or not, but you have to let people play the way they want to.
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    wilki1999 wrote:
    Stop slagging off ea. They make a good game for everyone to enjoy and people like you abuse it. I do know a trick that works for the wheel but I dont think i should tell you. If anyone reading this forum wants the trick then pm me
    Promise it works
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

90 LONG days.....If the corn only paid out 1 time at $45,000 it wouldn't be worth it...no one would grow it and I wouldn't be a millionaire!
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    To summarise:

. There is no Dana - only Zool.
    . There are no glitches, only nifty little ways to enhance the game experience.
  • speed650p
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    Me, this wheel makes me go crazy!! I want the freaking clausco and im still waiting for it at 130 000 tickets!!
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    So is tapping Homer 10 times a glitch , cheat or an Easter egg?
  • DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.
  • DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    maavich211 wrote:

Is this the first video game you've ever played?
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    maavich211 wrote:

If your question is serious I'd go with Easter Egg.

If it's not serious I'd go with 'OMGZ IT'S A CHEAT LIKE YOU SHOLDNT CHEAT'
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11544 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    maavich211 wrote:

so yeah it's easter egg
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

Josh I don't agree with you ever,

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?

I also agree with Josh.. I'm a premium player and bought a pretty good amount of doughnuts specifically spent on winning the prizes on the wheel early. I cleared the wheel VERY early on, which was nice... but now to change the odds.. I'm pretty mad.

Yes, but you didn't HAVE to spend donuts to buy tokens. You and other premium players wanted to do that in hopes you'd win the prizes early and feel awesome when people visited your town because you had the items they didn't have yet. You guys knew you'd get tokens for free, a lot of them, but you can't be mad because your impatience caused you to spend money (donuts) when it wasn't necessary. I didn't spend a dime, have all the prizes, and a stash of almost 80 extra tokens right now. You could have done the same thing.

That's not a relevant factor. We knew the odds were bad. So we paid because we didn't think we would get it in the next 30 days. Then they basically said "haha you would have gotten it anyway if you waited for us to change the odds but thanks for the extra money you suckers!"

Maybe you should have waited 29 days to see if you'd get the prizes for free before wasting your donuts.

It's pretty clear what your agenda is here. There are PLENTY of people who did just that and waited... And didn't earn all the prizes. What does that tell you? That's why we did what we did.. again, under the assumption the odds wouldn't increase. If the event ended today with no odds increase, there are a ton of people who wouldn't have earned all the prizes, justifying what Josh and I are arguing.

Jedihntr makes the most sense here.

If you actually waited like you said, which you didnt, you would have found out before the event was suppose to end, they increased the time so you knew you had more time. So you could have still played it out last day. A week before last day they increased the odds so now you have more of a chance to get it. All that should have done is make you more happy then upset because now you have more of a chance to win the prizes without any donuts. But no you couldn't wait because you wanted everything in one day or as quickly as possible. This game is about patience. You don't have patience spend your donuts but don't be mad about spending it later. NO ONE told you to spend donuts. Just because EA was smart in a business tactic and you fell for it you blame them? (Not like i am trying to defend EA because they are a horrible company but you have to be smart how you go about stuff in life or else a business will obviously take advantage, thats their business) That just makes no sense. You only can blame yourself. Then after all that said and done and the very last day before the event ends, the 13th I imagine then you have a justified reason to spend donuts because you want everything and couldn't get it. But you had plenty of time. You guys where just impatient and wanted everything one the first day. Feel like you accomplished something in a pixel game. When you could've have played it out like usual and like me and many other players are done with the wheel and have over 60 coinss and more. If you ask me we are the people to be mad because we have all these coins with nothing to get with them, least they could have done while fixing the wheel odds they could have added some donuts or reindeers with the increased odds and make everyone happy. If you wanted to get everything the first day and spend donuts that's on you but don't complain afterwards like you guys got hacked for your money, only your own fault.

I'm not mad at all they changed the odds. Only people that are mad are the poeple who spent donuts so now they can't justify it. If you would have been patient there would have been no need. So your mad because others that haven't completed have a more of a chance to get it?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!