EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

    What if I was unable to access the game and people were trying to keep my crop alive for me before it wilted?

    You technically aren't growing it 100 times, you are simply "reviving" the crop from it's wilted state. So there is nothing about it "growing it 100 times" that is impossible since it takes 90 days to grow it once. People are keeping the crop alive by tapping on it - a legit feature that was built into the game. Crops expire, neighbors can restore it to active status by tapping on it. What is the problem? What if I want my corn to die, but everyone keeps tapping on it?
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    maavich211 wrote:
    So is tapping Homer 10 times a glitch , cheat or an Easter egg?

    Is this the first video game you've ever played?
    Is it yours?
  • DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?

    You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

    Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

    How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

    It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

    How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

    Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?

    Actually yes there is no need but it shouldn't be taken as a insult because clearly if you read his response to mine you will know that him being an idiot is in fact truth.
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Dogma I've played many video games. I was being SARCASTIC. I was just saying everyone exploits Homer for free donuts and the statue it's an Easter egg just like the so called glitches your bawling about.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?

    You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

    Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

    How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

    It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

    How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

    Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?

    Actually yes there is no need but it shouldn't be taken as a insult because clearly if you read his response to mine you will know that him being an idiot is in fact truth.

    It boils down to respect on both parts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - and not everyone will always agree, but it's how you go about expressing said opinion that can cause upset.

    It's only a game. See the funny side of this and move on.
  • narbery312
    15 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have greatly enjoyed reading this topic and others regarding "Fairness", "Glitches" and "The Rules".

    As far as I can tell, playing the game using any current "Glitches" and even discussing them on this forum is clearly acceptable to EA for the following reasons:

    1) If the "Glitches" were accidental and EA did not want people to utilize them (exploit), they would certainly disable them once they were openly discussed in the forum. Logically, this would mean that the corn taps and tile generation (now capped at 2) are acceptable to EA and hence part of the game

    2) EA are likely to monitor this forum and use it to identify issues/exploits with the game that are discusses here. Our discussions are hence useful to the developers and we should keep discussing how we play the game on this forum

    For those who believe that there is a right and wrong way to play the game, I would ask you to show me (other than the Terms of Service), where these "Rules" are specifically pertaining to harvesting of taps on corn?

    Also, early on during this event I spent a few $ on extra spins as I wanted some of the items, I then evaluated the length of the event and decided to be patient, I was missing the Yeti until today, saving my spins till the 13th, where I would probably "try" to get him and use them up. With the revised odds, I got him in 4 spins this morning.

    As far as I am aware, there are many ways to choose to play this game, unless you are "hacking" to gain a financial advantage and taking money out of the developers pockets, there is no morally right way to play. If you don't like the way someone is playing, but they are not affecting you personally, get over it, move on, and play your own way.

    I wish we could live in a free world, where within the privacy of our own homes, as long as we do not hurt/harm anyone else, we could live out lives without having to face the accusations and criticism of others.

    Well, that is my soapbox for the day, getting off now!
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    narbery312 wrote:
    I have greatly enjoyed reading this topic and others regarding "Fairness", "Glitches" and "The Rules".

    As far as I can tell, playing the game using any current "Glitches" and even discussing them on this forum is clearly acceptable to EA for the following reasons:

    1) If the "Glitches" were accidental and EA did not want people to utilize them (exploit), they would certainly disable them once they were openly discussed in the forum. Logically, this would mean that the corn taps and tile generation (now capped at 2) are acceptable to EA and hence part of the game

    2) EA are likely to monitor this forum and use it to identify issues/exploits with the game that are discusses here. Our discussions are hence useful to the developers and we should keep discussing how we play the game on this forum

    For those who believe that there is a right and wrong way to play the game, I would ask you to show me (other than the Terms of Service), where these "Rules" are specifically pertaining to harvesting of taps on corn?

    Also, early on during this event I spent a few $ on extra spins as I wanted some of the items, I then evaluated the length of the event and decided to be patient, I was missing the Yeti until today, saving my spins till the 13th, where I would probably "try" to get him and use them up. With the revised odds, I got him in 4 spins this morning.

    As far as I am aware, there are many ways to choose to play this game, unless you are "hacking" to gain a financial advantage and taking money out of the developers pockets, there is no morally right way to play. If you don't like the way someone is playing, but they are not affecting you personally, get over it, move on, and play your own way.

    I wish we could live in a free world, where within the privacy of our own homes, as long as we do not hurt/harm anyone else, we could live out lives without having to face the accusations and criticism of others.

    Well, that is my soapbox for the day, getting off now!
    Well said
  • lordofther542
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    they haven't rewarded me yet. almost 100,000 gift cards and no yeti, claus co, or helter shelter just money.....stupid, awful money that I don't need. really hate ea right now.....
  • narbery312
    15 posts
    edited January 2014
    maavich211 wrote:
    narbery312 wrote:
    I have greatly enjoyed reading this topic and others regarding "Fairness", "Glitches" and "The Rules".

    As far as I can tell, playing the game using any current "Glitches" and even discussing them on this forum is clearly acceptable to EA for the following reasons:

    1) If the "Glitches" were accidental and EA did not want people to utilize them (exploit), they would certainly disable them once they were openly discussed in the forum. Logically, this would mean that the corn taps and tile generation (now capped at 2) are acceptable to EA and hence part of the game

    2) EA are likely to monitor this forum and use it to identify issues/exploits with the game that are discusses here. Our discussions are hence useful to the developers and we should keep discussing how we play the game on this forum

    For those who believe that there is a right and wrong way to play the game, I would ask you to show me (other than the Terms of Service), where these "Rules" are specifically pertaining to harvesting of taps on corn?

    Also, early on during this event I spent a few $ on extra spins as I wanted some of the items, I then evaluated the length of the event and decided to be patient, I was missing the Yeti until today, saving my spins till the 13th, where I would probably "try" to get him and use them up. With the revised odds, I got him in 4 spins this morning.

    As far as I am aware, there are many ways to choose to play this game, unless you are "hacking" to gain a financial advantage and taking money out of the developers pockets, there is no morally right way to play. If you don't like the way someone is playing, but they are not affecting you personally, get over it, move on, and play your own way.

    I wish we could live in a free world, where within the privacy of our own homes, as long as we do not hurt/harm anyone else, we could live out lives without having to face the accusations and criticism of others.

    Well, that is my soapbox for the day, getting off now!
    Well said

    Why thank you!
  • DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    bahepton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?

    You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

    Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

    How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

    It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

    How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

    Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?

    Actually yes there is no need but it shouldn't be taken as a insult because clearly if you read his response to mine you will know that him being an idiot is in fact truth.

    It boils down to respect on both parts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - and not everyone will always agree, but it's how you go about expressing said opinion that can cause upset.

    It's only a game. See the funny side of this and move on.

    I have no respect for people who support the deconstruction of a game.
    And yes deconstruction as all the bonus donuts you get for EXP are keeping money from being put into the game
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    bahepton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?

    You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

    Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

    How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

    It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

    How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

    Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?

    Actually yes there is no need but it shouldn't be taken as a insult because clearly if you read his response to mine you will know that him being an idiot is in fact truth.

    It boils down to respect on both parts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - and not everyone will always agree, but it's how you go about expressing said opinion that can cause upset.

    It's only a game. See the funny side of this and move on.

    I have no respect for people who support the deconstruction of a game.
    And yes deconstruction as all the bonus donuts you get for EXP are keeping money from being put into the game

    So with this logic I'm to understand that you've never cheated on a game in your life?

    Your opinions would make more sense if they were at all mature enough to carry any weight but from where I stand they look like the ramblings of a drunken fourteen year old.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    @DogmaTriple6

    Where do you stand on house farming then? Isn't that essentially another way of gaining XP and cash or do you view this as another way of "cheating"?
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Rampany idiocy afoot. Has this thread not crossed the line yet? How many more personal attacks are needed before someone comes and takes out the trash?
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    Honest question for those who bought donuts for spins right away: If the odds at the beginning would have been what they are now, would you have still bought donuts?

    Knowing how many people love to be one of the first to have everything, the answer is yes. That's the only logical reason to not wait a few weeks before buying donuts: because you wanted to be first. I'm not buying the "it was obvious that I'll never get everything based on the odds, so I HAD to buy donuts" argument; it just doesn't wash. Buying donuts in the last week; sure, that makes sense.
  • rocca2180116
    32 posts
    edited January 2014
    If I had know that the wheel odds would change and that I would rack up as many coins as I did I wouldn't have spent any donuts on coins!
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Josh I don't agree with you ever,

    But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

    How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?

    It's EA's game, how do you call it cheating when it actually improves the odds that people win stuff? Might need to double check your definition of cheating.

    I just don't get how you make your choice that it's worth spending donuts to buy some spins, but because someone else gets slightly better odds (but no guarantees, of course) a few days later, how again does that affect you? You made the calculation that it was worth it at that time, and what someone else wins doesn't affect you in the least.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    Honest question for those who bought donuts for spins right away: If the odds at the beginning would have been what they are now, would you have still bought donuts?

    Knowing how many people love to be one of the first to have everything, the answer is yes. That's the only logical reason to not wait a few weeks before buying donuts: because you wanted to be first. I'm not buying the "it was obvious that I'll never get everything based on the odds, so I HAD to buy donuts" argument; it just doesn't wash. Buying donuts in the last week; sure, that makes sense.

    If I had some restraint I would have. I saw everyone buying coins, so I sped up my first one (definitely don't regret that one). I did buy like 40 off the bat before I knew the 30k+ bonus, so in a way I do regret it, but in another I'm happy. It allowed me to have the majority of the prizes off the bat, and at the that point in time, I was only thinking there would be like 30 tokens.
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Honest question for those who bought donuts for spins right away: If the odds at the beginning would have been what they are now, would you have still bought donuts?

    Knowing how many people love to be one of the first to have everything, the answer is yes. That's the only logical reason to not wait a few weeks before buying donuts: because you wanted to be first. I'm not buying the "it was obvious that I'll never get everything based on the odds, so I HAD to buy donuts" argument; it just doesn't wash. Buying donuts in the last week; sure, that makes sense.

    If I had some restraint I would have. I saw everyone buying coins, so I sped up my first one (definitely don't regret that one). I did buy like 40 off the bat before I knew the 30k+ bonus, so in a way I do regret it, but in another I'm happy. It allowed me to have the majority of the prizes off the bat, and at the that point in time, I was only thinking there would be like 30 tokens.

    Thank you for an honest answer, that one I get. If a person didn't know that they'd rack up spins after the 30K threshold, then I can see buying donuts. I seem to recall finding out pretty early on that spins would be quickly earned after getting all the personal prizes.

    (geez, maybe we can get this thread back on the rails again?)
  • supasolly
    28 posts
    edited January 2014
    Wow I feel lucky. I cleared the wheel of everything but the snowball II snowcat the first day only buying 20 tokkens I had all the stuff from last year though. I don't feel bad now for the chances going up since I didn't have to go to 100 towns everyday to try to get giftcards and I got to enjoy my buildings and characters longer.
  • Mess911
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Josh is the trollpuppetmaster playing these forums like a fiddle. I'd be impressed if it wasn't so easy to get reactions.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!