The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

• LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    bahepton wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Ok please explain how skipping let's say a 90 day timer that gives you in game cash and potential preimuim in game cash if you fill your bar up not be cheating?

You aren't skipping a timer at all. You don't plant the corn, then tap on it. The player waited 90 days.

Also, I'd love to know your opinion on House Farming. This essentially is the same thing.

How about the XP Weather stations and "leveling up" faster?

It seems to me that the game intended the latter, or there would be a limit on how many duplicates of an item can be purchased.

How much of an idiot are you? When you use the glitch yes you wait the initial 90 days but everytime you get an extra hand shake you are skipping a 90 day timer, so now we have people who magically can grow actual corn 100's of times in 1 week.

Oi oi oi, no need to start calling people idiots is there really?

Actually yes there is no need but it shouldn't be taken as a insult because clearly if you read his response to mine you will know that him being an idiot is in fact truth.

It boils down to respect on both parts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - and not everyone will always agree, but it's how you go about expressing said opinion that can cause upset.

It's only a game. See the funny side of this and move on.

I have no respect for people who support the deconstruction of a game.
    And yes deconstruction as all the bonus donuts you get for EXP are keeping money from being put into the game

Just curious...how much actual real world money have you put into this game?
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    You spent all those donuts on the wheel because you lack patience. Thats your fault, no one elses.

And yes, EA is really bad at business, thats why they can hardly turn a profit. Rampant idiocy.
    Need anything else be said? +1 :thumbup:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    You spent all those donuts on the wheel because you lack patience. Thats your fault, no one elses.

And yes, EA is really bad at business, thats why they can hardly turn a profit. Rampant idiocy.

They were voted worst gaming company several years in a row. Please don't try time defend them. Perhaps if they spent less time rewarding their cheapskate customers and more time rewarding their loyal customers they'd be in better shape.

Make a REAL argument...if you can.

You lacked patience, you could have waited and refused to. That is absolutely not EA's fault. Pointing it out is NOT defending them. Take some responsibility for your actions. JoshShearer spent the donuts on his own. Nobody put a gun to his head except for JoshShearer's Inability To Delay Gratification.

What you also fail to realize is the situation is NOT binary. Plenty of donut buying customers are having trouble getting all the items off the wheel? What about not upsetting them? Did that ever occur to you?

I am sure it did not because (as we all know) anybody that cleared the wheel after JoshShearer is a TSTO freeloader that never spent a nickel on this game. They are first ballot Hall of Fame parasites that only get to enjoy this game by the continued financial contributions of JoshShearer, the only paying customer of record.

When EA actually does something wrong. I can respect you calling them on it. Here you are not even kinda sorta close.

If exploiting your lack of patience bothers you so much, why not exercise your right as a consumer to simply not play the game? Or will you continue to cry "wolf" over and over about the imagined outrages and never have the guts to speak with your wallet?
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    It's pretty clear what your agenda is here. There are PLENTY of people who did just that and waited... And didn't earn all the prizes. What does that tell you? That's why we did what we did.. again, under the assumption the odds wouldn't increase. If the event ended today with no odds increase, there are a ton of people who wouldn't have earned all the prizes, justifying what Josh and I are arguing.

The event isn't over yet. You cannot say any number of people did or did not earn what.

Whacking Day was extended months ago. The odds changing is similar.

But the point is, you did not even give yourself a chance regardless of the odds. Sure, you might have been stuck with three prizes to go on day 29 (and could have spend donuts then) But you never took a shot to find out no matter how poor the odds were.

I didn't spend a nickel and got all my wheel prizes a week ago. It might not have gone that way. I might still be hunting for Helter Shelter but instead I got everything for nothing and I get to laugh at the impatient ones who blame everything else but themselves for their lack of self-control and inability to delay gratification.
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.
    It has not helped me one bit.

Oh yeah, "FREEDOM!"
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    146 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    With the "wheel fix" I finally got the yeti....yay
    Cleared the wheel AND Josh is angry......double yay
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    And yes deconstruction as all the bonus donuts you get for EXP are keeping money from being put into the game

Can you prove that a single person who got content for free would've been willing to pay any money at all for it? Because until you can (spoiler: you can't), your conclusion is flawed.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Rampany idiocy afoot. Has this thread not crossed the line yet? How many more personal attacks are needed before someone comes and takes out the trash?
    I've so far deleted about five direct personal attacks from about 5 individuals here. But there is nothing crossing the line with constructive debate. I recommend not trying to make it more than that.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Rampany idiocy afoot. Has this thread not crossed the line yet? How many more personal attacks are needed before someone comes and takes out the trash?
    I've so far deleted about five direct personal attacks from about 5 individuals here. But there is nothing crossing the line with constructive debate. I recommend not trying to make it more than that.

love the new signature
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    love the new signature

Ditto, that's awesome!
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    Incidentally, I love the image in your signature line. It's an amazing effect. Did you do that?

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I'm not creative enough to make any cool graphics.
  • mattkara68
    283 posts
    edited January 2014
    The odds of this entire event have been awful. The wheel, don't even get me started. You have to be a labored to it if your game is working against the odds. It's impossible. I've spun over 200 donuts and I'm at 80k gift cards. Forget it! I don't even care anymore, I don't even want the crap. It's not fun. Nothing about it is fun. Also this entire event my game has been cheating me out of giftbags too. I still can't earn more than 30 gift bags a day, most people claim to get around 60-70 per day. I've been collecting bags for 4 days now and I'm at 74 woo-woo. This is how it has been. It's just ridiculous. Nothing about it is uplifting. It's way to much work at this point and after this many weeks I'm just burnt out. Some people clear the wheel for free at 30-60k I think that's great their game was obviously on the good side of the odds. But for the rest of us it just sucks. I can't wait till this crappy event is over. This is the first time I've ever had real beef with an update. And I refused to buy some of the Christmas stuff because of all of this. Had the update been more uplifting and achievable for me I would have been inclined to get some of the stuff. I'm not spending money on this crappy update. Why would I want to remember it? I want it gone! :evil:
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    So, let's see:
      [li]EA reduces the Community Prize targets mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy the items in their own towns."[/li] [li]EA reduces the Wheel odds mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy... the items... in their... own... towns..." "HEY!! I ALREADY HAVE IT ALL!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE TO BE AS LUCKY AS I WAS OR MISS OUT!! *RABBLERABBLERABBLE*"[/li]
    At the end of the day, there was always going to be plenty of time to get 100+ spin coins before the end of the event. The extension date was also publicised before the deadline hit (unlike Whacking Day). You buy coins with donuts, that's your choice.

And to those still looking to complete the Wheel, fingers crossed for you with the better odds.

• conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    So, let's see:
      [li]EA reduces the Community Prize targets mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy the items in their own towns."[/li] [li]EA reduces the Wheel odds mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy... the items... in their... own... towns..." "HEY!! I ALREADY HAVE IT ALL!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE TO BE AS LUCKY AS I WAS OR MISS OUT!! *RABBLERABBLERABBLE*"[/li]
    At the end of the day, there was always going to be plenty of time to get 100+ spin coins before the end of the event. The extension date was also publicised before the deadline hit (unlike Whacking Day). You buy coins with donuts, that's your choice.

And to those still looking to complete the Wheel, fingers crossed for you with the better odds.

I would raise my glass to you sir, if I drank. Which I don't because I'm not legally allowed even though I am in this country. And even if I did, I wouldn't publicise it. That is to say didn't publicise it, because it never happened. I swear. Ahh whatever - cheers!
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    So, let's see:
      [li]EA reduces the Community Prize targets mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy the items in their own towns."[/li]

Yeah...you forget to mention nobody was spending money to get the community prizes.
    Linkwick wrote:
    [li]EA reduces the Wheel odds mid-event so they're more achievable.
    "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy... the items... in their... own... towns..."
    "HEY!! I ALREADY HAVE IT ALL!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE TO BE AS LUCKY AS I WAS OR MISS OUT!! *RABBLERABBLERABBLE*"[/li]

I still haven't gotten the Yeti and I was actually one of the people here who said the change is unfair to people who used donuts. Yes...on one hand I'm happy I have a better chance, but on the other hand as I already said in a post I spent donuts on spins only to have them change the odds right at the end. How is that fair business again? Your happiness is clouding your fair/reasonable judgment.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    Yes...on one hand I'm happy I have a better chance, but on the other hand as I already said in a post I spent donuts on spins only to have them change the odds right at the end. How is that fair business again? Your happiness is clouding your fair/reasonable judgment.

Honest answers cuz I know you will: Why didn't you wait and give yourself more chances? How is EA engaging in unfair business against you because you couldn't wait?

The extension was announced well in advance and not at the 11th hour. (Like the WD extension was. They learned their lesson.)
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    Linkwick wrote:
    So, let's see:
      [li]EA reduces the Community Prize targets mid-event so they're more achievable. "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy the items in their own towns."[/li]

Yeah...you forget to mention nobody was spending money to get the community prizes.
    Linkwick wrote:
    [li]EA reduces the Wheel odds mid-event so they're more achievable.
    "Hooray!! They're awesome!! Now everyone can enjoy... the items... in their... own... towns..."
    "HEY!! I ALREADY HAVE IT ALL!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE TO BE AS LUCKY AS I WAS OR MISS OUT!! *RABBLERABBLERABBLE*"[/li]

I still haven't gotten the Yeti and I was actually one of the people here who said the change is unfair to people who used donuts. Yes...on one hand I'm happy I have a better chance, but on the other hand as I already said in a post I spent donuts on spins only to have them change the odds right at the end. How is that fair business again? Your happiness is clouding your fair/reasonable judgment.
    you dont have to spend money/donuts to rush through tasks but some people choose to. Does that mean its unfair for EA to allow that to happen? And then it must be out right robbery that their updates cause the donut confirm option to switch off.
  • Mess911
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

Have you never bought something and then see it on sale the very next week? While it sucks and you may think it's unfair, it's not devious or unethical for a business to do that. Some retailers will refund you the difference, but not the majority of them.

This is more like buying something a week before Boxing Day. If you're not patient enough to wait until the last minute before you pay money for spins, you can't be that mad at EA for changing the odds. Be mad at yourself for being impatient.

Also, the forums have been full of wheel outrage for weeks and they even extended the event, it wasn't a stretch to think that they would change the odds for the better.

On the other hand, those retailers who will match sale prices did so because of outcry from consumers. That's where the reputation of EA comes into play. They haven't been a company to do things like that.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    Yes...on one hand I'm happy I have a better chance, but on the other hand as I already said in a post I spent donuts on spins only to have them change the odds right at the end. How is that fair business again? Your happiness is clouding your fair/reasonable judgment.

Honest answers cuz I know you will: Why didn't you wait and give yourself more chances? How is EA engaging in unfair business against you because you couldn't wait?

The extension was announced well in advance and not at the 11th hour. (Like the WD extension was. They learned their lesson.)

Yeah I knew about the extension early on. I'm 100% OK with that. I didn't wait to use all my tokens at the end (if that is what you're asking) because using them as you earn them (1 at a time) or just all at once doesn't change your odds.

Hopefully this can clear up why people who spent donuts feel screwed: I spent money on a product, which I'll admit, I understood the risks of. I knew there was a chance I wouldn't win everything. I was alright with that. But...had I known the odds were going to increase at the end, I would never had spent any donuts until the odds actually increased and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Honest question for those who bought donuts for spins right away: If the odds at the beginning would have been what they are now, would you have still bought donuts?

Knowing how many people love to be one of the first to have everything, the answer is yes. That's the only logical reason to not wait a few weeks before buying donuts: because you wanted to be first. I'm not buying the "it was obvious that I'll never get everything based on the odds, so I HAD to buy donuts" argument; it just doesn't wash. Buying donuts in the last week; sure, that makes sense.

If I had some restraint I would have. I saw everyone buying coins, so I sped up my first one (definitely don't regret that one). I did buy like 40 off the bat before I knew the 30k+ bonus, so in a way I do regret it, but in another I'm happy. It allowed me to have the majority of the prizes off the bat, and at the that point in time, I was only thinking there would be like 30 tokens.

Thank you for an honest answer, that one I get. If a person didn't know that they'd rack up spins after the 30K threshold, then I can see buying donuts. I seem to recall finding out pretty early on that spins would be quickly earned after getting all the personal prizes.

(geez, maybe we can get this thread back on the rails again?)

Yes, but I didn't see it until it was spent. Yes it was known day one, but I saw the update, acquired it, started the quests etc. Then I saw the wheel stuff and saw it was from the tokens. I put 2 and 2 together and saw the bar generated it. So I sped it up. Then I bought more (as they were unlocked), and preceded to go for the gold. Then checking the forums later, saw that coins came at 30k+ gift cards. I then preceded to buy a few more and had all but 1 prize after the first day. So I then attempted to get the last one without spending another 50 donuts, but on the 21st I caved and bought another 20 tokens and won on token #20.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!