EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    you dont have to spend money/donuts to rush through tasks but some people choose to. Does that mean its unfair for EA to allow that to happen? And then it must be out right robbery that their updates cause the donut confirm option to switch off.

    I'm not sure how that is relevant here.

    Look at it this way: What if at the end they gave double tokens for the same amount of donuts? Wouldn't you say they screwed the people who spent donuts on tokens in the beginning, only to have half the spins? Or would you just say...well they should have waited... That example is similar to what happened when they changed the odds.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    Yeah I knew about the extension early on. I'm 100% OK with that. I didn't wait to use all my tokens at the end (if that is what you're asking) because using them as you earn them (1 at a time) or just all at once doesn't change your odds.

    Hopefully this can clear up why people who spent donuts feel screwed: I spent money on a product, which I'll admit, I understood the risks of. I knew there was a chance I wouldn't win everything. I was alright with that. But...had I known the odds were going to increase at the end, I would never had spent any donuts until the odds actually increased and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

    I think that's a pretty good answer, so thank you.

    One thing I don't understand: Why not wait until the event was nearly over before spending donuts? (I didn't mean waiting until the end to make the spins, sorry for the lack of clarity on what I meant.) Minimize the donut expenditure as best as you can?
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    you dont have to spend money/donuts to rush through tasks but some people choose to. Does that mean its unfair for EA to allow that to happen? And then it must be out right robbery that their updates cause the donut confirm option to switch off.

    I'm not sure how that is relevant here.

    Look at it this way: What if at the end they gave double tokens for the same amount of donuts? Wouldn't you say they screwed the people who spent donuts on tokens in the beginning, only to have half the spins? Or would you just say...well they should have waited... That example is similar to what happened when they changed the odds.
    its perfectly relevant, EA also change the "odds" on how much it costs to get premium items with a Gil sale, is that unfair?

    It is a normal reaction to be unhappy when you paid for something and then a short time later it is available under better conditions.
  • thesimdeej33
    32 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

    It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.


    Build a Bridge and Get over it!
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I lacked patience. I bought a truckload of tokens because I wanted to have the stuff. It never crossed my mind that it made my town better than anyone else's town. Frankly, that's just pathetic.

    It simply occurred to me that it made my town more fun AFTER i got the stuff than it had been BEFORE i got the stuff. I wanted to have Christmas lights on my houses for Christmastime. Not on January 6th. I wanted a snow monster roaming in my town for the holidays. I wanted snowmen in my town for the holidays.

    For my own enjoyment. Please stop assuming it is an ego thing. For the person who thinks THAT is the only reason THEY would do it, that's just sad. I could give one c**p about trying to appear "superior" to someone else. In my opinion, just because our society believes that people WITH stuff are somehow superior to people WITHOUT stuff doesn't make it so.

    I was lucky. Many have spent more money (and FAR more EFFORT) than I have.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I lacked patience. I bought a truckload of tokens because I wanted to have the stuff. It never crossed my mind that it made my town better than anyone else's town. Frankly, that's just pathetic.

    It simply occurred to me that it made my town more fun AFTER i got the stuff than it had been BEFORE i got the stuff. I wanted to have Christmas lights on my houses for Christmastime. Not on January 6th. I wanted a snow monster roaming in my town for the holidays. I wanted snowmen in my town for the holidays.

    For my own enjoyment. Please stop assuming it is an ego thing. For the person who thinks THAT is the only reason THEY would do it, that's just sad. I could give one c**p about trying to appear "superior" to someone else. In my opinion, just because our society believes that people WITH stuff are somehow superior to people WITHOUT stuff doesn't make it so.

    I was lucky. Many have spent more money (and FAR more EFFORT) than I have.

    +1. Well stated!!!!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    I wish the snowmen didn't melt.

    I got everything early. I hardly think I'm some poor pathetic loser who feels jipped out of donuts. Lmao
    Maybe that comes with age :lol:
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014

    I think that's a pretty good answer, so thank you.

    One thing I don't understand: Why not wait until the event was nearly over before spending donuts? (I didn't mean waiting until the end to make the spins, sorry for the lack of clarity on what I meant.) Minimize the donut expenditure as best as you can?

    That was another thing I considered when I made the purchases. But as you can tell I'm not so patient. About a week into the update, I figured if I spent donuts on 30 tokens I'd have sufficient time to clear the wheel with free spins afterwards. That was my risk...I wasn't regretting that strategy until the recent change of the odds.

    Either way, I'm not too upset...and I don't mean to cry over spilled milk. I'm just trying to make the point that it is easy to see why some people might be mad about it.
  • Surfcitygal
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I lacked patience. I bought a truckload of tokens because I wanted to have the stuff. It never crossed my mind that it made my town better than anyone else's town. Frankly, that's just pathetic.

    It simply occurred to me that it made my town more fun AFTER i got the stuff than it had been BEFORE i got the stuff. I wanted to have Christmas lights on my houses for Christmastime. Not on January 6th. I wanted a snow monster roaming in my town for the holidays. I wanted snowmen in my town for the holidays.

    For my own enjoyment. Please stop assuming it is an ego thing. For the person who thinks THAT is the only reason THEY would do it, that's just sad. I could give one c**p about trying to appear "superior" to someone else. In my opinion, just because our society believes that people WITH stuff are somehow superior to people WITHOUT stuff doesn't make it so.

    I was lucky. Many have spent more money (and FAR more EFFORT) than I have.

    Hear, hear!
  • Surfcitygal
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    I wish the snowmen didn't melt.

    I got everything early. I hardly think I'm some poor pathetic loser who feels jipped out of donuts. Lmao
    Maybe that comes with age :lol:

    When the snowmen melt, do the ones generating extra points still work? I put mine into storage last year thinking they were going to completely melt away and wanted to save them.
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    I wish the snowmen didn't melt.

    I got everything early. I hardly think I'm some poor pathetic loser who feels jipped out of donuts. Lmao
    Maybe that comes with age :lol:

    ROFL. How true. At a certain age, you stop assuming you're going to be around on any particular date. Might as well spend the money if you're lucky enough to have it. As they say at the chemo clinic, when you've used up your money, you can go make some more. Time? Not so much. ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    I wish the snowmen didn't melt.

    I got everything early. I hardly think I'm some poor pathetic loser who feels jipped out of donuts. Lmao
    Maybe that comes with age :lol:

    ROFL. How true. At a certain age, you stop assuming you're going to be around on any particular date. Might as well spend the money if you're lucky enough to have it. As they say at the chemo clinic, when you've used up your money, you can go make some more. Time? Not so much. ;)

    Annette you have a wonderful outlook on life. Given some of my post it might surprise some of you to know I am not a religious person but I do love one phrase I hear Christians use a lot there is no promise of tomorrow. To my life I use this to remind myself live each day to its fullest.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    I wish the snowmen didn't melt.

    I got everything early. I hardly think I'm some poor pathetic loser who feels jipped out of donuts. Lmao
    Maybe that comes with age :lol:

    When the snowmen melt, do the ones generating extra points still work? I put mine into storage last year thinking they were going to completely melt away and wanted to save them.


    I think they still do. Gosh it's hard to see them in the first place. Melting to just their head...lol
    Oh well
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    New wheel odds? Is that mean instead of stopping on the other side if the wheel of the item I want, it stops on the spot right above it? Great odds!!!!!!!!!!
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    I lacked patience. I bought a truckload of tokens because I wanted to have the stuff. It never crossed my mind that it made my town better than anyone else's town. Frankly, that's just pathetic.

    It simply occurred to me that it made my town more fun AFTER i got the stuff than it had been BEFORE i got the stuff. I wanted to have Christmas lights on my houses for Christmastime. Not on January 6th. I wanted a snow monster roaming in my town for the holidays. I wanted snowmen in my town for the holidays.

    For my own enjoyment. Please stop assuming it is an ego thing. For the person who thinks THAT is the only reason THEY would do it, that's just sad. I could give one c**p about trying to appear "superior" to someone else. In my opinion, just because our society believes that people WITH stuff are somehow superior to people WITHOUT stuff doesn't make it so.

    I was lucky. Many have spent more money (and FAR more EFFORT) than I have.

    You're a gem. Whenever I see my patty or selma, I think of you. :wink:

    That being said, I still think there is some validity to the point that you've countered. Maybe it is a little misguided with the idea that people bought the tokens to get the prizes early for a feeling of superiority, but you paid to get them early because you wanted them early. In the back of your head, you knew (or you should have) that you might be missing out on an opportunity to obtain these items easier or cheaper. You disregarded these thoughts because you wanted them for the holidays, and many did the same. But unlike you, there are many who are now wrapped up in their buyers remorse, who claim foul play because these items are now easier to obtain.

    I equate it to xmas lights. If you buy them the first of December, you are going to pay full retail price. Buy them now, and they cost next to nothing. I dont see anyone outside walmart complaining it's not fair that others are getting the same lights for cheaper. Eh, I'm tired, and I'm having trouble caring enough to finish this thought.

    Bottomline, if you buy things when they come out, you will generally pay more for them, but you buy yourself the peace of mind of knowing you have it. If you wait, you will generally pay less, but run the risk of not getting what you want while it is available. These concepts are not new, and this is the only place I have ever seen where people feel so entitled that they would complain about such.



    The game discussion board is literally killing me.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It's no different than people like me who bought tv on dvd season sets for $30-$50 each then they release the complete series for $50-$150

    People who rush always get punished which is why you find so many slow lazy people cause they get rewarded. Those who don't work make a better living than those who do too.
  • Miidwayz
    28 posts
    edited January 2014
    i do'nt know 2,5 for 5% don't is very changes

    today i try 5x and nothing
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    New wheel odds are great. 5 spins, 5k in money. Still need Helter Shelter.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    It's no different than people like me who bought tv on dvd season sets for $30-$50 each then they release the complete series for $50-$150

    People who rush always get punished which is why you find so many slow lazy people cause they get rewarded. Those who don't work make a better living than those who do too.

    Wow, I was taught patience was a virtue. Apparently patience and laziness are the same thing now. What a terrible outlook on life. Good things come to those who wait is now good things come to the lazy and slow who dont work.

    This is exactly what I was talking about. Rather than take accountability for your own desires and need for instant gratification, just insult everyone who doesnt rush into things the way you did.
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited January 2014
    I guess it sucks to realize that THI IS A GAME! Quit crying!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!