EA Forums - Banner

Game working thread

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that before.

Replies

• subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    My game has been awesome since WD :):):)
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but I almost cringe at the start of an event and the little donut stops spinning. I keep waiting for that lovely harp sound. :twisted:

@subii42 I had the can't connect to server message way to many times to count for both the Halloween and Christmas events.

OK one more edit: I play on an iPad 2 with 32 gig memory. I've read some veiled remarks about that being a problem for people. Have you guys heard anything?
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have not experiences any problems with the game itself. I really enjoyed the wheel and am glad it was seasonal add.

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Excellent point. When events first start, it's like those days after Thanksgiving sales. (Insane.). After the initial rush, things stay in high gear for a while, but stabilize a bit at a time. I think some people learn how to pace themselves and find productive things to do with some of their time (And when I say "some people" I mean "not me")

I still haven't gotten anyone to pat my head and say "There, there, Annette. Once the falling snow animation stops, your device will stop crashing every time you go into your very own town, and you'll be able to decorate it without muttering that very, very, VERY bad word."

Want to be the first to reassure me?

(Saw a bumper sticker once that read: "Why a duck?")
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    There there annette, once hell freezes over, you will be able to decorate freely.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    There there annette, once hell freezes over, you will be able to decorate freely.

No, no, I think it's when hell thaws over. I learned last year, and I'm sure annette knows it, there is no point decorating until the roses come out for Valentine's Day.

Edit: Okay subii42, I just figured it out. Scotland, game - you were talking about your curling too. What WD would have had to do with it is beyond me.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    dgwglenn wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but I almost cringe at the start of an event and the little donut stops spinning. I keep waiting for that lovely harp sound. :twisted:
    No sarcasm. I understand the servers have to be more busy at the beginning of an update, but for the most part it doesn't make much of a difference to me. The exception was the beginning of the Halloween event, but it was fixed pretty easily by reinstalling the game.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

No sarcasm. I understand the servers have to be more busy at the beginning of an update, but for the most part it doesn't make much of a difference to me. The exception was the beginning of the Halloween event, but it was fixed pretty easily by reinstalling the game.

I never had major problems like in the past. The max that I was shut out was an hour or so once or twice. Just a bunch of 5 minute waits to get in which, when added up, were a bit annoying. There were a couple long threads of people who were out for quite a while. Those weren't the ones that I meant were being whiny but I do think the connect to server error encourages those that want to complain about the content.
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited January 2014
    The game is made by EA. Expect poor servers!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Only problem i seem to have is every time i start it he forst it crashes after logging in and apparently load my town.
    then second try log ins good.
    the first time the ea fox thing is not present either.
    tried uninst. Many times no changes.
    but no biggies since contrary to most thats the only problem i have.
    And no my land zone dont have much and i dont have house farms (lvl 37 house farming lol)

edit: i used clean master. Cleaned my memory and got in first try

this is my land zone

id4OPJO.jpg
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    dgwglenn wrote:
    I took one look at the thread title and was going to make a wise crack about winning my curling game this afternoon. My game was working quite well. I could also see that it really wasn't on topic. :wink:
    To keep it on topic though, I did want to make the one observation. Isn't it amazing the difference (reduction) in the amount of server problems/crashes when players gradually finish an event and cut back on their play time. For the first few days to a week of every event the servers go into overload mode and this forum ends up with way too many repeat whiny threads. EA has made improvements but you would think they could assign some extra space at the start of events. :?

4484362_std.jpg
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited January 2014
    Distracty wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:
    I took one look at the thread title and was going to make a wise crack about winning my curling game this afternoon. My game was working quite well. I could also see that it really wasn't on topic. :wink:
    To keep it on topic though, I did want to make the one observation. Isn't it amazing the difference (reduction) in the amount of server problems/crashes when players gradually finish an event and cut back on their play time. For the first few days to a week of every event the servers go into overload mode and this forum ends up with way too many repeat whiny threads. EA has made improvements but you would think they could assign some extra space at the start of events. :?

4484362_std.jpg

Do I win a cigar? Or a measly $100.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.