EA Forums - Banner

[Poll] Give us Dirt/New Ground Cover, day [ 654 ] of many <--- EA [email protected]@K

Replies

• edited January 2014
    Great idea, I would like to see better options for paving and the ground.
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    Latest updated list for day 5...:

-Dirt or smaller dirt pathways/walkways
    -useable Parking Lot Surface (instead of a decoration)
    -useable roads
    -Pavers
    -Cobblestone
    -Snow
    -Sand
    -Swamp Water
    -Gravel
    -Wooden planks/bridges
    -Different colored grass/dead grass
    -Cracked pot hole roads
    -Water transition to connect a river to the sea
    -Zebra crossings (black & white crosswalks)

-Also, this is a change as opposed to a new ground cover but please give us ground cover in smaller section as opposed to the standard 4x4 size blocks.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    More variety in flowers
  • sacrlc
    15 posts
    edited January 2014
    More variety in flowers

Tulips and daffodils!
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    Tulips are my favorite.
  • kcotton74
    52 posts
    edited January 2014
    It surprises me that even with all the great content that's been released, Springfield has the same ole flowers, roads and deco it did a year ago....
    But if I had my way, you would be able to: change season, switch between day/night, and choose from a dazzling array of flora and fauna. Just think of how much more time we could waste decorating our towns!

Our beautiful towns....
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Weeds
    (this is not my idea, some other poster wrote about it, but can't remember who or where to give them credit)

Free standing clumps of flowers - water lilies to put in the water edge, or other aquatic flowers and weeds.

To be able to joint the rivers to the sea.

Some other crops to put around Cletus's farm - similar to the pumpkin patches - like peas, squash, cabbage, blackberries, strawberries, etc.

Cypres trees to line the roads leading to the cemeteries. The do look impressive, dignified and properly gloomy. In some southern European towns and villages, you know where the old cemeteries are just by following the one road lined by these beautiful trees.

Wine yards like in California and even olive trees......

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited January 2014
    Dirty bump
  • darrenholm736
    1278 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    If you could get a road running parallel to the ocean you can run your river into it, with the "bridge" skin on one side but never exit out the other side.. It's kinda like a big drain channel that must go to the ocean even tho you can't see it...

That's exactly what I did. It's the only way to make it look as though the river is running into the sea...

B1xXT88.jpg?1
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing this update :/

Anyways bump hopefully this gives a bump up! :)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • H0LLYW000D
    29 posts
    edited January 2014
    Swamp water for the Halloween section of town, cobblestone, and wooden planks/bridges for park areas. Let us put vehicles on roads so I don't have to cheat and make "roads" out of pavement :p does anybody else do that?

I do and it sucks sometimes trying to hide the road/pavements transitioning between the two. I would also like to be able to place stop signs and lamp poles on the sidewalks like we can with the parking meters :wink:
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    I appreciate all the support!!!! I am going to keep this going until EA takes notice. Also just to clarify, I am keeping a running list of just ground covers as opposed to all decoration suggestions. So please understand that I am not dissing your suggestion. Actually 99% of them are brilliant. Overall I am trying to keep this post focused to meet the objective.

Thanks again,
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Bump
  • SalvatoreLoz86
    107 posts
    edited January 2014
    Just thought of something and now it bugs me that we dont have it...

Curved corners/bends for roads!

We could choose a curved/rounded corner instead of the squared off corner of roads (like how the lakes corners are rounded), and we could rotate it all 4 ways :) they would be the same size as the road now.

After thinking of this now all i can think of is how ugly my road is :(
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Daily bump
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to be able to put cars in the parking spots. Heck, even just on the streets.
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited January 2014
    Dirt!! Please. My hillbilly section is way too bright and green. Also, Nelson's house already has a dirt pad. It looks funny surrounded by grass. And roads we can place the cars on, and train tracks.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited January 2014
    -useable roads
    -Pavers
    -Cobblestone
    -Snow
    -Sand
    -Swamp Water
    -Gravel
    -Wooden planks/bridges
    -Cracked pot hole roads

-Also, this is a change as opposed to a new ground cover but please give us ground cover in smaller section as opposed to the standard 4x4 size blocks.

LOVE this idea... Please EA make this happen :)
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    Daily bump and latest list:

-useable roads
    -Pavers
    -Cobblestone
    -Snow
    -Sand
    -Swamp Water
    -Gravel
    -Wooden planks/bridges
    -Cracked pot hole roads

• ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am going to make a poll with the above list. If anyone has any additional ground covers that they would like to add please post them today. Also, if I have missed a ground cover (not decoration) already suggested please let me know and I will add it.

Thanks all,
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.