EA Forums - Banner

Bug: Kindle Fire HD (8.9") keeps dropping me to the menu or even resetting when visiting friends

Get a difference device. Kindle always has issues

Replies

  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Wife has the kindle fire hex 7 she developed a issue after purchasing some donuts. Where it would reset when tring to log in. I had to reinstall it and it worked fine after that. I see you have already do that though. Have you powered it off and back on going straight into it so there are no other background programs running to see if it persist could be a memory issue.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have only ever played the game on Kindle Fire devices and it's not true that they've 'always had issues'.

    The only problem I've seen is the same problem many who use other devices have seen: when your town, or your neighbors' towns, get too big your device may not be able to fully or quickly render everything, it hangs, and the app crashes. The solution is to plug your device into a wall socket while you're playing, but even that will only get you so far.

    With every update the game gets bigger, the number of animations and sound effects increases, and the amount of memory and processing power required is steadily increasing. If you're playing on a first-generation Fire I'm not suprised you're hitting the upper limits of the device's capabilities. I saw the same thing toward the end of the Halloween update on my first-gen Kindle Fire, and there were even some neighbors whose towns I had to stop visting entirely because the app would crash every time I visited them---all people with HUGE towns, with TONS of stuff going on animation-wise.

    The game runs fine on my second-gen 8.9" HDX.

    P.S. I don't want to derail the thread, but you should see my site for a lot more Fire info and tips and tricks. Click the www button below, if you want to check it out. I'm wondering if your battery has been overcharged and damaged, too. A lot of people are under the mistaken impression that it's not possible to overcharge a lithium ion rechargeable battery, and they routinely leave their devices plugged in overnight. This CAN damage the battery, and will gradually reduce the battery's life, performance, and holding capacity.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Get a difference device. Kindle always has issues

    Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not going to buy a new device because of a bug in the game.
    Besides, it did the same exact thing on the iPod Touch 4th gen for over a year, which is part of the reason I upgraded to a Kindle Fire HD in the first place.

    Aside from this bug it works nearly flawlessly. Much better than iOS for me.
  • EvolWayz
    63 posts
    edited January 2014
    Maybe your town is too large &/or have everything ready for collection...I have the kindle fire hd 7" & it crashes when I try to visit neighbors that have too much going on
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    EvolWayz wrote:
    Maybe your town is too large &/or have everything ready for collection...I have the kindle fire hd 7" & it crashes when I try to visit neighbors that have too much going on

    That would be a bug though.
    If a game developer creates a world with rules and then breaks those rules by allowing more than is capable in their created space that would be considered a bug.

    I've now spoken to about 10 others with the same exact problem as I have been having. It just seems that everyone expects it or thinks it's their fault so they don't report it to EA. Perhaps if everyone contacted them they might actually try and fix it.
    P.S. I don't want to derail the thread, but you should see my site for a lot more Fire info and tips and tricks. Click the www button below, if you want to check it out. I'm wondering if your battery has been overcharged and damaged, too. A lot of people are under the mistaken impression that it's not possible to overcharge a lithium ion rechargeable battery, and they routinely leave their devices plugged in overnight. This CAN damage the battery, and will gradually reduce the battery's life, performance, and holding capacity.

    You may be thinking of older NiCad batteries where that was definitely an issue, but it's definitely not anymore.

    All devices with an internal lithium ion rechargeable battery have a smart charge/discharge circuit to avoid damage to the battery. The internal charge/discharge circuit will protect the battery mostly. The one thing it can NOT avoid is a total discharge. On low voltage, the device turns off, but that does not stop the battery from discharging any further, only slows down the rate. If you do nothing, the continuing discharge though small, will drag the voltage below the threshold and the cell will DIE as a result of to low a voltage. So, it is best to leave it on the charger, than not on the charger. The key to a long lifetime of a lithium cell is to recharge immediately if it turns itself off based on a low battery warning. If not, you COULD cause the cell to DIE prematurely.

    I've kept my iPod Touch on the charger almost all the time over the last 3 years and it still holds it's charge for the exact length of time.

    Thanks for your input though.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    This really isn't a new bug for me. It's been going on for several months, but I'm trying to find out who else is experiencing it in hopes of diagnosing what's causing it.

    It's really frustrating during the holidays because I need to get prizes from the prize wheel and it really helps to get gift cards from friend's Springfields.

    Here's what happens:
    I can usually visit a few friends before the screen gets horribly slow.. Maybe 1-3 frames per second, then when I try to click on something, weather it be an item or the "Next Arrow" the screen blinks in rapid succession a few times and then dumps me out to the Kindle carousel menu. Like I mentioned sometimes it will even cause my Kindle to reboot! Very uncool. :(
    What I've tried:
    I've started out with the easier fixes and worked my way up;
    01. Restarting the Kindle Fire HD
    02. Shutting down unused running apps
    03. Clearing the cache on all apps
    04. Deleted many friends with large Springfields
    05. Uninstalled and reinstalled Simpson's Tapped Out
    06. Returned the Kindle Fire HD for a new one (I had a bright spot in the corner so it was not just for this.

    And the verdict... NOTHING HELPED! :cry:

    I'm really out of ideas. I don't see many others complaining about this problem so it makes me wonder if I have some type of setup with my Springfield that is causing it.
    I have bought quite a lot of land, but I don't have houses on every square inch or anything.

    The crashes just seem so random and they aren't always on larger Springfield's either.

    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going insane with this. :roll:

    the game has bugs and needs to be fixed.

    it crashes for a LOT of people with newer devices (old ones as well but it seems to happy more on newer ones) just take a look on this forum and see the ever increasing amount of posts of my game crashes i have a iphone 5s or samsung s3 or s4 etc etc.

    it's random and happens more for some then others or doesn't happen at all for some people. a lot of people seem to say it's a memory issue but a lot of people having the crashes have plenty of available memory (both hard disc space and ram)..

    it's a issue that EA needs to patch.. if it was a device issue EA would of already made a thread about it here saying it's a low memory issue or whatever chances are they don't know whats causing it or do and are working on fixing it.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    spoonmanx wrote:
    This really isn't a new bug for me. It's been going on for several months, but I'm trying to find out who else is experiencing it in hopes of diagnosing what's causing it.

    It's really frustrating during the holidays because I need to get prizes from the prize wheel and it really helps to get gift cards from friend's Springfields.

    Here's what happens:
    I can usually visit a few friends before the screen gets horribly slow.. Maybe 1-3 frames per second, then when I try to click on something, weather it be an item or the "Next Arrow" the screen blinks in rapid succession a few times and then dumps me out to the Kindle carousel menu. Like I mentioned sometimes it will even cause my Kindle to reboot! Very uncool. :(
    What I've tried:
    I've started out with the easier fixes and worked my way up;
    01. Restarting the Kindle Fire HD
    02. Shutting down unused running apps
    03. Clearing the cache on all apps
    04. Deleted many friends with large Springfields
    05. Uninstalled and reinstalled Simpson's Tapped Out
    06. Returned the Kindle Fire HD for a new one (I had a bright spot in the corner so it was not just for this.

    And the verdict... NOTHING HELPED! :cry:

    I'm really out of ideas. I don't see many others complaining about this problem so it makes me wonder if I have some type of setup with my Springfield that is causing it.
    I have bought quite a lot of land, but I don't have houses on every square inch or anything.

    The crashes just seem so random and they aren't always on larger Springfield's either.

    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going insane with this. :roll:

    the game has bugs and needs to be fixed.

    it crashes for a LOT of people with newer devices (old ones as well but it seems to happy more on newer ones) just take a look on this forum and see the ever increasing amount of posts of my game crashes i have a iphone 5s or samsung s3 or s4 etc etc.

    it's random and happens more for some then others or doesn't happen at all for some people. a lot of people seem to say it's a memory issue but a lot of people having the crashes have plenty of available memory (both hard disc space and ram)..

    it's a issue that EA needs to patch.. if it was a device issue EA would of already made a thread about it here saying it's a low memory issue or whatever chances are they don't know whats causing it or do and are working on fixing it.


    Yeah, but seeing how it's been like this for months I'd say the chances are low that they will actually fix it.
  • joshuaadolph
    35 posts
    edited January 2014
    I fell your pain to spoonmanx. I also have the 8 1/2 and mine does the exact same thing. Mine has been doing it for months too and if I scroll across the screen it will stop halfway then it will kick me out and sometimes I have to attempt to get back into the game 5 or 6 times before it will launch. But I love this game and I am not going to stop because of it. It can be a pain sometimes tho
  • phonedave
    47 posts
    edited January 2014
    Two.of.my friends have towns that cause my HDX to exit to the home screen when I visit. I can visit on an iPad h however. It has to be something in those towns that causes the problem. I have yet to figure out what however.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    phonedave wrote:
    Two.of.my friends have towns that cause my HDX to exit to the home screen when I visit. I can visit on an iPad h however. It has to be something in those towns that causes the problem. I have yet to figure out what however.
    im not quite shore neither, but heavily decorated towns can make some visitors crash out. I don't no wether it's the processing power that can make ur crash.. But one thing I no is that I couldn't access my town on my iPod 4 but could with my ipad (when my town was heavily decorated). Wether that is the case I don't know :lol: just wat I noticed :mrgreen: Hopefull it gets sorted out tho
  • ElliotJ0920
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    Move your Landing Zone Tree to a clear area in your Springfield instead of a congested area.

    It worked for me.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    Move your Landing Zone Tree to a clear area in your Springfield instead of a congested area.

    It worked for me.

    Thanks for the reply, but can you please tell me what a landing zone tree is?
    Is that some sort of spawning area or something? And doing that helps the game from shutting down when accessing your friend's Springfield?
  • ElliotJ0920
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but can you please tell me what a landing zone tree is?
    Is that some sort of spawning area or something? And doing that helps the game from shutting down when accessing your friend's Springfield?

    "Present Depot", as it's called at the start of the Xmas Update - that metal tree where the presents fall. Its location determines your landing zone. I located mine in Squidport and many days my game would crash while loading, returning me to the Kindle carousel. I just recently moved it to an empty area and my game hasn't had any trouble since.

    I experienced a few crashes during friend visits as well. I just kept track of which town it was crashing in, and during friend visits I would either save those for last or skip them entirely. I only had two friends whose towns made me crash, and oddly neither of them had the most decorations or clutter.

    Hope that helps. Good luck.
  • bettyseek381
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Just adding that I have the same. I can't visit many friends because of having to find my place and start again .
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but can you please tell me what a landing zone tree is?
    Is that some sort of spawning area or something? And doing that helps the game from shutting down when accessing your friend's Springfield?

    "Present Depot", as it's called at the start of the Xmas Update - that metal tree where the presents fall. Its location determines your landing zone. I located mine in Squidport and many days my game would crash while loading, returning me to the Kindle carousel. I just recently moved it to an empty area and my game hasn't had any trouble since.

    I experienced a few crashes during friend visits as well. I just kept track of which town it was crashing in, and during friend visits I would either save those for last or skip them entirely. I only had two friends whose towns made me crash, and oddly neither of them had the most decorations or clutter.

    Hope that helps. Good luck.

    Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Unfortunately I don't think that's the problem here. The slow downs and eventual closing of Simpson's Tapped Out predates the Christmas update by about a year.

    Thanks for trying though.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.