EA Forums - Banner

Tapping Out

Prev13
That's a shame :( how about you come back once the update is over? Hopefully ea doesn't think of any terrorising things such as the wheel in future, so stay with us. If you really loved the game then you would stick with it until after this update, so please do. I know the Christmas update has annoyed a whole host of people but I'm sure things will get better in the coming ones, so stay with the tapped out community.

Replies

• HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Quitting because you didn't get a building?

I've seen it all now!
  • gregp07
    120 posts
    edited January 2014
    HillyBillyOli
    01/13/2014 11:45:03 Subject: Tapping Out

I've seen it all now!

Haha definitely sums it up. Clausco isn't everything... There's not even a task for it.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    gregp07 wrote:
    HillyBillyOli
    01/13/2014 11:45:03 Subject: Tapping Out

I've seen it all now!

Haha definitely sums it up. Clausco isn't everything... There's not even a task for it.

Some people just want to watch the game world thaw...
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014

I've seen it all now!

Ever see a man eat his own head?
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2014

I've seen it all now!

If I hadn't read that EA changed the odds of the wheel I would continue to play but to find out they changed the odds after I wasted so much trying to get ClausCo, yes you have now seen everything.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_****_i_give.jpg
  • JohnBuc06
    4 posts
    edited January 2014
    I think the point he is trying to make is that as a premium player he has spent real money on the game to collect/showcase items whithin his town ...BUT there is one item he cannot get because EA decided to make it a random generated item with low odds of achieving and he feels cheated out the oppurtunity to create the Springfield he would like because of this method. Remember this is not a "freemium" (is that the right term?) player complaining about this. It's one thing to offer items during limited windows based on season or episode tie-ins, we all can accept that ...its another to make it simply a game of chance with no other way of acheiving such item. I'm in the same boat as the OP ...premium player, have over 120,000+ cards and even purchased spin tokens yet still no Claus Co. due to the low random odds. It's extremely frustrating and off-putting for those of us who have not cleared the wheel. I know I for one will severly judge if I spend real cash on premium items in the future if I know there will be chances I cannot get an item I would like as its basically a random generated item.
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to today's wimpy society where if everyone doesnt get a trophy just for playing, they take their ball and go home.

I'm not gonna get the Helter Shelter. I wanted it.....oh well. I'll still be tapping tomorrow.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    20110421150440_30297.gif
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2014
    Most of you obviously never learned to read. If EA hadn't changed the odds of the wheel I would continue to play but seeing as how they did I am choosing to leave. Yes I am a cry baby thank you.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited January 2014
    Most of you obviously never learned to read. If EA hadn't changed the odds of the wheel I would continue to play but seeing as how they did I am choosing to leave. Yes I am a cry baby thank you.
    I think they read it fine, they just have their own way of saying that they would not react to it as you are choosing to do.

Unfortunate you have taken EA's decision as a personal slight, though they did not force you to spend any money (that being your choice to do so), but as everyone is entitled to do as they see fit, and you obviously feel this decision is a strong motivation to leave the game, all we can really say is "thanks for sharing and good luck!".
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Given the chance next year I would definitely pay donuts for the yeti. He's so cute. Over 140,000 gift cards and still haven't gotten him or Claus Co. Oh well.
  • craighk01957
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Just a suggestion... Play the game for the aspects of it you like. The positives outweigh the negative of not having one building. Next July you won't even miss it.
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2014
    nubbin71 wrote:
    I think they read it fine, they just have their own way of saying that they would not react to it as you are choosing to do.

Unfortunate you have taken EA's decision as a personal slight, though they did not force you to spend any money (that being your choice to do so), but as everyone is entitled to do as they see fit, and you obviously feel this decision is a strong motivation to leave the game, all we can really say is "thanks for sharing and good luck!".

Correct, EA's decision to change the rules midstream is **** and I won't play a game that is unfair. Yes I did choose to spend money on the game and I have no complaints with that I was happy to spend money on a game that I thought was fair for everyone.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    EA's decision to change the rules midstream is **** and I won't play a game that is unfair. Yes I did choose to spend money on the game and I have no complaints with that I was happy to spend money on a game that I thought was fair for everyone.

How is it unfair? Did you get the prizes you wanted? Did you enjoy them? If not, then stop playing the game. If yes, continue to enjoy the game and quit your *.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    nubbin71 wrote:

Correct, EA's decision to change the rules midstream is **** and I won't play a game that is unfair. Yes I did choose to spend money on the game and I have no complaints with that I was happy to spend money on a game that I thought was fair for everyone.

So you are leaving since they made it easier for you to hit the final prize? Your first post says you are missing Clausco, they gave you (and everyone else) a better chance to get all the prizes. So you are stopping since they made it easier for you to get the prize?
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited January 2014
    I really loved the game until this Christmas update and I can honestly say that I no longer want to play the game. I have been a player for over a year and have played everyday since i started, I reached the max level numerous times, spent money on the game to get the premium items, spent way too much time laying out my town since I actually wanted to play the game and not just create a house farm. I was very excited for the Christmas update to see what new items and what the event was going to look like since I missed last years by one month. As soon as I saw ClausCo on the wheel I didn't want anything else from the wheel but ClausCo. 150,000 Gift Cards later ClausCo is still the only item I am unable to get and today I read in the forum that EA changed the odds of the wheel with the last update. With this also being the last day and having no other way to get anymore gift cards to get ClausCo I am Tapping Out from the game.

obamayawn.gif
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    nubbin71 wrote:

+++++++1

Hope they realize their huge mistake and make those things available for purchase. I'm tired of a world in which just because someone is LUCKY they end up with more. I prefer that we reward the WORK ETHIC that we jabber about so much. Every time a politician picks up amicrophone, they give THAT sermon. That we are rewarded for being diligent.

Then when hard work does NOT improve our lives, those same men tell us to stop whining and bring out their "life isn't fair" mantra. Funny, they never say that when the microphone is on.

EA has total control over how this godforsaken game is resolved. Unlike real life, they have the unlimited power to MAKE this fair for those who have bought into the work ethic. The rest of us have nothing to lose. We won the things through sheer luck.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    EA's decision to change the rules midstream is **** and I won't play a game that is unfair. Yes I did choose to spend money on the game and I have no complaints with that I was happy to spend money on a game that I thought was fair for everyone.

How is it unfair? Did you get the prizes you wanted? Did you enjoy them? If not, then stop playing the game. If yes, continue to enjoy the game and quit your *.

The amount of time I wasted trying to get a prize with ridiculous odds is unfair and EA even realized the odds of the wheel were ridiculous so they had to lower them. No I did not enjoy the prizes I got and I would happily trade in every Christmas item in for ClausCo. Yes I will stop playing the game.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I really loved the game until this Christmas update and I can honestly say that I no longer want to play the game. I have been a player for over a year and have played everyday since i started, I reached the max level numerous times, spent money on the game to get the premium items, spent way too much time laying out my town since I actually wanted to play the game and not just create a house farm. I was very excited for the Christmas update to see what new items and what the event was going to look like since I missed last years by one month. As soon as I saw ClausCo on the wheel I didn't want anything else from the wheel but ClausCo. 150,000 Gift Cards later ClausCo is still the only item I am unable to get and today I read in the forum that EA changed the odds of the wheel with the last update. With this also being the last day and having no other way to get anymore gift cards to get ClausCo I am Tapping Out from the game.

You could try contacting EA? They may feel sorry for you! . :-\
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.