EA Forums - Banner

All Characters should have voices.

I don't care because I never have my volume on lol

Replies

• bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    There's a lot of red tape. Many of the voice actors will have clauses in their contracts that prohibit their voices being used anywhere else other than The Simpsons.

It wouldn't be worth it for EA to bother regardless of how much money they've made from the game.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jesfer72 wrote:
    EA if you do listen to us you've made way to much money on this game not to pay the royalties to have all the voices. I mean seriously the characters that do talk say 4-5 lines anyways it shouldn't cost that much for 4-5 lines for the ones that don't.

This can be very tricky. Not only would the voice actors need to agree (which is most likely the easiest part), but the entities that hold their contracts would also have to agree. Once all the agreements are there, then you need to make sure that there are no conflicts (eg. what if Joe Montegna was under contract with Disney or something like that...NOT saying he is, but those are the kinds of things that get touchy).

I have gotten used to the silent bunch (Milhouse, Fat Tony, Luann, Ms. Krabappel, etc..).

Continuing along this topic, though, it would be nice to have a 'refresher' of sorts. Maybe give us a few different lines for some of the characters who currently ARE voiced.

And who else here responds to "HI Everybody" when they tap on Dr. Nick...
  • katehutson
    544 posts
    edited January 2014
    There's only 5 voices that do all the character who have voices.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    On a sort of related note - did you know that the actress that voiced/sang as Snow White for Disney signed a contract that forbade her to ever do voiceover work for another company?
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I didn't even notice some didn't have voices for a while cause I'm so used to hearing their voices as a die hard simpsons fan that I still hear them when I read their text
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    I didn't even notice some didn't have voices for a while cause I'm so used to hearing their voices as a die hard simpsons fan that I still hear them when I read their text

That's known as schizophrenia :)
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    katehutson wrote:
    There's only 5 voices that do all the character who have voices.

Six.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    Well for me it **** me off. How would you feel if you where playing GTA V and only Michael talked and not Franklin and Trevor? Keep in mind you pay once for GTA V and you pay so many times to buy donuts for this game if you do buy donuts.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It would be nice if they did. Especially PAID characters should be voiced.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.