EA Forums - Banner

Game Request: Buy alternate voices for characters.

Since I play with the sound off, it's not a problem for me. I don't even know what any of the last dozen characters released sound like.

Replies

• djcortado
    43 posts
    edited January 2014
    Personally I'm more bothered by that dull music.
    They changed one of CBG's phrases some time ago, so it's possible. Fingers crossed 8)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, I've heard it mentioned a few times that those characters who can perform on the open-air stage get different sound bytes when they're performing, so that's something.
  • Shortyy01
    243 posts
    edited January 2014
    I play with the sound off because my dogs go ape [email protected]#$ when they hear the sounds so I think that would be a "No" from me. Money sure, but please not donuts. Donuts are not worth a little bit of sound.
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Shortyy01 wrote:
    I play with the sound off because my dogs go ape [email protected]#$ when they hear the sounds so I think that would be a "No" from me. Money sure, but please not donuts. Donuts are not worth a little bit of sound.

The EXACT reason I'm not "allowed" to play with sound. It wouldn't be worth donuts...
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6344 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to get voices for the muted characters. The ones voiced by the guest stars. Tress MacNielle, Maggie Roswell, Russi Taylor, Joe Mantegna, Kelsey Grammar, Albert Brooks, etc...

Also to get actual dialogue sound bites for the current characters who only grunt, laugh, scream & moan. Sideshow Mel, Marge, Arnie Pye, Tribal Chief, Abraham Lincoln, etc...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Pay for voices? Nope, pass.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    I know I'm starting to get a little tired of the same voices over and over again.
    I'd like to hear some new catch phrases. Like Apu asking if I would like a Grape Sqwuishy! :)

I would definitely spend some donuts to get more variety.

What do you guys think?

for money?? never in a million years.

the game does need to add news ones for sure but for doughnuts no chance.

apu- thank you come again.. homer needs his woohoo for tasks he likes, and various changes to all of them.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    So you're asking for alternate sayings from the voices, correct? Not actually changing the voices. I'd be down for this, but nothing I'm interested in paying for.
  • Mordin99
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Well they should change CBG's "loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix" since last Sunday's episode changed all that.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    *** SPOILER QUESTION BELOW***

Did CBG actually get married, or was it only in the comic? The ending made it somewhat ambiguous.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    I never said anything about spending money... not sure where that came from.

I have earned over 300 donuts and I've not spent a penny on the game.
  • nickjuly4
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    I really wish they would add the voices for the characters that don't have voices for some reason. It's one thing to not have a voice for characters that are hardly seen in the show like Miss Springfield, but I don't know why they'd not add voice clips for more major characters like Milhouse or Mrs. Krabappel.

One interesting thing I recently learned is that many of voice clips (and even the background music) used in The Simpsons Tapped out were actually taken from The Simpsons Game made by EA in 2007. I recently rented it and heard pretty much most of the clips I've heard in The Simpsons Tapped Out and it actually gave me the answer as to why Carl says that "Things like this won't happen when Obama's president!" quote even though Obama was already president when Tapped Out was made. Though, since many of the inexplicably unvoiced characters already have voice clips in The Simpsons game (and other past EA Simpsons games) they could just use the old voice clips.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    nickjuly4 wrote:
    I really wish they would add the voices for the characters that don't have voices for some reason. It's one thing to not have a voice for characters that are hardly seen in the show like Miss Springfield, but I don't know why they'd not add voice clips for more major characters like Milhouse or Mrs. Krabappel.

One interesting thing I recently learned is that many of voice clips (and even the background music) used in The Simpsons Tapped out were actually taken from The Simpsons Game made by EA in 2007. I recently rented it and heard pretty much most of the clips I've heard in The Simpsons Tapped Out and it actually gave me the answer as to why Carl says that "Things like this won't happen when Obama's president!" quote even though Obama was already president when Tapped Out was made. Though, since many of the inexplicably unvoiced characters already have voice clips in The Simpsons game (and other past EA Simpsons games) they could just use the old voice clips.

I'm sure it comes down to licensing and budgeting. Also, the woman who voiced Mrs. Krabapple, who's name eludes me atm, passed away so I'm not sure they would add a voice for her now out of respect.

To be fair the Obama line sounds like something Carl would say regardless of the date...
  • nickjuly4
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    nickjuly4 wrote:

I'm sure it comes down to licensing and budgeting. Also, the woman who voiced Mrs. Krabapple, who's name eludes me atm, passed away so I'm not sure they would add a voice for her now out of respect.

To be fair the Obama line sounds like something Carl would say regardless of the date...

Yeah, but it doesn't really make sense for him to say "when Obama's president" since he already is. It could be changed to something like "Things wont be like this when Obama fixes it!" or something similar.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.