EA Forums - Banner

If I don't update, can I still collect cards/coins/play the wheel?

give it a shot and let us know.

Replies

• Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I was able to play just a few minutes ago and have not updated yet. I collected gift cards and got a spin token but did not spin. Also, the update hadn't appeared on the appstore yet for me though for some reason......
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Unless you're still playing pt 18 of the Christmas quests, your neighbors were the primary source of gift cards.

I haven't updated yet and can verify you can still spin the wheel and collect prizes.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You can until they make you update. Eventually, you will get a message about needing the newest version of the game. Or that's how it worked for Whacking Day. Not sure about Halloween. I was done with Halloween in all my towns so I updated as soon as I could.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited January 2014
    You can until they make you update. Eventually, you will get a message about needing the newest version of the game. Or that's how it worked for Whacking Day. Not sure about Halloween. I was done with Halloween in all my towns so I updated as soon as I could.

Yes, was same for halloween :) :-)
  • Leenan777
    128 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have not updated yet. Still collecting cards an just spun the wheel.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I spent all 45 of my spin tokens before I updated so I think its very possible. :D
    You wont be able to do much with friends, but you can still spin the wheel if you have leftover tokens.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    kevfd wrote:

Yes, was same for halloween :) :-)

:lol: Except there actually was new content when Halloween ended.
  • BombadilloT
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I can't visit neighbors that have updated, so collecting coins is going to be difficult. Does the neighbor exploit (the one used to get extra Squidport tiles) work on the egg nog bar to generate extra coins? If so, maybe some of us still lacking wheel items could group together in a last ditch effort to help each other finish it off.
  • omgvallx3
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    At the moment, yeah you can. We'll probably be forced to update sometime this week though.. I'm 300 cards away from my next token, so I'm going to play until I get it (tonight, hopefully) and call it

But for now, yes, you can still collect cards. However, you can't visit any neighbors who have updated until you update, so that might hinder your collection.
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't dare to update after all I've read here about login problems or wrong towns/reset towns after updating. Hope this issue will be resolved soon. Until then (or as long as EA lets me) I will stay in Xmas mode...
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I can't visit neighbors that have updated, so collecting coins is going to be difficult. Does the neighbor exploit (the one used to get extra Squidport tiles) work on the egg nog bar to generate extra coins? If so, maybe some of us still lacking wheel items could group together in a last ditch effort to help each other finish it off.

No it doesn't.
    philiweiss wrote:
    I don't dare to update after all I've read here about login problems or wrong towns/reset towns after updating. Hope this issue will be resolved soon. Until then (or as long as EA lets me) I will stay in Xmas mode...

Agreed and with no new content, why risk it unless you're really sick of the snow?

Think I'll let Homer, Lisa and the Flanders' enjoy the snow a little more.
  • streetkid420
    12 posts
    edited January 2014
    There is no point. I lost all my gift cards .
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    My ipad forced update. My iPhone forced update.

My boy's ipod stayed in Xmas mode so I got him some more spin tokens and used them.

I logged him out and tried logging my account in so I could spend my 45 spin tokens, but it recognised my account had updated on another device and forced his ipod to update.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I haven't updated yet and only issue is neighbors who have it won't let me visit them
  • SquidFaery
    42 posts
    edited January 2014
    I managed to scrape up enough gift cards for one more token and cleared the wheel! Kind of odd clearing it on "borrowed time" though.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    SquidFaery wrote:
    I managed to scrape up enough gift cards for one more token and cleared the wheel! Kind of odd clearing it on "borrowed time" though.

Nice :thumbup:
  • jettsmom98
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Lucky you. I managed to get enough for one more spin and got another $1000. No Claus co for me. Bummer. I even used all the donuts I'd been saving over the past year.
  • zaidBS
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    I just won mr. Plow!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!