EA Forums - Banner

And the next big complaint will be ...

Someone else here said (in another thread) it was EA's way of being able to force more ads on players.

Logging in to Origin on your computer does expose you to more EA advertising, but it also keeps Origin running in the background, with chat functions and so on. I think they want to encourage more activity on the Origin site itself, and of course, anytime you can consolidate things there are usually gains in efficiency on the developer side.

Replies

• bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    That The ability to manage your friends list in game has been removed....

Not sure if this only effects iPads/iPhones but we can no longer manage friends without a PC (or so I'm led to believe)

Thanks EA for keeping up with the times, I will go dig out my antique laptop so i can manage my friends list, it will be so much faster for me, waiting for windows to initialise and check for updates, my anti virus will want to scan 300000000 files my CPU usage and ram will be at max capacity for 6 hours, I will have to plug it into the wall for power because my ancient battery no longer holds a charge.

Maybe they do this kind of crap to keep us all on here moaning hahaha

Does anyone know the logic why they would remove the feature from in game to an external site?

I have an iPad & yes I'm affected & made a hate it thread lol
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    Well whatever the reason I'm sure it's for EA's benefit, it certainly won't be for the end user's :evil:

Oh well can't change it, and there's bigger things to worry about, however I'm confident I've started (unless there's a few i missed) the next big "complaint topic" for the next few months hahaha
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry you lost your in game friends management; but I'm Android never knew what it was like. (Hey now since were equal we'll get a shot at the Maple store)
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd be ok with this, IF they made TSTO available on both Mac and PC.

But seeing as how they don't (natively), it's not a good thing from my point of view.
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited January 2014

Not sure if this only effects iPads/iPhones but we can no longer manage friends without a PC (or so I'm led to believe)

Thanks EA for keeping up with the times, I will go dig out my antique laptop so i can manage my friends list, it will be so much faster for me, waiting for windows to initialise and check for updates, my anti virus will want to scan 300000000 files my CPU usage and ram will be at max capacity for 6 hours, I will have to plug it into the wall for power because my ancient battery no longer holds a charge.

Does anyone know the logic why they would remove the feature from in game to an external site?

Then buy a better laptop/computer or don't bother managing your friends. Problem solved. I don't manage my friends, if they remain a friend on my account great if not its no big deal. I let them do the deleting. I don't have an Apple anything (Nor do I ever want an Apple anything). I'm sure this is EA's way of making the game more uniform across the board for all devices.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited January 2014

Then buy a better laptop/computer or don't bother managing your friends. Problem solved. I don't manage my friends, if they remain a friend on my account great if not its no big deal. I let them do the deleting. I don't have an Apple anything (Nor do I ever want an Apple anything). I'm sure this is EA's way of making the game more uniform across the board for all devices.

If you don't manage your friends and you build up too many pending requests that can cause game issues. (At least the way things were. Maybe this fixes that issue.)
  • quintings
    46 posts
    edited January 2014
    I thought it was just me who couldn't manage friends! It's so annoying! I haven't played on my laptop though
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Relax, it'll come back. They are clearly removing it for a purpose and for all you apple crybabies, android doesn't have that system anyway so it's not hurting us - be grateful you had it. The golden scratch-r returned.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    Sorry you lost your in game friends management; but I'm Android never knew what it was like. (Hey now since were equal we'll get a shot at the Maple store)

Don't think so friend. I already have it. Lmao
    8)
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    Quick update.....

If you download the free EA scrabble app you can login to origin and it brings up the same screen we had in tapped out. May also work on the android store?

I've just gone in and it looks like we can delete from there :)
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Quick update.....

If you download the free EA scrabble app you can login to origin and it brings up the same screen we had in tapped out. May also work on the android store?

ssshhhhhhh or they'll "fix" that!
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Quick update.....

AWESOMENESS!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    Quick update.....

ssshhhhhhh or they'll "fix" that!

It may only be a matter of time lol

So quickly clear out the dead wood ready for spring :)
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    Hopefully they will create an app that works the same as what you download for MAC and PC, If they are phasing out the in game option. It would be cheaper than buying a new laptop (which I won't do just to have origin lol)
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    FYI, Louise, I DID just test the scrabble tactic on my android, and it DOES work! (Annette does Happy-Dance.)

I added a post to an existing thread and mentioned your name. Hope that's okay. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    FYI, Louise, I DID just test the scrabble tactic on my android, and it DOES work! (Annette does Happy-Dance.)

I added a post to an existing thread and mentioned your name. Hope that's okay. :)

Hi neighbour, glad it's confirmed :) don't mind in the slightest, I think it could make life easier for everyone. (Until they remove that too)

Shout it from the roof tops, I would start a thread but they might come after me with pitchforks :twisted:
  • danexley85678
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    Quick update.....

This! Somebody else reconmended it a while ago in another thread. Ive downloaded the scrabble app for Android and its a very good way to sort your Origin friends.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2014
    Scrabble app, which I already had, worked. Deleted a couple of dormant friends, than added a new person who was on my list. Perfect. :thumbup: :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!