EA Forums - Banner

Android tablet

Prev1
It was out for Android quite some time ago.

Replies

• shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    :shock: I hate to reply and keep this thread alive but.... :shock:
  • ke2nedy
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It was out for the Android phones, but not the tablets.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited January 2014
    ke2nedy wrote:

So what I'm using now?
    What's a.different between android phone's and tablet- software wise?

Edit. Sorry I had to add this GIF ;)
    ****-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif
  • SalvatoreLoz86
    107 posts
    edited January 2014
    Me, my fianc?e, my mother and my father are all playing the game on an android platform tablets, and i have been since early last year
  • ke2nedy
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Beats me. All I know is the EA page says it isn't available yet for android tablets.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I lol'd
  • iantil
    9 posts
    edited January 2014
    ke2nedy wrote:
    Beats me. All I know is the EA page says it isn't available yet for android tablets.

I assume you've got a Google account? Go to the Play Store and try to download it....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.simpsons4_row

As others have said, there are loads of us who have been playing on Android tabs for ages.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    ke2nedy wrote:

My wife and I originally started playing this game on Droid X2 phones, and liked the game so much that we purchased 2 Galaxy Tablets to play the game. They both run the game well. We do have an Android phone (from Wal Mart/pay as you go) that doesn't have the memory for more than a Facebook app, and will not download The Simpsons game. Is it possible that you tablet doesn't have the memory required to download the game?
  • ke2nedy
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have an ASUS transformer tablet, and they haven't gotten around to including this in the list of acceptable devices yet.
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited January 2014

My wife and I originally started playing this game on Droid X2 phones, and liked the game so much that we purchased 2 Galaxy Tablets to play the game. They both run the game well. We do have an Android phone (from Wal Mart/pay as you go) that doesn't have the memory for more than a Facebook app, and will not download The Simpsons game. Is it possible that you tablet doesn't have the memory required to download the game?

That is some dedication to the game!! :)
  • sharonscho
    15 posts
    edited January 2014
    The game works fine on my hudl. It's running on android 4.2.2
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm on an Asus memo pad for tapped out, this is a tablet and it works perfectly fine for this device.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Nexus 7. Works great.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Playing on my Samsung Note 8.0 since August.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Samsung Galaxy (tab 1 & tab2) works as well as anyone else. (wife wouldn't let me get the tab3 say 1 plus 2 is 3
  • jaspiring385
    132 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm using the Bluestacks emulator on PC, which Google thinks is a Samsung GT-N7000 - which is a Galaxy Note model smartphone. Based on the last few comments, it's almost as if Tapped Out is optimised for Samsung devices, lol.
  • nickjuly4
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    It could be that your particular Android device is not within the list of devices that Google Play will allow the app to be installed because of the way EA has the app set up on the developer portal. Unfortunately, Google allows developers to pointlessly blacklist or whitelist by various criteria (apps can even blacklist or whitelist based on your carrier!) when it comes to which apps Google Play will allow to be installed on your device even though they may work perfectly fine. For example, my friend recently purchased a cheap Nextbook 7 tablet from newegg in November and he noticed that a lot of apps wouldn't show up on Google Play including The Simpsons Tapped Out. I was able to grab the APK file of the game (as well as other apps that Google Play wouldn't allow him to install) from my Nexus 7 tablet and all of the apps (including Tapped Out) worked perfectly fine on his tablet.
  • amethystct
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It works on my Kindle Fire.

When was the page you're referring to last updated? Maybe it's just outdated info.
  • ke2nedy
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm not going to buy another tablet just to play this game.
  • nickjuly4
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    ke2nedy wrote:
    I'm not going to buy another tablet just to play this game.

If Google Play claims that your tablet isn't supported I could PM you the APK file of Tapped Out so you can play it on your tablet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!