EA Forums - Banner

How do I remove friends?

Only way I have found so far is to download origin for PC log on pull up friends list then it works pretty much like iOS did before but better. If it wasn't so much trouble and I didn't have to use wife's laptop I would like it.

Replies

• spitomd
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Lol....thank you darth! That is great news! But it does sound like a pain in the *! I just hope EA goes back to the old way?!

Thanks again buddy!
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Np
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    spitomd wrote:
    Lol....thank you darth! That is great news! But it does sound like a pain in the *! I just hope EA goes back to the old way?!

Thanks again buddy!
    Old way?! Consider yourself lucky that you had that option to begin with - Android users never saw it at all. :cry:

The Origin method isn't that bad, but I do usually spend about 10-15mins after major events going through my friend list on PC with my phone beside me, working out who needs to be culled. Just means you need to multi-task (or make notes beforehand).
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The old iOS method while not as much trouble to start was pretty annoying. You pretty much had to triple tap the person to remove them. Once I got this program installed it is very user friendly and easy. If I had my own computer wouldn't be bad at all I think.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yep, I ran a thread saying I hate this update that now runs like android. I hate it
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky that you had that option to begin with - Android users never saw it at all. :cry:

The Origin method isn't that bad, but I do usually spend about 10-15mins after major events going through my friend list on PC with my phone beside me, working out who needs to be culled

QFT
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    UPDATE:

It is possible to have the same format as before, on iOS and ALSO on android, without the PC thingie!

Louisebradwell, in another, pointed out that she was able to access her old-style list by installing EA Scrabble game (free) onto her iOS device.

I tested it just now on my android, where I never had access to that function before ... And now I DO. My list is of "friends with scrabble" and then "friends without scrabble" ... And all my TSTO friends are listed. :)

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the tip annettemarc :D :thumbup:
  • spitomd
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I installed the origin program, and it's cool but really stupid EA removed that feature! I hope with another update it will come back? But I see how you would have to have your ipad, iPhone or iPod with you.

It's just another thing I don't want on my computer! Thanks for all the posts! Really helped me out. I will be giving my feedback on this new update, and how much it sucks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for this new update..I still love the game but don't care for going to my PC and removing friends......it's stupid!
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You have to use the crosshairs tool.

Then collect ammo and shoot Cletus with the ray gun... Then you can delete your friends during a 6 hour task using Moe and his shotgun.
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That would be awesome.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    The easiest way for me was downloading the EA Scrabble game.. with your origin email and password your friendlist appears Exactly how it did on tapped out before this update

Edit: Im running around quite a bit and on my phone a lot. This works best plus who doesnt like a game of scrabble
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That would be awesome.

Terrific. Please stop encouraging Pull_Up_a_Chair. He tends to go rogue.

And while we're at it ... Who are you, and what have you done with the old darthraven? You know - the one who wrote something about flower petals getting thrown into the air ... ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Still me. I won't kill things irl ( given any other choice ) but you know I don't mind blowing up some pixels.
  • nickjuly4
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    spitomd wrote:

Thanks again buddy!
    Old way?! Consider yourself lucky that you had that option to begin with - Android users never saw it at all. :cry:

The Origin method isn't that bad, but I do usually spend about 10-15mins after major events going through my friend list on PC with my phone beside me, working out who needs to be culled. Just means you need to multi-task (or make notes beforehand).

I find it odd that EA made the Android version of Tapped Out have a crappy Origin interface and recently changed the iOS version to be the same. I recently bought a copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for Android and it also allows Origin login, but it actually has the good Origin interface that the iOS version of Tapped Out had, so I don't know why they just didn't include it within the Android version of Tapped Out or why they changed iOS version to be like the Android version of the Origin interface.

ehns4p.png
  • Donna4612
    366 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Annette and CoffeMars-

THANKS!

That solves the problem for now until EA decides to change the Scrabble menu. Shhhh....don't tell them I said that. :)
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    UPDATE:

It is possible to have the same format as before, on iOS and ALSO on android, without the PC thingie!

Louisebradwell, in another, pointed out that she was able to access her old-style list by installing EA Scrabble game (free) onto her iOS device.

I tested it just now on my android, where I never had access to that function before ... And now I DO. My list is of "friends with scrabble" and then "friends without scrabble" ... And all my TSTO friends are listed. :)

Thank you for this. I am cleaning up my friends list today and adding some forum regulars and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to remove people. And I am waaaaaaayyyyy to lazy to use my ancient PC to change something for my iPad :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.