EA Forums - Banner

EA, please give back control of the landing zone

Prev1
Personally, prefer the LZ in the middle, makes it easier to look around peoples Springfields. Although it is a bit of a pain when it keeps moving early in your game.

Replies

• thito01
    60 posts
    edited January 2014
    By controlling the landing zone, the town owner can point you to specific details, like the open air stage or SP when he need help.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Since we know the landing zone can be change to wherever we want, it would be nice if the brought it back. I don't see why it even needs to be a specific decoration. You should just be able to choose and assign any decoration/building where you want your landing zone to be.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That was one of the coolest features of the Christmas update. There should definitely be an item--present depot or otherwise--that allows us to select the landing zone. If EA really does get around to providing more land, all hell will break loose on here. (I foresee no fewer than 17,000 threads complaining about having to move the LZ)
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Clearly it is not a difficult thing for EA to give us control of the landing zone as we just had control for 6 weeks. I agree they should give us something that enables us this feature. It would help people with farm/studio/open air tapping.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    NO please leave the landing zone int he middle of Springfield like it was before
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    NO please leave the landing zone int he middle of Springfield like it was before

I honestly do not see your objection to this idea. I mean, if you want your landing zone to remain in the "middle of Springfield," and this idea was implemented, then you could just place your LZ decoration in the middle of your Springfield. Your LZ would be in the middle while someone else's could be wherever they wanted it.

This is a situation where how you want to play the game would not be affected
  • mrnerdstrom
    207 posts
    edited January 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    That's the beauty of being able to control the landing zone. You can put it in the middle if you want. I know I spent a lot of time designing my landing zone. Then, along came Squid Port update and later another update that gave us more land and screwed up my landing zone.
  • thito01
    60 posts
    edited January 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    There is no reason that a town would be required to have a specified landing zone. If you don't want one, you don't have to place the item.

But, Why do you care where the landing zone is? All you are normally doing is clicking a few buildings. Maybe the town owner wants you to tap specific buildings. For example, he could put it right in the middle of a small blue buildings farm making your visit easier.

As for special events, like Wacking Day, landing zone control is even more important.
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Since we know the landing zone can be change to wherever we want, it would be nice if the brought it back. I don't see why it even needs to be a specific decoration. You should just be able to choose and assign any decoration/building where you want your landing zone to be.

+1
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited January 2014
    Why not just make the LZ the middle of town unless you have a specific decoration (i.e. the Statue of Jebediah Springfield for example) That statue is small enough that you could move it around everywhere without it taking up too much valuable space.

That being said, I'm well aware that not everyone has that statue, in this case just click on Homer and set him on a task, then tap Homer again and while the task menu is up just tap Homer 10 times and you get the Statue and 10 doughnuts. (I'm not sure if he really HAS to be set to a task for this to work but that's the general idea)

I think the LZ should be a standard item and then in the case of events make something from the event a temporary LZ.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Letting us control our LZ allows us to show our friends a new spot we just designed. I've seen extremely clever uses of, for example, a person's elevator to nowhere.

Also, when we are given a new building, its a really neat way to have an exchange of "what have you done with" solutions, without the bother of tedious process of screencapping, transfer to our photo bucket, etc. Plus, we can see how that was incorporated into new areas.

I've seen some great vignettes that I'm sure the designer would like to draw our attention to. The creative stuff gets lost in a huge expanse of Springfield.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I honestly do not see your objection to this idea. I mean, if you want your landing zone to remain in the "middle of Springfield," and this idea was implemented, then you could just place your LZ decoration in the middle of your Springfield. Your LZ would be in the middle while someone else's could be wherever they wanted it.

if you can just pick a point on the map to set the landing zone and it is not tied to a decoration then i would not object.

if i have to have a decoration set as the landing zone i don't want it.

what if someone wants to have an empty space in the middle of their town as the landing zone?
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Letting us control our LZ allows us to show our friends a new spot we just designed. I've seen extremely clever uses of, for example, a person's elevator to nowhere.

Also, when we are given a new building, its a really neat way to have an exchange of "what have you done with" solutions, without the bother of tedious process of screencapping, transfer to our photo bucket, etc. Plus, we can see how that was incorporated into new areas.

I've seen some great vignettes that I'm sure the designer would like to draw our attention to. The creative stuff gets lost in a huge expanse of Springfield.

Exactly my feeling about this. My newest creation could very well live on the outskirts of my town, but I still want my visiting neighbors to see it. I have to think people visit to tap buildings, so most people are tapping the first buildings they see and aren't zipping all over the place to see if they happen to notice anything new. A controlled landing zone is so logical, especially since we now know it's possible.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:

Exactly my feeling about this. My newest creation could very well live on the outskirts of my town, but I still want my visiting neighbors to see it. I have to think people visit to tap buildings, so most people are tapping the first buildings they see and aren't zipping all over the place to see if they happen to notice anything new. A controlled landing zone is so logical, especially since we now know it's possible.

the only way i want this implemented is if somehow in the building menu there is an option to set landing zone and then you just select the specific square you want as the landing zone. I would not want it tied to an item of our choosing or otherwise.
  • damian_mb0330
    56 posts
    edited January 2014
    I agree to controlling the LZ...I would place it with my soon to be corn, channel 6, and SP. :lol:
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited January 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

if you can just pick a point on the map to set the landing zone and it is not tied to a decoration then i would not object.

if i have to have a decoration set as the landing zone i don't want it.

what if someone wants to have an empty space in the middle of their town as the landing zone?

Well, then that person just has some unpopular priorities..
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    For those that want their LZ in the middle, why not just put your metal tree there? :?:

I vote in favor of controlling my LZ. Trying to rack up more SP tiles... :)
  • skollthewolf
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I also prefer the landing zone to be the center of town. Having a decoration that automatically directs us would royally screw up my town's design. My landing zone lands dead center on my land, on the town square with the Jebediah Springfield statue, and that's the way I like it.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I also prefer the landing zone to be the center of town. Having a decoration that automatically directs us would royally screw up my town's design. My landing zone lands dead center on my land, on the town square with the Jebediah Springfield statue, and that's the way I like it.

So what will you do when EA releases more land? Then when they release more later on? You can only redesign around your town center so many times before you wish they'd give you the option to choose where your landing zone is.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Distracty wrote:
    For those that want their LZ in the middle, why not just put your metal tree there? :?:

I vote in favor of controlling my LZ. Trying to rack up more SP tiles... :)

because the metal tree looks like crap
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.