EA Forums - Banner

The Ice Gawd

It's mind-boggling that so many people really care about this.

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014
    If the Ice Sculpture decoration that was introduced with the Wolfcastle update doesn't melt, then it's pretty silly that the Ice God Statue & Snowmen melt.

I don't like the fact that these can only look good once a month out of the year.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    It's mind-boggling that so many people really care about this.

It's more mind-boggling that the other ice statue doesn't melt. I think they should both melt, or both should be fully standing. Snowmen are fine to melt since they all do. It'd be like Snow Homer standing tall, but snow Grandpa to be melted.
  • MegaIllusiveMan
    154 posts
    edited January 2014
    If the Ice Sculpture decoration that was introduced with the Wolfcastle update doesn't melt, then it's pretty silly that the Ice God Statue & Snowmen melt.

I don't like the fact that these can only look good once a month out of the year.

I bet that if those statues were released in Christmas, they would be long gone by now
  • ZennGlenn
    1725 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Doh:!:
    ...I didn't want to lose the Winter setting so soon & sure wasn't ready for the instant 'winter thaw' ending of holiday season fun... was getting the 'update required' notice & figured it was another automatic short update, not the full system reset of the season; would have been great if a notification came up asking 'if you want to exit the Holiday Season game or continue to with it?'... Missed out on the PlowKing'sPlow and Costington's ;-/

It's nice to see the green, but I hope it might return to complete the real season via more weather updates / snowstorms; Winter setting was really cool (literally). Seasons should fully mirror the real ones by date in my book, and there's no doubt this can be creatively implemented as a theme option for any player according to their global locale, along with appropriate aesthetic seasonal transitions... also, would be nice to have sounds for a couple other characters like Millhouse (his silly uncomfortable groans would be swell)...
    -ZennGlenn (level25) 8)

(copying to a few threads in hopes EA will act)
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014

+1, this should be a poll option
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    Doh:!:
    ...I didn't want to lose the Winter setting so soon & sure wasn't ready for the instant 'winter thaw' ending of holiday season fun... was getting the 'update required' notice & figured it was another automatic short update, not the full system reset of the season; would have been great if a notification came up asking 'if you want to exit the Holiday Season game or continue to with it?'... Missed out on the PlowKing'sPlow and Costington's ;-/

It's nice to see the green, but I hope it might return to complete the real season via more weather updates / snowstorms; Winter setting was really cool (literally). Seasons should fully mirror the real ones by date in my book, and there's no doubt this can be creatively implemented as a theme option for any player according to their global locale, along with appropriate aesthetic seasonal transitions... also, would be nice to have sounds for a couple other characters like Millhouse (his silly uncomfortable groans would be swell)...
    -ZennGlenn (level25) 8)

(copying to a few threads in hopes EA will act)

You forgot to add : turning on day and night.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014

Presumably Wolfcastle has the dough to keep replacing them as they melt.

Prior to the Christmas update I saw partially melted ice sculptures in some of my neighbors' towns, so I assumed from the beginning that once the snow disappeared melting would be a factor.

I just plopped my ice god puddle in front of the snow plow. Some others have it in front of their ice skating rink. I think there are ways to keep it out that make sense and don't look weird.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!