EA Forums - Banner

Disappointed with the Blue-Haired Lawyer and his tasks!!! Am I the only one?

I haven't picked him up but I read a lot of negative opinions throughout the forum. I think I'll save my donuts until Valentine's update. Especially since he's not limited time.

Replies

• ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited January 2014
    LOL, he is a boring lawyer. I'm not upset as I had low expectations. It's not like he is an interesting character in the show.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6357 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree. Should've been more like this...

1hr - Have a meeting at Luvham & Burnham: Family Law (requires the Luvham & Burnham Law Office building)
    2hrs - Dine at El Chemestri
    4hrs - Attend Court Hearing *permanent*
    6hrs- Attend the Springfield Republican Party
    8hrs - Look unimpressed
    12hrs - Have a meeting at Burns Manor
    24hrs - Deliver lawsuits to local businesses
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited January 2014
    ebenbane wrote:
    LOL, he is a boring lawyer. I'm not upset as I had low expectations. It's not like he is an interesting character in the show.

This^

Not sure why the OP was expecting a donut character to change his life.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Agreed. And it shouldn't take much for EA to fix this. Just give him different places to go, and name the tasks something different.
  • gamegirl4321
    61 posts
    edited January 2014
    Really EA… I am a little disappointed on this one. I purchase Blue-Haired Lawyer with doughnuts and these are the tasks he has:

Shop at Kwik E Mart 1hr
    Dine at the Truffle 2hr
    Visit Jake’s Unisex Hair Place 4hr
    Look Unimpressed 8hr
    Attend Church 12hr
    Deliver Lawsuits to Local Businesses 24hr

Do we really need another person that shops at the Kwik E Mart for an hour, Dine at the Truffle, Visits Jake’s or Attends Church? There are so many other buildings that have almost no tasks with them. You are in the top 10 in grossing apps and you can’t come up with a better task list than this? To say I am disappointed is hugely understated. I kind of feel ripped off. You guys need to think their tasks through a bit more instead of just giving people the same ones over and over again. Shouldn't he have one at the courthouse, police station, wasn't he a lawyer for the mob, I mean come on, there had to be better options than the ones we were given! Poor form EA… poor form!

I agree 100%. :thumbup:
    We've got too many characters doing tasks at the Kwik E Mart, Jake's Hair, and the church. Why on earth would they give a new character these same boring tasks? It feels like no thought was put into this task list.

At least he's voiced. Silent characters feel incomplete to me.

Does he get a storyline? Nothing's triggered in my town yet.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited January 2014

I agree 100%. :thumbup:
    We've got too many characters doing tasks at the Kwik E Mart, Jake's Hair, and the church. Why on earth would they give a new character these same boring tasks? It feels like no thought was put into this task list.

At least he's voiced. Silent characters feel incomplete to me.

Does he get a storyline? Nothing's triggered in my town yet.

At least he's voiced and he has three visual tasks. (one being a joint task with Mr.Burns) Although some of his tasks are a little boring. Here's the walkthrough for him. Homer and Lisa are needed to start it. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9919133.page
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited January 2014
    ebenbane wrote:

This^

Not sure why the OP was expecting a donut character to change his life.

I never said I was expecting him to change my life.... no where in my message did I even imply that. I am just frustrated, especially for a paid doughnut character, that the bulk of his tasks are repeats that so many other characters have. We did not need another person that had the same repeats, especially when you have to use doughnuts to get them. It shows a real lack of creativity on EA's part to just keep reusing the same task on people over and over again. Deadshot_DCU had some great suggestions on how it could have been with maybe 10 min of thought.... the one hour task would have required another new building, but it could have been something like serve court documents or look for clients... something that had him walking around the town. I feel that doughnut characters should have more to them than just the same old tasks that everyone else has. Make them go to the buildings that have no tasks with them. Give us more than just the same old redundant tasks. We paid for them so we should get more out of them. I will stop venting now. Lol

• buckeyefan36
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    Maybe he'll have better tasks once you get the courthouse. I mean, what good is a lawyer without a courthouse? ?
  • jippy6048
    540 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree, I am rather disappointed in the lawyer as well. I bought him right when I saw him. I love that he is voiced, but I am over the same old tasks. Lesson learned for me, will wait and come to forum and read reviews before buying another character. :oops:

I would love an update where ALL the characters got brand new tasks for the year.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    We have tons of unused buildings which could be used.

Museums

Everything on Squidport except for The Frying Dutchman

Sprawl Mart

El Chemistri

O' Flannigan's

Pimento Grove

Pheaneus Q Butterfat's

House of Evil

Everything in Krustyland

And there's more...

I'd love to see these dinosaurs revamped

• general003969
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    No one likes the 16 hr task with Mr Burns of Blue Haired Lawyer Dino Ride?
  • Frisland
    7 posts
    edited January 2014
    I just want some skating rink tasks:
    Apu - Wiggum coaching
    Lisa-Bart-Milhouse (all kids) skating.
  • krae_man965
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    Disappointed? That's slander sir and we've got it all on tape!
  • stooby2
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    I would say the blue haired lawyer has done exactly what he was designed to do by EA - get people to spend even more money on the game with the minimum of effort.
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited January 2014
    He's voiced.... That's all that matters
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited January 2014
    ryandelpo wrote:
    He's voiced.... That's all that matters

In my opinion, characters tasks/storyline counts much more than the fact the character is voiced or not. That's why I'd rather buy Luann instead of him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.