EA Forums - Banner

Not sure what the point of speeding up level 38 is

People always like to be first. Then they can talk and show off about it here lol.

Replies

• jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited January 2014
    Instant gratification.

Edit: Also, when do we get Level 39! Come on EA!
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    All that happens is you sit and wait for another update. Just don't get it. Lol

I guess I am one of the few who don't mind waiting for a new level. It will come when it is ready. I just play along.
    I really want to read and play the quest, so I speeded up and used donuts :), I've got them, so why don't use them? Still got enough for a few more updates.
    And I can't wait for cool buildings to finish, lol :).
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It's the same reasoning people use to build football fields that are eighty times larger than a coliseum....boredom.
  • jyoung1903
    103 posts
    edited January 2014
    I don't speed up tasks all that often, but personally I find the quest to be pretty lame and boring. I'd just prefer to get the new items and add them to my town.

If the quests had some actual voice dialog and they created more of a scene around Springfield...I'm sure more people would take their time and enjoy it. But with the box dialog and so many indoor tasks during quests...I don't see why anyone wouldn't at least want to speed them up to get the buildings.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

Me either. I'm at level 38, but I'm not nearly done with all the quests leading up to it.
    Still working my way through the Patty/Selma quests. Just bought the DMV. Which means I won't enjoy the content of level 38 for some time yet... But that's the way I want to play. I want to enjoy the ride, not arrive at the end with nothing to do but wait for the next update. I think that's how you get bored with the game and start threads on the forum whining about when the next level update is gonna come. :wink:
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yeah i will not be rushing one thing, as i think there wont be an update for 2 weeks so it would be boring.

Im actually thinking of sticking my characters back into krustyland to collect even more tickets, maybe try and hit the million mark :)
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

I'm going out on a limb here... You like to say: "LOL" and troll the forum.
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm happy some people speed up cos then we get the walkthrough which makes it so much easier not stressing about who to keep free. All those not needed I can put on 24hr tasks. So thank's guys :D
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It's so they can come on here an moan that there is nothing to do.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

I'm going out on a limb here... You like to say: "LOL" and troll the forum.

Yea, I'm 53 & my lol is showing my question isn't meant to be hurtful. Not sure how that is troll material.
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    When my level 38 was installed, I only had to gain another 1,000 or so XP to "level up" or finish level 38.. after finishing character tasks, that was easily completed. Didn't even have to rush. 8)
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    I rushed the few hours left of the court house this morning. Only because I was sitting at the dealership getting my car keys re-programmed to sync with the car. I needed something to keep me entertained. Oh and now I want a mid sized SUV :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!