EA Forums - Banner

Corn Tapping

I understand your bitterness, I've seen it happen myself as well. But you have to understand that people might not be aware of the whole stacking technique and just tap away.

Also, on my old iPhone things can get pretty laggy, and sometimes I tap a building (a brown house of course or Simpsons home) instead of scrolling around the town.

Those friends who added you through the forum might just only do the 'friends add' stuff and not read anything else that's on this forum!

Replies

• tonyray549
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm a noob that started during the Christmas frenzy so I'm still in the learning curve and didn't/don't know about "stacking".
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    Ugh, this is annoying me so much. I have channel 6, tiles and farm up for tapping and everyone just taps the things around it. If you're not going to visit, that's totally fine and I understand, but if you made the effort to visit then why do you tap everything BUT my 3 tapables. All my neighbour are from this forum and most are here quite often so they should know about the stacking..
  • jasondecrae
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    tonyray549 wrote:
    I'm a noob that started during the Christmas frenzy so I'm still in the learning curve and didn't/don't know about "stacking".

@tonyray549:
    You can stack up the 'hands' icon when a friend taps on your Cletus Farm/Channel 6 etc. This way you can finish their 24hr (or whichever hrs) tasks faster with every time a friend taps it.

It is explained in this thread:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9793283.page
  • thito01
    60 posts
    edited January 2014
    The only things in my landing zone is Channel 6 and the farm, yet I see the same thing. During the Christmas event, the only thing in my landing zone was the 'tree', the farm, and in big letters "tap corn". Yet, still most fiends did not tap the corn.
    All my friends are names that were found on this forum, or who found my name on the forum. The "they may not know" excuse is kinda thin.

And, the only reason I still have some holes in my SP area is because of the same ignoring of text and arrows by my friends prior to EA taking away my tile when the Christmas event started. One extra tap a day during the time I had a tile up would have completed my SP area.
  • jasondecrae
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I really don't think the excuse that they don't know is thin. It's not very visible on the forum and the thread that explains it (linked here in my post above) isn't very clear (it's been rewritten a bit I see, but still). Especially the part that the 'receiver' has to visit his town after every tap to get the stacking going on confuses a lot of people ("I tapped 3 times but he only receives 1 hand?? " ) and maybe they don't see the point in going through all this trouble?

And then I also came across someone saying that sometimes people aren't even able to tap said buildings (as in, there is no icon to tap on). If this is actually happening, then you can't blame them either.

I just want to give some sort of counter voice, even though I am a big proponent of the whole staggering strategy (feel free to add me, I always tap on the stagger buildings!).
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    Please note - if multiple friends visit your town and all tap your desired item (SP Tile, Corn, Moonshine, Channel Six, etc.) before you have a chance to log in to your town yourself, you will only see ONE handshake.

Handshakes only stack if YOU visit your own town in-between neighbor taps.

So if you haven't logged in all day and come home to handshakes on all of your brown houses and all around town but only see 1 on your "money maker", it doesn't mean that your neighbors didn't tap, it means you lost taps because of not checking-in throughout the day.

For this reason I obsessively check my town all throughout the day.
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    thito01 wrote:
    The only things in my landing zone is Channel 6 and the farm, yet I see the same thing. During the Christmas event, the only thing in my landing zone was the 'tree', the farm, and in big letters "tap corn". Yet, still most fiends did not tap the corn.
    All my friends are names that were found on this forum, or who found my name on the forum. The "they may not know" excuse is kinda thin.

And, the only reason I still have some holes in my SP area is because of the same ignoring of text and arrows by my friends prior to EA taking away my tile when the Christmas event started. One extra tap a day during the time I had a tile up would have completed my SP area.

People where in a gift card frenzy over Christmas and because tapping crops/SP tiles/etc. didn't yield gift cards, most people only tapped on items that benefited their gift card count.

It's frustrating, but I would like to assume that *most* of my neighbors tap my corn/channel six/etc. and I just missed their taps....but if you see a neighbor habitually visit you and leave their 3 taps everywhere BUT your corn or SP at that point you can decide if it's better to have a neighbor that visits you daily, even if they don't tap the items that benefit you the most or is better to delete them and take on a new neighbor, in hopes that they 1) visit you daily and 2) tap your desired items...

Also - it might be beneficial for some to start a 2nd "feeder" town of their own, whereas you can visit yourself and be sure to tap on those money makers each and everyday!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    I think that sometimes too many handshakes are piled & a few need to be removed. Also, you can't see stacked handshakes in a friends sf.
    If you don't have your items sitting in the landing strip, don't complain. I have a neighbor that removed everything he could so all I could see was his tile. I made a point of tapping & going back throughout the day.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    To those who don't tap my corn, Channel 6, or stage.. do what you want, I don't care. Play the game how you want, not how others tell you to.
  • omgvallx3
    3 posts
    edited January 2014
    I can't make anyone do it. Do I like it when people tap my SP or my news or (growing) corn? Of course. But I can't make them. And honestly, O'd rather them come than not come at all.
    That being said, I make a point to check SP, cletus's farm, and channel 6 when I go in, and then I'll head to KL if there are taps left. If there's still taps, I'll tap whatever.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Are you certain you can stack more than the number of handshakes you're seeing? My SP, Ch6, and Open Air won't allow more than three stacked handshakes, which means I have to clear two of them frequently to allow others to tap them. By tapping around your corn, your neighbors could be telling you they're aware you have it but can't tap it...

...or they could just be jerks. In that case, drop em.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I always scroll over and tap on an open SP - it's easy to find, but I don't have time to hunt down a farm or news station when I'm working through 100 friends. If the farm or station is right near SP, then I'll tap it all day long.
  • JohnnoshArk
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    amandabog1 wrote:
    Please note - if multiple friends visit your town and all tap your desired item (SP Tile, Corn, Moonshine, Channel Six, etc.) before you have a chance to log in to your town yourself, you will only see ONE handshake.

Handshakes only stack if YOU visit your own town in-between neighbor taps.

So if you haven't logged in all day and come home to handshakes on all of your brown houses and all around town but only see 1 on your "money maker", it doesn't mean that your neighbors didn't tap, it means you lost taps because of not checking-in throughout the day.

For this reason I obsessively check my town all throughout the day.

I know about that, and obviously if I only have 2 taps in my town from a person, I assume that is what's happened. I accept I can't constantly check during work hours and thats fine. My reason for the post was for the people that tap the 3 buildings around my corn, or the 3 buildings around the squidport entrance, heck the worst I have is someone who taps the building directly next to squidport, farm and channel 6 EVERY TIME. You have taken the effort to scroll to those parts of the town, don't deliberately tap things around it.

I fully understand that people play the way they want, and I can't force them to play a certain way, but in a game that strives on the community working together to help each other, surely you wouldn't want to irritate your friends, but instead help them so they in turn help you.
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    Are you certain you can stack more than the number of handshakes you're seeing? My SP, Ch6, and Open Air won't allow more than three stacked handshakes, which means I have to clear two of them frequently to allow others to tap them. By tapping around your corn, your neighbors could be telling you they're aware you have it but can't tap it...

It's been explained again and again. The way it works is that each time you log in, your tappables can accumulate 1 potential extra handshake. Most of us immediately tap a handshake when we log in so we are stuck in a cycle and it appears we are 'stuck' on 2 or 3 tiles.

But if you visit your town and don't tap your handshake or if no neighbor visited you so there isn't an extra handshake to tap, the potential number of handshakes your tappables can hold accumulates.

In other words, log in and log out of the game for no reason in order to get more handshakes later if you are stuck at a set number of handshakes. For example, logging in and out 3 times for no reason when you are stuck at 3 handshakes means next time you can see as much as 6 handshakes assuming your neighbors visit.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I always look for desierable tapables.

When it comes to my town, I'm pretty indifferent to what is tapped, but my friends seem to tap decently.
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited January 2014
    Does the Christmas "tree" still create a new landing spot wherever you place it?
  • mr_monch
    22 posts
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:

It's been explained again and again. The way it works is that each time you log in, your tappables can accumulate 1 potential extra handshake. Most of us immediately tap a handshake when we log in so we are stuck in a cycle and it appears we are 'stuck' on 2 or 3 tiles.

But if you visit your town and don't tap your handshake or if no neighbor visited you so there isn't an extra handshake to tap, the potential number of handshakes your tappables can hold accumulates.

In other words, log in and log out of the game for no reason in order to get more handshakes later if you are stuck at a set number of handshakes. For example, logging in and out 3 times for no reason when you are stuck at 3 handshakes means next time you can see as much as 6 handshakes assuming your neighbors visit.

For that, do you have to log out of your origin account, or will closing the app count to increase the stacking cap? Also, does this cap reset each time you start on a task for that building, or does it carry over from task to task? I tried to search the forum for this info, but I might have missed it.
    Does the Christmas "tree" still create a new landing spot wherever you place it?

After the big thaw-out, the landing zone reverted to its default and the tree no longer changes it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jeffohmss
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to my friends for the corn taps!
  • tonyray549
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    If I find it, I tap it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!