EA Forums - Banner

squidport tiles

strmanglr wrote:
How many tiles can be had?

In theory, the maximum is 154 (3 freebies when SP is first set up, the you can build another 151). However, if you leave a tile built and your neighbours tap it, you get one tile for every tap and it doesn't stop when you reach 154.

If, like me, you accidentally collect that tile yourself, when you have gone over the 154, you cannot build another and carry on collecting.

See the many threads on the board talking about the "Squidport tile glitch".

I have to say, for once I agree with Josh that this one is probably a glitch and not an Easter Egg. Given that there is a maximum, an Easter Egg would surely force you to stop collecting tiles when you reached the maximum allowed rather than carry on ad infinitum ... thus penalising those players who sped up tiles and reached the maximum before the Easter Egg was introduced.

I imagine the reason it hasn't ever been fixed is that it is lower down the list of priorities and players seem quite happy with it.

I would rather like EA to consider removing, or increasing the maximum limit on tiles though.

Replies

• davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    150 the right way, possibly more if you "glitched" your way to more. I am at 150 with three handshakes the day xmas update came out so I got screwed.

IMO tiles should be unlimited, but it is what EA says it is
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The cuurent build max is set at about 150, I believe. However, tiles are "stackables" and can continue collecting neighbor's taps so long as you have one up. By leaving one up, you can collect more than 150; I don't think there's a limit on what you can store.
  • strmanglr
    43 posts
    edited January 2014
    Cool, thanks.
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Dang nabbit! I accidentally bumped my bottom handshake, like, 15 min ago!

Xpx74CLb.jpg
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I was about to post a topic with the same question.

The max used to be 154/151. Recently, spAnser posted somewhere that it was reduced to 121.

Can anyone verify that they have been able to start a tile after 120 recently?
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Distracty wrote:
    Dang nabbit! I accidentally bumped my bottom handshake, like, 15 min ago!

Xpx74CLb.jpg
    I hit BOTH my Channel Six and Farm when they were only on one handshake today.
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    im at a 128 and can still build, I don't know about others
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • jesslynco
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't think that there's a max if you use the "tile glitch" method. I had 240+ before I tapped the last handshake. ( of course most of those are in storage but oh well) I've had over 180 in storage at a time but it's extremely hard to arrange them. Game crashed after placing or deleting more than 4/5 at a time.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited January 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    I was about to post a topic with the same question.

The max used to be 154/151. Recently, spAnser posted somewhere that it was reduced to 121.

Can anyone verify that they have been able to start a tile after 120 recently?

I may be wrong, but I believe Spanser posted that the build time of 3.5 days was eliminated from the files. And that long of a build time started after 121 tiles originally, and lasted up until the final 154 tile was collected. However, I don't know if it was Spanser or someone else that assumed that because that length of build time was eliminated it meant that the maximum number of tiles would have been reduced as well. I believe he stated this, and that there was nothing in the files regarding the maximum number of tiles being changed. Again, I may be wrong, but I believe that is what I read.

Personally, I went over the maximum number just before Christmas started and accidentally tapped my last handshake. I believe I ended up with 204 tiles, which is less than I was hoping for, but more than many people were able to collect. I truly feel bad for the people that went all the way to 154 before this became intact, and were never able to exceed that total. In a sense, they were/are the most loyal gamers that spend the most donuts, but were penalized because of it as someone else mentioned. Same with the poster above that lost out at the Xmas update because it put him right over 154. Several people lost their last handshake as a result of that update and that placed them over the maximum number of tiles. I thought the same thing would happen with my New Year's corn and the end of Xmas, but I have been fortunate and been able to continue building up the handshakes on my farm and my corn. I am still being careful and checking my neighbors for their tiles and corn and such, but I have only noticed a few towns with tiles still. One of them is one of my girlfriend's town's, and it is her feeder town, which is why she still has a tile there.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!