EA Forums - Banner

Best places to tap

1) tap any stackables that they might have: squidport tiles, channel 6 building, Cletus' farm or the open air stage
2) tap the buildings that take the longest to generate money

Just follow those and you'll be a great neighbour and welcome to the forums :D

Replies

• stefoorigin
    72 posts
    edited January 2014
    Anurchy wrote:
    1) tap any stackables that they might have: squidport tiles, channel 6 building, Cletus' farm or the open air stage
    2) tap the buildings that take the longest to generate money

Just follow those and you'll be a great neighbour and welcome to the forums :D

What he said :)

I just want to add: being a good neighbor is a two part job: the first is where you tap your friend's tappables, the second is where you put your's in a position that is easy to find (there is no currently way to move the landing zone, so it's the center of your map).
    Good positioning of your tappables allows your friends to fast visit your town, don't forget that you are one in 100..usually, good spots are in the landing zone which now is exactly in the middle of your unlocked zones, or near the squidport.

Feel free to add me if your friendlist isn't full, i'm slowly cleaning mine from inactives and non-tappers and a neighbor that knows how to be a good one is always welcome :)
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you both :D

I'll add you soon as well :)

Just a follow up question. This is probably obvious but what does tapping on someone's house or building actually do? Do they give extra money or what? Forgive my ignorance.
  • rashadmacki
    40 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thank you both :D

I'll add you soon as well :)

Just a follow up question. This is probably obvious but what does tapping on someone's house or building actually do? Do they give extra money or what? Forgive my ignorance.
    They reset the clock on them.
    So if u tap a blue house for example, when ur neighbor gets in he gets the same amount of money but the building's time left to regenerate would be 8 hours from when u tapped it. On the other hand if u didnt tap it would take 8 hours from the time he tapped it to regenerate.
  • stefoorigin
    72 posts
    edited January 2014
    This is probably obvious but what does tapping on someone's house or building actually do? Do they give extra money or what? Forgive my ignorance.

I haven't figured that part out yetXD

I'm sure that tapping on low cool-down things does nothing for your neighbor because when he collects the handshake the cd restarts. I'm not sure of how exactly tapping on long cd things works though, i've noticed that sometimes my neighbors tap houses with very long cd and when i collect the handshake the cd doesn't restart from the beginning.

But basically, the profit for your friends will be much better if you tap farm, tile, ch6 or stage if they have it (e.g. atm i have only farm and tile)
  • Anurchy
    146 posts
    edited January 2014
    To help you out ^

It's better to tap the buildings with the longer timers, so for eg the prison has 24 hour timer for a pay out; if you collect the payout at midnight, the prison pays out again the next midnight but if say, you skip the night and tap the prison in the morning, the prison counter starts from when you tap it in the morning and you lose those hours. But if a friend taps it at 1am and you collect the pay out in the morning, the next pay out will be at 1am the next day so you don't lose those hours

If that's clear enough haha ^
  • dkg1083
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't really like for my friends to tap on things with long timers! Lol.

My Burns mansions, Krabapple apartment, and Arnie broadcast are all set to go off at the same time.
    Same as my knowledgeum, Buddhist temple and super collider.

I won't tap I friends longer timers cos I personally dislike it myself.

I'll got people's squid ports, but I won't go looking of farms, unless they're next to squid port, or in the landing zone, I'm not going search for them....
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Ahh thanks everyone for your help! I understand it better now :D

Now I can be a good neighbour haha
  • rabbidmunky6
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am soooo confused. What the heck are tappables, stackables, and how/why are squidport, ch6, and the farm one of these things? If a friend taps my squidport, do i get multiple tiles when i tap it or something? I havent noticed this and since a friend cannot start the next tile, plant the next crop etc.. I dont see why these locations are better to tap in neighbor's towns?
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I am soooo confused. What the heck are tappables, stackables, and how/why are squidport, ch6, and the farm one of these things? If a friend taps my squidport, do i get multiple tiles when i tap it or something? I havent noticed this and since a friend cannot start the next tile, plant the next crop etc.. I dont see why these locations are better to tap in neighbor's towns?

Here is some information on the subject: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9793283.page. Hope this helps.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    dkg1083 wrote:
    I don't really like for my friends to tap on things with long timers! Lol.

My Burns mansions, Krabapple apartment, and Arnie broadcast are all set to go off at the same time.
    Same as my knowledgeum, Buddhist temple and super collider.
    I'm the same way, so if I tap long-timer things, I always look for other buildings with the same-length timer. That way they'll stay on the same schedule.
  • trotmane1
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have a very OCD way of helping my neighbors out. Treat people as you want to be treated, right? :lol:

From first priority to last:

holiday buildings (if applicable) / tiles / crops / news station
    premium buildings
    long timer non-premiums
    house farms
    graffiti
    short timer non-premiums
    Kwik E-Mart / Simpsons house etc

I only have one level 14 neighbor that warrants me going down the whole list at least once a week. Everyone else gets checked off within the first three categories, in that order.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    on the toilet
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!