EA Forums - Banner

Bug Issues Since Update

Prev1
What's wrong with it?

Replies

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You should mention what the problem is. However Bravewall does a reference about 1/14/14 update collecting data
    The sticky is in this forum
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9915566.page
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    There is a 24 page thread about this in the bug forum.

Since the update one week ago many, many, many people's towns are lost. Complete silence from EA about the cause, what they are doing to fix it and when it might be fixed.

The last word from EA was 5 days ago.

• jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    Oh, and in case you think this is an isolated problem affecting only a few people, here is the 236 page thread on EA's website.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Updated-today-I-lost-my-Springfield/td-p/2163225

Other than telling people to delete and reinstall their app, EA offers no advice on what to do to recover lost accounts.

The last update EA issued on this problem was five days ago, and it was this ridiculous statement:

"We've heard that some users have been fixed. Anyone who has been affected should try to log back into their games and see if they are still experiencing issues. "

That's it. No other advice or explanation.

Wow, EA, you are really on top of this.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    You guys act like this is a new bug. This has been happening since the beginning.
  • ewaldklement
    73 posts
    edited January 2014
    It started since the update that removed the christmas items, and EA is not helping, a lot of people made a ticket, EA replied to a lot of us that it takes 5 days and then they respond again, well we didn't hear anything.
    For the people here that think we are complaining too much about this: you're wrong! EA should fix this, we put money in the milk machine called EA so we can expect from them to get a good playable game. For the people that don't have troubles yet: just wait, you're time will come.

For the rest of ya folks: have a nice day :lol:

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    A lot of the problems that we're caused by the update have been fixed. If you are still experiencing problems I would say write a ticket to their help section.

http://help.ea.com/en/
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    There are 236 pages of complaints. And no, a lot of the problems have not been fixed. It is bad enough that the game constantly, constantly crashes, this latest mess is just ridiculous.

And yes, i have submitted a ticket.
  • ewaldklement
    73 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    A lot of the problems that we're caused by the update have been fixed. If you are still experiencing problems I would say write a ticket to their help section.

http://help.ea.com/en/

We wrote a ticket, and they responded, and said they respond again in 5 days, but they don't :lol:
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    Dont worry, they have heard that a lot of players problems have magically fixed themselves. All you have to do is log out and log back in and you will have your town back! Bravewell says so! 236 pages of people complaining but there is no problem.

The game platform is a joke, constantly crashes and people losing their accounts. EA, really, your customer service sucks.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    We can only give out advice here and show you what sites to go to.
    This forum cannot help you any further. Its upto you and EA through their site to try and get a fix for you.

Ive lost my town for a while too and know how it feels.

Im gonna move this thread over to Bugs and issues.
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    This is not about bugs and issues, it is about lousy customer service by EA so you shouldnt move it.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    jvtv83 wrote:
    Dont worry, they have heard that a lot of players problems have magically fixed themselves. All you have to do is log out and log back in and you will have your town back! Bravewell says so! 236 pages of people complaining but there is no problem.
    I'm just trying to help. I directed a lot of people towards the appropriate help threads, and many of them as it turns out were able to get their towns back with a donut compensation. If your still having problems, then I'm sorry. I'm not trying to deny that there are significant problems. The help and answer HQ links are the last resort that I am aware of. There is not much I can tell you, that you don't already know.

My advice would be to keep reminding them of your situation. It won't do much good though to repeat this thread in Game discussion.
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    If you are not affiliated with EA as you and the other moderator imply, then why do you delete any negative threads that give an honest appraisal of the lousy game platform that EA has created and the lousy customer service that EA provides?

Why not let people know just how lousy this game is what a joke customer service is from EA?

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    jvtv83 wrote:
    If you are not affiliated with EA as you and the other moderator imply, then why do you delete any negative threads that give an honest appraisal of the lousy game platform that EA has created and the lousy customer service that EA provides?

Why not let people know just how lousy this game is what a joke customer service is from EA?
    Because for one, you've made multiple threads about this, and that is spamming. And secondly if people really want to know how terrible EA is, this the section to find out.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    jvtv83 wrote:

To use this forum you have to abide by EA's terms of service, we are community volunteers who help and aide other members and make sure these rules are followed.
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    If this is an official EA site, why does EA have "volunteers" like you issue updates and statements about EA's problems? Where is EA's official statement about the cause of these problems and what they are doing to fix them? 250 pages of people complaining of losing their accounts and not one hword from EA.

Oh wait, EA is saying nothing because they have no idea why this has been happening since the game was launched and they have no idea how to fix the constant crashing and the constant disappearance of people's accounts.

Oh, and the funniest part? In a 250 page thread of people complaining about losing their accounts, EA notes next to the thread that the problem is "solved". What a hoot.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    jvtv83 wrote:
    If this is an official EA site, why does EA have "volunteers" like you issue updates and statements about EA's problems? Where is EA's official statement about the cause of these problems and what they are doing to fix them? 250 pages of people complaining of losing their accounts and not one hword from EA.

Oh wait, EA is saying nothing because they have no idea why this has been happening since the game was launched and they have no idea how to fix the constant crashing and the constant disappearance of people's accounts.

Oh, and the funniest part? In a 250 page thread of people complaining about losing their accounts, EA notes next to the thread that the problem is "solved". What a hoot.
    That 220 something page thread was started in march of last year. That is not how many people have reported problems since the update. Many of those problems have since been resolved. I doubt you will see any of them saying that the problem is fixed though, as once problems are fixed, people generally don't mention anything else about it.

The problems do happen though, and not every problem ends up fixed. It is a constantly updating and evolving game played on multiple devices, so bugs and issues will continue to happen.

As a volunteer, I'm only trying to keep this forum from turning into a disaster, because I'm here often. I've tried to help you out so that you can get the answers from EA that I don't have. I don't issue any updates. I can't help if they are slow to responding to you. I don't know the official reason for the problem. If I knew their official reason I would tell you.
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    That 220 something page thread was started in march of last year. That is not how many people have reported problems since the update. Many of those problems have since been resolved. I doubt you will see any of them saying that the problem is fixed though, as once problems are fixed, people generally don't mention anything else about it.

Why do you post such misinformation? The now 257 page thread of people losing their accounts was started the day of the update, January 14, 2014, not in March of last year. I guess reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I still love how EA states that the issue is "solved" next to that thread. If it is "solved" EA why do so many people still not have their accounts back? And why no statement about what went wrong or heaven forbid an apology from EA?

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    jvtv83 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

Why do you post such misinformation? The now 257 page thread of people losing their accounts was started the day of the update, January 14, 2014, not in March of last year. I guess reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I still love how EA states that the issue is "solved" next to that thread. If it is "solved" EA why do so many people still not have their accounts back? And why no statement about what went wrong or heaven forbid an apology from EA?
    What thread are you even looking at? I don't see an active thread here that says 257 pages, or a thread title that says its been solved. I'm not trying to misinform you. I just don't know what you are talking about, because that thread is not here. Feel free to post a link to whatever large thread you are referring to, but as far as I'm concerned that is now your problem with EA, that has nothing to do with me.

I'm kind of tired of these accusations against me personally. Clearly you have a beef with EA, and you've been taking it out on me, when all I've been trying to do is listen and help. But I've run out of sympathy, and I'm not paid to take this unprovoked deprecation of my character. So good luck with you dealings with EA, leave me out of it, and don't spam the forum please.
  • jvtv83
    30 posts
    edited January 2014
    I posted the link earlier in this thread. It is the same link that your own site directs people to in a sticky thread at the top of this bug section dealing with this lost land and lost accounts issue. It is a link to an EA sute where they laughingly claim they will help people but never do. I PMd an administrator there about this issue but he cant be bothered to respond. What a surprise.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.