EA Forums - Banner

When real life happens

Prev1
The vast majority of players don't care if you visit outside of events that benefit them. I didn't care even if they visited during Christmas since I got nothing from the visit. I still left most of my buildings untapped so they had something when they did come. But unless it's structured similarly to Halloween where I can collect event currency from it I could care less if they visit. I know I'm not alone on this either. The forum users likely represent the most dedicated players for the game and over half of them don't care either.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    i might be wrong but i think it has always been this way with the friends list on android.
    i think they are trying to make it the same over all devices but i wish they went the other way because it was better before. i will say that the game seems to load much faster and i get no crashes at all anymore unless i try to go to krustyland. the only way i can go to krustyland is to go directly there as soon as my springfield loads.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am with the OP. Recently quite a lot is going on in my IRL, so I don't have the time to visit my neighbours as often as I did, or would like to. I'm sorry about that.
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Real life gets in the way I get that and I don't have a problem with friends not visiting my towns, the only friends I have deleted in the game are the one's that haven't leveled up in months so I am assuming that they no longer play.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    All my neighbours are forum Regs so I know they're still around and they will most likely say if they're going for awile.

As for IRL friends if I hadn't heard from them in a year.....you would question how well of a friendship you had :lol:
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I feel like a bad neighbour atm also, my baby isn't sleeping very well lately, so what little spare time I do get isn't spent visiting neighbours towns... If I'm lucky I can visit my town and put my characters on task. Sorry neighbours, I've always tried to be a good neighbour but I'm too busy being a mum right now - which is far more important!

I'm sure most people understand though.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    What is this "real life" concept you speak of? :-)

There is no life as we know it outside of the game :mrgreen:
  • k8rk8rk8r
    131 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm with you KP. For now, I am too busy to check in more than once or twice every 24 hours. The new semester is kicking my ****, the kids are super busy with extracurricular, and any free time I find is being spent on keeping the house in line.

It will get better, I will be able to play (to excess) again someday soon, but I suspect my friends list will be mighty slim by then.

At least we'll each still have at least one friend. :lol:
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I think anyone getting über bent about their friends actions in this game may need to take a breather. I get the frustration in not having lots of people tap your SP or farm, but a little perspective goes a long way.

Just my $.02.

P.S. Please, for the love of everything good and holy, tap my SP tile, people!
  • Surfcitygal
    1268 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The holiday events are so intense that I assume others are like me - winding down until the next one. I only delete neighbors who by the look of their game haven't played in a long time, and even then I wonder if they're one of those who've been glitched out from playing. Last summer I couldn't log in on wifi at all for a month (really strange!), so since I was paying for cell data I logged in less often.
  • wickedlittle
    89 posts
    edited January 2014
    I only delete friends who clearly stopped playing and updating or people whose towns continuously crash my game.

I don't understand the rationale of people expecting strangers to be devoted daily to them. But hey, there are always new friends available if you get dumped.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    What is this "real life" concept you speak of? :-)

There is no life as we know it outside of the game :mrgreen:

Sometimes, I might agree!

During events, I visit every day, in 'off season' I make an effort to visit a few times a week and tap decent things.
  • AngusWLee
    88 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am an hourly player (except bedtime of course) and visit my neighbors daily; yet I'm unfriended by some during the Christmas event.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited January 2014
    kungpao214 wrote:

Hey, neighbour, no worries!

I've been pretty bad at visiting myself, but I don't really keep track of which friends visit me and not. Besides, I would never delete an active forum member :wink:

If any of my neighbours want 100 super-active friends to keep up with visiting each other every day, then they should feel free to delete me, no hard feelings. I try to do my best, but even I have a real life (sometimes...)
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014
    It's funny you posted this considering I fully expect to have lost friends every time I check Origin. During events I try to visit every day and outside of events every couple of days. The problem has been that this is the second event in a row that I have gotten sick near the end. I pushed through the end of the event and tried to take care of my friends, but now that the event is over I really just need a break. Hopefully once I start feeling better again, I'll be back to visiting at least every other day if not every day. If I have people on my friends list that can't understand that some times other things get in the way; then, there's nothing I can do about that. I'm not criticizing the people who post threads about real life getting in the way of visiting, I just don't want to open up my personal life to a bunch of strangers and really don't feel I should have to explain myself.

As for the OP, you're a great neighbor. Stop by when you can and I'll do the same. :) Here's a thought, if we all end up being deleted for having real life get in the way maybe we could all add each other.
  • dfd3032
    45 posts
    edited January 2014
    KP as one of your neighbors I have not deleted you. I have cleaned out some neighbors only bc I could see that they haven't been on since at the latest Halloween or bc they have never visited. I know you were always a frequent visitor so I figured you were busy.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited January 2014
    Glad some of my neighbors saw this! :D It's funny, I always knew that the holidays were busy but until this game came along I never realized how much time the holidays REALLY took up! For me, I use the game to unwind so being busy with RL stuff showed me just how little time I get to myself these days lol. Hopefully the most of it is behind me. The last big push on my RL busy list was a triple birthday yesterday. My mom, my wife, and my son all share the same birthday :shock: :mrgreen:

Hope to get to visiting and fixing my town again soon!

drumnman wrote:
    I think anyone getting über bent about their friends actions in this game may need to take a breather. I get the frustration in not having lots of people tap your SP or farm, but a little perspective goes a long way.

Just my $.02.

P.S. Please, for the love of everything good and holy, tap my SP tile, people!

I don't think anyone here is getting über bent about it. Seems like we're all just having a conversation about how this life-ruiningly fun game can really be life-ruining haha.

And why would anyone NOT want to tap a neighbor's SP tile?!? That's a bunch of XP! :wink:
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    AngusWLee wrote:
    I am an hourly player (except bedtime of course) and visit my neighbors daily; yet I'm unfriended by some during the Christmas event.

maybe you played so much you left nothing for your neighbours to tap on. I delete anyone where it is nigh on impossible to find a tappable building.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I do my thing and neighboreenos can do their thing....it's no big deal! There are those that are regular visitors between events, like me, and those who slack off between events. I find myself doing a lot of redesigning. Whatever floats your boat.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I can tell ya this KP, if you dont visit me for a week, I will not delete you. If you dont visit me for a month (which wouldnt get to that stage cause I would PM you to see if you were ok) I still would not delete you.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    I've still got 98 from the Xmas event. I stopped visiting pretty much when the event ended cos I was a bit wrung out doing my 2 accounts plus my two boys' SF's too, and I had an important project launch IRL on 14th Jan so a couple of weeks either side I wasn't playing much.

I've just started revisiting my good neighbours again. They know who they are, totals about 20. 6 in real life and the rest are regulars here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.