EA Forums - Banner

Sideshow You donuts?

Prev1
st33lcas3 wrote:
I just won five donuts in Sideshow You. I wasn't aware you could win donuts popping balloons, I've seen people post about getting thirty bonus donuts after popping three hundred balloons or something like that, but this was under the balloon itself.

How long has this been a thing?

Since Day 1 I believe. I also got 5 donuts under a balloon. However, I am not sure or completely unaware of getting 30 donuts after 300 balloons.

Replies

• Anurchy
    146 posts
    edited January 2014
    You're supposed to get 5 donuts once you pop 300 balloons in Sideshow You. The odds apparently don't work and you only win after your 300th balloon; it's only 5 donuts, not sure where 30 donuts came in but if I'm wrong, I've been missing a lot of popping!
  • Saffahh
    28 posts
    edited January 2014
    Pretty sure it's always been there but it's extremely rare, honestly I can't remember if I've ever gotten any myself. I do remember the original description mentioning the possibility
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I am pretty sure I hit my 900th a couple days ago as it was the 3rd time I won 5 donuts and the timing is about right each time
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Since day 1 you have always had a chance to win donuts. (like, 1%) But I think that is like the snake eggs holding donuts. You will win 5 donuts every 300th balloon. (I've already won them 3 times) Which makes this better than the snake eggs. Kind of worth it to pop over to KL and pop a couple balloons at least once a day. (I hit the KL bus to sync my game, so when in Rome, do a Roman)
  • st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I guess I misunderstood how you win donuts. I've been popping balloons since KL was introduced and this is the first time I remember getting donuts.

Thanks for clearing it up everyone.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I've got it a few times, like others said it's every 300th balloon
  • bkopp1
    350 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    got my third set of donuts today. Seems like alot of us are on the same schedule. It was a good day today, leveled up 3 donuts, 5 for sideshow u, and 12 on a scratch off.

20 donuts for 99 cents. Might buy a lottery ticket today.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I've got 4 sets, but the last one I got (maybe a fortnight ago at the latest) was "popped" on the 2nd balloon, not the last as normally happens for 300 balloons. It was also only a couple of weeks after a previous win (sometime in the week between Xmas and New Year), so it certainly seemed a different sort of prize to me.

Perhaps the 1% odds are now actually working after one of the recent updates?
  • Oatmeal832
    570 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    This "300th balloon" thing is a crock. I've been popping multiple times daily and have yet to get any damned donuts from "Sideshow You"! :x
  • btgabbard
    57 posts
    edited January 2014
    I was aware of the donuts, however I've never own any.
  • Mess911
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    This "300th balloon" thing is a crock. I've been popping multiple times daily and have yet to get any damned donuts from "Sideshow You"! :x

I'm with you. I've only gotten donuts once and I pop balloons at least once, usually twice a day. I've definitely passed the 300 balloon threshold so I'm a bit skeptical about that theory. Maybe the donuts show up on the board again after 300 balloons popped and I've just been incredibly unlucky.
  • scottfishe274
    266 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    No donuts here either.

Ive been popping balloons daily for months and nada.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited January 2014
    I got my 3rd 5-donut-award 2 weeks ago on my 1st KL but on my 2nd KL I only got my 2nd lot approx 4 weeks ago; which is kinda strange as I always play both towns consecutively every day so they should be due at the exact same time... :shock:
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited January 2014
    Finally got my 5 donuts :)
  • dhami44862
    29 posts
    edited January 2014
    I just hit the donut balloon last night too! :-)
  • Fingerpopping58
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if this is device-specific. I play on my iPod and both my towns gave bonus donuts around the three hundredth balloon mark. I can't be certain but I think I'm way past the 600 mark - something to keep an eye out for though just in case.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    I wonder if this is device-specific. I play on my iPod and both my towns gave bonus donuts around the three hundredth balloon mark. I can't be certain but I think I'm way past the 600 mark - something to keep an eye out for though just in case.

It's written into the game code, and we've known that since KL was released.
  • mblake525
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The every 300th ballon makes sense. I have never gotten any doughnuts from the Sideshow You game. They may be because I rarely can get into KL without the game crashing.
  • jarya93
    331 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I got 5 Donuts today from popping balloons! Brings my total to: 205! :D
    Only 300 more balloons to pop till the next 5!

Edit: 203 Donuts
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've had 5 donuts twice from popping, I don't keep count of my pops but I don't think I'm due for my 3rd win for a while yet. Each time I do I swear I'm going to start keeping count, and I forget after the fourth or fifth go then just give up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.