EA Forums - Banner

Confession of a Tile Multi-Tapper

Prev1
Been there. Done that. Then (a) I realized it was a real time-suck and (b) they introduced the arrows, and I stopped.

I will now run away in shame.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    why?
    you are the one visiting do whats best for you
    i always triple tap the tile
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    ...(b) they introduced the arrows, and I stopped.

Um, that actually makes it easier to go for the triple-tap because it's faster. And I totally shouldn't have told you that... :wink:
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Guilty myself! Thanks for all the taps on my tiles. I'm working on rearranging Squidport. I always check the tiles, etc when I visit friends. :)
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    There's nothing wrong with that. But I don't care for money and xp so I'll try a hunt for all three stackers....if I can see them :lol:
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited January 2014
    ...(b) they introduced the arrows, and I stopped.

Um, that actually makes it easier to go for the triple-tap because it's faster. And I totally shouldn't have told you that... :wink:

That's okay. I'll keep it to myself.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited January 2014
    I did that to my brother's town when he was inactive and happened to leave a tile there. Actually my wife did it with his town too. We knew he wasn't playing the game so why not! :D
  • handsomemyst
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    I always do this too for the XP. I want my 3 free donuts! :D
  • stefoorigin
    72 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have a decent amount of lvl 38 friends that have neither ch6 nor farm ready to be tapped, they probably drown in money..i think that multi-tapping tile is the reason they left their tile there, so it's an insult to them not to do it :lol:

When i see ch6/farm they have priority to tile multi-tapping though, i like to think that other people does the same with mine..

Another cool thing that you can do if you really are into tile multi-tapping, is to spread it during the day. If you tap once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening you'll end up with the same amount of xp/day, but i'll probably be able to collect the handshakes three time instead of just one, which is a nice boost in xp for me too, plus the 3 tiles instead of just one..
  • Nyrtd
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    I try to tap your tiles when I visit you, IALH :mrgreen:
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Not sure why everyone always feels guilty about their actions in their friends SF..... Your playing this game for you, yes if you can and do help other people along the way that's a super thing too...... But you don't have to help at all so you shouldn't feel bad in anyway for doing so.
    If it bugs them bad enough, they'll figure it out and drop you for new neighbors- oh well you can get new ones too
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Nyrtd wrote:
    I try to tap your tiles when I visit you, IALH :mrgreen:

Sadly, I'm maxed out. :( I tapped my last handshake right before the most recent big update, figuring I was probably about to lose it anyway, then when I tried to build a new tile I got the 'maxed out' message. *sigh*

Thanks for the offer, tho. You're certainly welcome to tap my crops, Ch 6 & stage! :D
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have a decent amount of lvl 38 friends that have neither ch6 nor farm ready to be tapped, they probably drown in money..i think that multi-tapping tile is the reason they left their tile there, so it's an insult to them not to do it :lol:

When i see ch6/farm they have priority to tile multi-tapping though, i like to think that other people does the same with mine..

Another cool thing that you can do if you really are into tile multi-tapping, is to spread it during the day. If you tap once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening you'll end up with the same amount of xp/day, but i'll probably be able to collect the handshakes three time instead of just one, which is a nice boost in xp for me too, plus the 3 tiles instead of just one..

That's what I do. Space my taps out in the hope folk collect. One thing I have noticed is that a couple of my tile neighbours I can only tap once each day. Maybe they have the two handshake glitch.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Another cool thing that you can do if you really are into tile multi-tapping, is to spread it during the day. If you tap once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening you'll end up with the same amount of xp/day...

...and much less time for my real life, LOL! :mrgreen:

I have LOTS of neighbors, it takes me close to 45 minutes to visit them all and unless I keep some kind of side list and manually update it every day, I'd have to scroll through them all to hit the 2nd and 3rd tile taps for those that have tiles available.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You can tap me as much as you'd like. I'll even tap you in all the right places.
    Jimj321
  • eldinmeow
    38 posts
    edited January 2014
    Raises hand to confess as well....
    Have @20-30 friends with tiles... Did the multi tap today and got about 30,000 XP... Almost time for 3 more donuts!
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for explaining this. I had no idea it was possible. I'll be joining multi-tappers anonymous, too, now.
  • frogger53
    685 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I visit everybody, whether they are active or not. I don't try to judge. Everyone has their own thing.....I look for floating tiles, Channel 6, Cletus's Farm, or The Stage, if they have it. Not too many do. I just expect the same in return...however, some neighboreenos obviously aren't Forum lurkers or regulars so they aren't up on these glitches. I just take into account. The only way anyone gets dumped is if they are totally inactive ie. taxes aren't being collected or characters are idle for days on end.
  • bettyseek381
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I was just checking this out and saw that some tiles gave 650 points and some just 100-something.

• MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I've done it..

But does anyone actually know if the owner of tnr tile gets 3 handshakes from one person, or do they get one?
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Based on what others have posted here after experimenting with their 'feeder' towns, I understand they only get one handshake if the neighbor taps, then exits, taps, then exits, then taps again three times in a row. It seems the only way the other player can get all three handshakes from a multi-tapper is if the visits are spaced out and the neighbor collects the handshakes one at a time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!