EA Forums - Banner

North Korea claim to land man on the sun

Prev1
Seems like they are the most technologically-advanced country in the world. Did they take Dennis Rodman to the sun with them?

Replies

• mrnerdstrom
    207 posts
    edited January 2014
    I was watching "The Colbert Report" show on Comedy Central. They were showing a new show that was a total copy of the Colbert Report. Opening sequence, music, images, etc. The show is called "The Banquet'. The picture from the OP looks like the show and the guy that hosts the show.
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh it's a real story. It is originally reported by the Waterford whispers news site. As was this one.

Church Hires JK Rowling To Rewrite The Bible
    Posted by: Julius Hubris January 21, 2014

The latest PR coup for Pope Francis has seen him hire famous and revered children’s author JK Rowling to rewrite the Bible.
    It is hoped the author, most famous for her Harry Potter series, can make it more accessible and believable for a new generation of Catholics and Christians.
    While the specifics of the rewrite are not yet known, it is believed Rowling is tasked with producing a compelling tale that young Catholics and Christians can engage with. Figures such as dementors and other popular creations may take the place of less realistic Biblical creatures such as unicorns and the leviathon.
    “We are very happy Miss Rowling has agreed to the rewrite, we keenly await the first draft,” a Vatican insider told WWN.
    Rowling’s selection has raised some eyebrows but the decision by Pope Francis to select the wildly popular author is mainly due to commercial concerns.
    “The sales of the * action figure have dropped by over 200% in the last 10 years, we are in need of new, compelling and toy-friendly characters…like the dinosaur in Toy Story,” a source close to the Pope told WWN.
    “Our revenue streams are shrinking so the more Hollywood-esque the better,” the source concluded.
    Rowling has thus far remained tight lipped on her vision for the Bible and its merry band of characters but a number of Hollywood producers are in discussions to turn it into a movie.
    In the last century many Christian leaders have offered revisions on the interpretations of many of the Bible’s passages but Rowling is expected to take a more drastic approach.
    “Judas is probably going to wear a leather jacket and JK is toying with the idea of a nervous twitch or even an eye-patch. Also why have one book when can have more? She is thinking of splitting it up into 9, maybe 10 books” the author’s publicist shared with WWN.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow 93000000miles in 4 hours.

Thats over 23 Million miles an hour, good job there arent any speed cameras in space.
  • AlanSherer
    84 posts
    edited January 2014
    My favorite part

It is understood that the 17-year-old ‘space explorer’ traveled at night to avoid being engulfed by the suns rays
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    If this was actually North Korean News, everyone there would probably have to go along with it.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    @AS Well thats just good sense
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Haha they come up with some right stuff
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Very funny :lol:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    My favorite part

It is understood that the 17-year-old ‘space explorer’ traveled at night to avoid being engulfed by the suns rays

Seems legit :wink:
  • SmokedUpJoe
    58 posts
    edited January 2014
    I would have to believe it.

If I was from North korea :(
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    As long as we are talking about North Korea, here is an article from The Onion:

The Onion is proud to announce that North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-un, 29, has officially been named the newspaper’s Sexiest Man Alive for the year 2012.

With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman’s dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper’s editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile.

“He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,” Onion Style and Entertainment editor Marissa Blake-Zweibel said. “And that’s the quality that makes him the sort of man women want, and men want to be. He’s a real hunk with real intensity who also knows how to cut loose and let his hair down.”

Added Blake-Zweibel, “Ri Sol-ju is one lucky lady, that’s for sure!”

With today’s announcement, Kim joins the ranks of The Onion’s prior “Sexiest Man Alive” winners, including:

2011: Bashar al-Assad
    2010: Bernie Madoff
    2009: Charles and David Koch (co-winners)
    2008: Ted Kaczynski
    2007: T. Herman Zweibel
    The Onion’s commemorative “Sexiest Man Alive” issue will be available on newsstands everywhere this Friday and contains a full 16-page spread on Kim.

700.hq.jpg?6612
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    moxxee wrote:
    Seems like they are the most technologically-advanced country in the world. Did they take Dennis Rodman to the sun with them?

Lmao, maybe, afterall he has a tattoo of the sun on his back. Maybe that's where he comes from. Would explain alot.
  • haggis_balls
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    This article made me laugh! Following on the theme, this is the same country that reported that Kim Jong-Il (the present rulers dad) once scored 11 holes in one in a single round of golf. Almost as impressive as walking on the sun.
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    I don't doubt it for a second
    QEAfH42735.jpg
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Gasp! Test flights! :shock: :lol:
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited January 2014
    Can I be the first to say, What the f%@$?
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I guess you could say, he was sent by Express Korea. :mrgreen:
  • Sinnaj63
    14 posts
    edited January 2014
    Good that North Korea got there first. An American would have painted a * on the sun or something. All Hail King John Um, the Ruler of the Sun!
  • trotmane1
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Sinnaj63 wrote:
    Good that North Korea got there first. An American would have painted a * on the sun or something.

Damn right, we would have. It'd still be less crazy than these people.
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Wait they're trying to do what?!

em6.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.