EA Forums - Banner

Worst accidental purchase.

Prev1
Lets face it, we've all accidentally spent some doughnuts. Either we didn't know about confirmation yet or we learned the hardway that ea turns it off after an update. I did the latter, after the Halloween event was removed I was placing some decos and accidentally bought the fiddler !_!

So I was wondering what other people have accidentally throw doughnuts away on.

Well, when the game first started I actually bought $10K of in game cash for 8 donuts, I believe. I was so mad, because it took me a long time to earn 8 donuts and I was only scrolling through the store to see what was available. I NEVER would have spent donuts on in game cash. Total waste! Worst. Purchase. Ever.

But after we actually got the donut confirmation button, I bought Candy Kevin without checking my donut confirmation button was still on, D'OH!! Second worst purchase ever.

Replies

• RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Happened to me yesterday. I guess I forgot to verify the donut confirmation after the update, was scrolling through the decorations and apparently selected the Boardwalk Performer for 50 dollars. I always scroll at the top of the image too, so I don't press the price, but somehow that didn't work. Figures the one time I didn't check it backfired on me (and 80% of the time I would check after an update, my donut confirmation would still always be on, but not this time).
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Not a purchase (luckily don't have any of those!!), but have accidentally sped up the Kwik-E-Mart and Brown house before the confirm option was implemented. Those li'l 2 donut spends do add up!! :(
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    Not a purchase (luckily don't have any of those!!), but have accidentally sped up the Kwik-E-Mart and Brown house before the confirm option was implemented. Those li'l 2 donut spends do add up!! :(
    +1
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I didn't know there wasn't a confirm option when the game came out. I find that ridiculous.
  • chessfan12
    50 posts
    edited January 2014
    I got one of the Funzos a while back while scrolling through the store. I hate it.
  • liberalprim
    7 posts
    edited January 2014
    chessfan12 wrote:
    I got one of the Funzos a while back while scrolling through the store. I hate it.

+1
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Blue Funzo. Was trying to click the info tab and bought it. My buying conformation is now ON.
  • jippy6048
    539 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Accidentally bought raven Bart during Halloween 2012 just by scrolling. :evil: At that time there was no confirmation. Glad that got fixed!!
  • Seraphemme
    12 posts
    edited January 2014
    I try to be careful but I've been burned 4 times now by accidental clicks on Springfield Downs when the try again button popped up under my finger while tapping other buildings. Wouldn't be a problem if donut confirm didn't keep shutting itself off.
  • krz_bill
    2 posts
    edited January 2014
    I wasted 150 donuts on Santa's Little Helper.
    I keep him in storage because seeing him irritated me :p
  • joelle124676
    28 posts
    edited January 2014
    I got the stupid boardwalk boy on a box too. D`oh!
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The Human Statue (one on the wooden box) was in-game cash, not donuts. So you can feel a little better now. :-)
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited January 2014
    I once spent four donuts on speeding up the wax museum. Luckily I won five donuts from the sideshow you.
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    The Human Statue (one on the wooden box) was in-game cash, not donuts. So you can feel a little better now. :-)

Also you need him for the squidport questline, so not a bad by at all. But I can understand not wanting to spend the cash on him before you need to.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited January 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    +1
    Me, three. Luckily there was no real world $ involved at the time.
  • ericborovay
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Ouch... After seeing some of the accidental purchases listed above, I no longer feel bad about mine. But as for me I accidentally spent 10 doughnuts on the little pink planter box. And I've accidentally sped up a brown house or hour task more times than I care to admit. Because of this, the confirm doughnut purchase is by far my favorite newer feature.

• philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Fiddler two days ago. Now she lives a lonely life at the SP, certainly she wont meet her buddies.

• RobbieGrs
    328 posts
    edited January 2014
    Confirmation wasn't on as I never heard of it back then.
    Just bought donuts and was looking for what I could buy , clicked some buildings to see how they look as you have to place it down first before you buy it.
    Then I pressed the K9 & the little krusty guy from halloween x.x I also bought the candy guy or whatever he's called from christmas , I was so excited for a new character and thought he could do tasks lol as I didn't read the text.
    Ah well atleast I got the confirmation always on now & I read carefully before I buy something ! :D
  • dkg1083
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Technically mine wasn't an accidental purchase. During one of the quest lines, you were prompted to place the Golden Calf. I had no idea that one had been placed in the inventory, so I bought it from the premiums list. Was so annoyed that a quest line needed a premium purchase. Realised two days later that there was a calf in my darn storage box. Grrrrrr!! 30 donuts gone.
  • Elimum
    78 posts
    edited January 2014
    Would have to be Candy Kevin, such a rip off. Wanted to read the dialogue but bought him instead.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!