EA Forums - Banner

What about older players?

Prev1
AlanSherer wrote:
All good and well this update but I already have both items. What do the older players get from this update? Nothing.

There better be more to come from this update EA because it is pathetic. There should be some new stuff so the older players get something out of this update. You should be wanting to please the older players more seeing how they are the loyal ones who have stuck with the game for over a year.

A massive kick in the teeth to the older players.

Well done EA.
sunday u'll get the new item for free: Duff Blimp
can't post picture cause it's unreleased atm

Replies

  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited January 2014
    At least its different to the barney duff blimp
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    All good and well this update but I already have both items. What do the older players get from this update? Nothing.

    There better be more to come from this update EA because it is pathetic. There should be some new stuff so the older players get something out of this update. You should be wanting to please the older players more seeing how they are the loyal ones who have stuck with the game for over a year.

    A massive kick in the teeth to the older players.

    Well done EA.

    Well I joined just before Halloween 2012 but for some reason missed out on the Duff Racer but even if I had it I'm sure other older players missed out on this so good for them to have a chance now to get it :)
  • Snakeyees
    2332 posts Member
    edited January 2014

    /rant

    So in other words us the long time Paying players who cant access our games for 15+ days guess we are just out of luck WAY TO GO EA TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

    /rant
  • AlanSherer
    84 posts
    edited January 2014
    .
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited January 2014
    I agree that there is not much for older players.

    My teeth, however, do not feel kicked. My jimmies are unrustled.

    A new quest line is always good just for variety, and we will get a couple of donuts too. They could have just not done anything at all, I'm sure you would have preferred that.
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    These older players seem to be enjoying themselves...

    seniors%20playing%20video%20game.jpg
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    These older players seem to be enjoying themselves...

    seniors%20playing%20video%20game.jpg

    For the win.
  • spreadpanic4
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    All good and well this update but I already have both items. What do the older players get from this update? Nothing.

    There better be more to come from this update EA because it is pathetic. There should be some new stuff so the older players get something out of this update. You should be wanting to please the older players more seeing how they are the loyal ones who have stuck with the game for over a year.

    A massive kick in the teeth to the older players.

    Well done EA.

    It's hard to tell if you are just trolling, are a hipster, or are just extremely self-centered.

    This isn't an "update," it's a Super Bowl promotion - because the game is on Fox. To promote the SB, they introduce a tiny questline along with some limited-time items that are in high demand. The game doesn't "owe" you anything, and year-plus players are very much a minority of players. I'm sorry if you are losing the "I was here first" status, but that's inconsequential to most people, and especially to EA. I already have two of the busses and the racer, so just like you I won't be getting anything new (other than the blimp released on Sunday). I also wasn't expecting to get anything today, nor do I have a problem with other people being able to get what I already have. It's not a big deal. There will be plenty of new stuff to come along for you to acquire.
  • Mull1966
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Older player here, both in age and time spent playing. I seriously could not care less if one time or limited time items come back for newer players. Everyone having an item does not take away from my enjoyment of playing this game.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11586 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    These older players seem to be enjoying themselves...

    seniors%20playing%20video%20game.jpg
    lol gamecube <3
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Gasp. I just realized that I should be in full makeup while playing my video games. No wonder my grandchild shuns me. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    All good and well this update but I already have both items. What do the older players get from this update? Nothing.

    There better be more to come from this update EA because it is pathetic. There should be some new stuff so the older players get something out of this update. You should be wanting to please the older players more seeing how they are the loyal ones who have stuck with the game for over a year.

    A massive kick in the teeth to the older players.

    Well done EA.

    It's hard to tell if you are just trolling, are a hipster, or are just extremely self-centered.

    This isn't an "update," it's a Super Bowl promotion - because the game is on Fox. To promote the SB, they introduce a tiny questline along with some limited-time items that are in high demand. The game doesn't "owe" you anything, and year-plus players are very much a minority of players. I'm sorry if you are losing the "I was here first" status, but that's inconsequential to most people, and especially to EA. I already have two of the busses and the racer, so just like you I won't be getting anything new (other than the blimp released on Sunday). I also wasn't expecting to get anything today, nor do I have a problem with other people being able to get what I already have. It's not a big deal. There will be plenty of new stuff to come along for you to acquire.

    :thumbup:

    If the mistreatment at the hands of EA is so terrible than quit the game and stop posting on the forum.

    I've played the game since day one and I feel this update is just fine. It doesn't feel at all like I was kicked in the teeth.

    I hope the people on my friends list that are getting the Duff Racer are really happy with it.
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I agree that there is not much for older players.

    My teeth, however, do not feel kicked. My jimmies are unrustled.

    A new quest line is always good just for variety, and we will get a couple of donuts too. They could have just not done anything at all, I'm sure you would have preferred that.

    Wow what a coincidence. My knickers aren't in a twist, bunched or in a knot either.

    I've been playing since fall of 2012. It honestly doesn't bother me if new players or older players that missed out on things the first time they were out get the opportunity to get them. It takes nothing away from my Springfield or my enjoyment of the game. If this were a competitive game I could understand why someone might be bothered by it. Then again if this was a competitive game it wouldn't be as much fun. Let's be honest, the majority of people upset about limited items being re-released likely wouldn't be in the top 10, 20 or even 100 in a competitive game since those spots are almost always filled by people who have either spent a ridiculous amount of money or hacked the game.

    I really hope they re-release all the limited time stuff for people. I know the Mapple store will be hard to do, but if there's a way they can re-release it for players on Apple devices and simultaneously release something comparable for players on Android devices; then, that would be cool.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited January 2014
    This isn't an update update, as in a new level, but rather a little promo like spreadpanic4 said. But more importantly, I've never actually even held one of those controller thingies before, with or without makeup.
  • AlanSherer
    84 posts
    edited January 2014
    I don't care about them re-releasing old items. It is the fact that they have brought out nothing new for people who already had both.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited January 2014
    The apple vs android debate is only relative in discussing the release for the platform. At this point they couldn't just release say a man droid store to compensate android users. I play on my iPhone and my android tablet, so people like me would end up with both anyway, which people would still say is unfair.

    I wouldn't lose hope for the Mapple store though. EA has never said why it isn't available, and I personally doubt that it has anything to do with android vs apple. It wasn't long after the Mapple store that the android version was released, so the android thing was probably already in the works. Indeed I would say they probably always intended to bring it to android, it just takes longer because of the amount of operating system versions that are out there for android devices.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    I don't care about them re-releasing old items. It is the fact that they have brought out nothing new for people who already had both.

    Ok so you're just blatantly ignoring the new blimp and seven donuts because they don't fit in with your argument then?
  • handsomemyst
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    At $250k the duff racer is a very expensive item. I think the price will prevent most newer players from getting this anyway. Maybe I can hit the jackpot on Springfield Downs...
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    The apple vs android debate is only relative in discussing the release for the platform. At this point they couldn't just release say a man droid store to compensate android users. I play on my iPhone and my android tablet, so people like me would end up with both anyway, which people would still say is unfair.

    I wouldn't lose hope for the Mapple store though. EA has never said why it isn't available, and I personally doubt that it has anything to do with android vs apple. It wasn't long after the Mapple store that the android version was released, so the android thing was probably already in the works. Indeed I would say they probably always intended to bring it to android, it just takes longer because of the amount of operating system versions that are out there for android devices.

    Good point. It didn't occur to me that you might be able to get into your Springfield from either platform if you have devices with both. I was just thinking of it from the point of view that there might be an issue with what could be perceived as a thinly veiled advertisement for Apple on Android devices. Not saying I look at it like that, but I can see how people would look at it like that. Heck after being here for a few months, I'm starting to see how people can think a lot of things. I may need to start crafting a tinfoil hat.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited January 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:
    I don't care about them re-releasing old items. It is the fact that they have brought out nothing new for people who already had both.
    Storyline.
    Duff Blimp.
    Donuts.

    I think you may mean not enough new to please you rather than nothing new.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.