EA Forums - Banner

Smithers, too much tanning!

I remember reading somewhere the explanation from a Simpsons writer. Originally he was going to be gay and black, then they decided to just make him gay, so they weren't sticking all the minorities into few characters

Replies

• ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited February 2014
    smith3198 wrote:
    I was just watching S1 E3, Homers Odyssey. I saw Smithers and laughed to myself.... He looks either like a different nationality or like he's Tanned to much. And his hair is different! I just wanted to share.

What, like French or something?
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited February 2014
    Hilarious!
  • Skydude252a
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    IF I recall, he was never intended to be black, it was just a coloring mistake in that episode.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i don't see a difference
    he looks he same in both pictures
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6358 posts Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I remember reading somewhere the explanation from a Simpsons writer. Originally he was going to be gay and black, then they decided to just make him gay, so they weren't sticking all the minorities into few characters

That's exactly what it was
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i don't see a difference
    he looks he same in both pictures

Both pictures are from same episode so there shouldnt be a difference above. Got me at 1st also lol
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited August 2014

You read a book full of lies, sir.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Much information can be found upon searching Smithers black. There are several explanations from the writers, some posted above.
    Happy tapping.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Much information can be found upon searching Smithers black. There are several explanations from the writers, some posted above.
    Happy tapping.

Yeah, but then there's the truth: it was a colouring error by the animators over in Korea.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    IF I recall, he was never intended to be black, it was just a coloring mistake in that episode.

You're correct! :-) I was only researching this earlier today. :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.