EA Forums - Banner

growing roses faster

And if you place Moe's Tavern in storage...then it takes Witch Marge immediately off the Speeding Up Crops task (places Marge and Moe in storage too)...and then you can take Moe's Tavern out of your inventory / place it again in your Springfield so that Witch Marge can be then placed back again on the task of Speeding Up Crops which allows you to grow roses faster without using any donuts. You don't lose the time sped up on making the roses grow faster when Marge is placed in storage but Witch Marge tends to randomly speed up the crops when placed on and off that task within a few minutes.

Replies

• bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    And if you place Moe's Tavern in storage...then it takes Witch Marge immediately off the Speeding Up Crops task (places Marge and Moe in storage too)...and then you can take Moe's Tavern out of your inventory / place it again in your Springfield so that Witch Marge can be then placed back again on the task of Speeding Up Crops which allows you to grow roses faster without using any donuts. You don't lose the time sped up on making the roses grow faster when Marge is placed in storage but Witch Marge tends to randomly speed up the crops when placed on and off that task within a few minutes.

Cool, did not know that. Love witch marge
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited February 2014

Interesting tip. I'm gonna have to try this tomorrow when she's off task.

EDIT: Doing this right now. Thanks a lot. I'd've never thought to do this. It only works once though, I've found. It worked once, put in storage, did the speed up task again, and it didn't change the time. Bah. Maybe I should wait awhile before trying again?
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    She speeds up the crop but putting the tavern in and out doesn't. Just sets your timer back.

Not good, I tried.
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    She speeds up the crop but putting the tavern in and out doesn't. Just sets your timer back.

Not good, I tried.

Truth. Really a bummer, but oh well.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

Not good, I tried.

Be carefull Witch Marge had a bug before don't know if the update fixed it. At first it seemed like it worked (-4 hrs) but overtime it added more time so at the end it slowed it (tried many times while growing corn). For example if the task was 24 days 24 hrs, it became 24 days 20 hrs but when I was back after 6 hrs the time left was not 24 days 14hrs but maybe 24 days 19 hrs. So I would suggest you keep a note of the time left to be sure it really helps.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

Not good, I tried.

Yea, oh well. What surprises me is people not tapping their corn thinking is better than valentines day stuff. At some point soon no one can tap it.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

Not good, I tried.

Yea, oh well. What surprises me is people not tapping their corn thinking is better than valentines day stuff. At some point soon no one can tap it.

When you update the corn finishes to grow and harvest itself no choice of tapping or not.
  • god_king_kratos
    12 posts
    edited February 2014

I just tried this and at first, it worked and decreased my rose time from 10 hours to 6 hours. But when I went to my friends towns and came back it was at 10 hours again.

Having Marge speed up crop in 4 hour intervals does work and can cut the time considerably.

Kratos
  • jlenko
    69 posts
    edited February 2014
    When you update the corn finishes to grow and harvest itself no choice of tapping or not.

Not so.. I had 20-something days left on my corn, it finished with this update.. but I didn't tap to clear it. However, I couldn't get any handshakes on it (tried with my feeder town.. no luck). So I ended up clearing it.

Not that I need the cash now, but when I started growing corn I hadn't yet cleared all the playing space. Now it's doubtful that I'll bother ever growing it again, even if the so-called 'Stackable' trick still works.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2014
    jlenko wrote:

Not so.. I had 20-something days left on my corn, it finished with this update.. but I didn't tap to clear it. However, I couldn't get any handshakes on it (tried with my feeder town.. no luck). So I ended up clearing it.

Not that I need the cash now, but when I started growing corn I hadn't yet cleared all the playing space. Now it's doubtful that I'll bother ever growing it again, even if the so-called 'Stackable' trick still works.

Mine harvested itself...and I had 16 days to go. But it's ok it was a gamble from the beginning so I am just a bit disappointed but not too much.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.