EA Forums - Banner

But how do we receive hearts ?

Related to that, I was wondering: Do your characters have to be on outdoor tasks for people to be able to tap on them and get hearts?

Replies

• johncolombo
    11281 posts Senior Moderator
    edited February 2014
    kjb525 wrote:
    Related to that, I was wondering: Do your characters have to be on outdoor tasks for people to be able to tap on them and get hearts?

I was wondering that as well. The answer is no, they can be in or out. You won't see them in your town if they are in, but your neighbors will see all characters walking around when they visit.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    edited February 2014
    I went through my whole list, 100 neighbors and tapped all the cards I could, but for the whole evening, I received 4 hearts in my own town. What makes us receive hearts ?

when neighbors visiting you, Most people haven't finished the rose bush task yet and can't leave hearts until the first bush is done. It essentially turns the event on.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    kjb525 wrote:

I was wondering that as well. The answer is no, they can be in or out. You won't see them in your town if they are in, but your neighbors will see all characters walking around when they visit.

I think they do. When I visited your town earlier, it looked like Candy Kevin also had a valentine hover above him so I wonder if other non-playables like the Yeti and Zombies yield Valentines.
  • johncolombo
    edited February 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    kjb525 wrote:

I think they do. When I visited your town earlier, it looked like Candy Kevin also had a valentine hover above him so I wonder if other non-playables like the Yeti and Zombies yield Valentines.

I tapped the yeti in someone's town tonight so at least yeti is playable. Someone tapped my Edna while she was in the school on my end. I tapped the valentine that was left to me, she appeared briefly, did her little "bit" where she poses, then poof, was back in the school as far as I could see.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Hum that makes sense. I did not realize that there are not many people as eager as me to rush their rose bush :)
  • kjb525
    21 posts
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the explanations!
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah thanks for that you've put my mind at rest as I'm still getting quite a few handshakes I thought I had a glitch or something :)
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited February 2014
    Hum that makes sense. I did not realize that there are not many people as eager as me to rush their rose bush :)

No desire to waste donuts here. lol. Too bad I couldn't get in earlier yesterday to access and start the update. My roses won't be finished for another 14 hours or so.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!