EA Forums - Banner

Who bought the whale?

1235Next

Replies

• VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    I just caved. Hate that I have to put him in captivity but this is Springfield. Going to have to find the time to give him a larger space to swim in though. It's a work in progress since my original Squidport plans did not account for whales, or even the boats we've been getting. If only they'd give us an extra water strip and more tiles.

8AYps5gl.jpg
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited February 2014
    300 donuts = $19.99. i just CAN'T do it - especially for a decoration that doesn't do anything really. In a month I just know i'm not even going to look twice at the dumb whale let alone tap it. I'd just glare at it, demanding it do more and resenting the whale for not living up to my $20 expectations. Then i'd likely grow jaded and bitter toward all aquatic mammals. Before long, i'd snap, spending another $20 on ebay for a harpoon and go on a whale killing rampage. It just isn't worth it.
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    That spun out of control rather quickly. Lol.

I feel that it is WAY too expensive for what you get. 200 donuts for a decoration that doesn't come with a character is pushing it let alone 300. Don't get me wrong, I like the whale but like others have said, if we buy the whale then how expensive will future decorations cost? Where will it stop? I thought that $19.99 for a single decoration would never happen but now I feel gullible.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Well to be honest with you I am planning to buy only one whale tonight only because so far I have bought every single premium item in the game and I really don't want to stop! The whale is such a rip off because of the fact that it cost 300 donuts and the most expensive premium item in the game which is just ridiculous :evil: I would understand if it is at least 100 donuts like the mayflower but making it cost 300 donuts is by far the worst move EA has pulled off in this game without a doubt!
  • carpediem116
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I just caved. Hate that I have to put him in captivity but this is Springfield. Going to have to find the time to give him a larger space to swim in though. It's a work in progress since my original Squidport plans did not account for whales, or even the boats we've been getting. If only they'd give us an extra water strip and more tiles.

8AYps5gl.jpg

I am reporting you to PETA!!! :-)
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't get why everyone is shocked over $20. Further, if you caught the donuts on sale and bought in quantity, the cost is much lower, like in the $10-$11 range. I just don't get it. Some people seem personally offended like EA came over and took a dump on your iPad. This is soooo not a huge deal.

And I have 2 whales, TYVM.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    BUT ITS SO CUTE! It's not like it does absolutely nothing, it does that cute dive when you tap it.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited February 2014
    I get all the big bonus items, so eventually the whale will find it's way into my town. I want to get up to 300%.
  • HaloBoy678
    25 posts
    edited February 2014
    I just want to clarify, this is not my town. I just couldn't let this image go unseen. I couldn't get them all in one pic, but there are 18 overall.

NZsKVY5.png

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I love a prem item for sure, but one whale is enough for me, a tad to expensive even if the animation is good :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i'm sure i'll get it eventually

i haven't started buying any premium decorations yet...but when i do the whale will be somewhere last on the list
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.