EA Forums - Banner

"Other Springfield" is a Bad Neighbor

Prev1
I deleted friends with the Origin desktop program. Let me delete friends who i saw were inactive pretty easily.

Replies

• spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    :D
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    Common People! That's like removing DAVE as a friend on the old "My Space" - Give ol' "Other Springfield" a chance 8)
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's just there to give people a look at a relatively advanced and mapped-out town with all the premium items, kinda like how all the products in Ikea are shown in actual rooms. It gives people a sense of how the social element works in the game and shows how a pretty town can look. Notice how tax is always available every time you visit it too?

But yes, they really should have the decorations so people can get some coinage during the season. Whoever maintains it is going to have to add the new buildings at some point anyway.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's just there to give people a look at a relatively advanced and mapped-out town with all the premium items, kinda like how all the products in Ikea are shown in actual rooms. It gives people a sense of how the social element works in the game and shows how a pretty town can look. Notice how tax is always available every time you visit it too?

But yes, they really should have the decorations so people can get some coinage during the season. Whoever maintains it is going to have to add the new buildings at some point anyway.

I haven't really done a good job of tracking "Other Springfield" but my impression is they've made no real changes since it leveled up to 20. There's snow, of course, but have they added any of the post-Level 20 buildings or decorations?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I believe the snow is a universal graphic change. I have a couple friends who have not logged in in over a week - so they likely do not have the update - yet, when I visit them, their towns are snow covered.

It would be peachy if we were able to collect coins from Other Springfield though. I don't imagine having trouble collecting all that I need with a few to spare... But the new and less-social players who have not found this forum may have trouble.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    I haven't really done a good job of tracking "Other Springfield" but my impression is they've made no real changes since it leveled up to 20. There's snow, of course, but have they added any of the post-Level 20 buildings or decorations?
    No Krabapple's apartment, post office, channel 6... so definitely not current. Maybe they just couldn't find the time to do all the longer and longer tasks to keep progressing? :wink:
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    It would be peachy if we were able to collect coins from Other Springfield though. I don't imagine having trouble collecting all that I need with a few to spare... But the new and less-social players who have not found this forum may have trouble.
    It would also be nice to collect 303 coins per day (for those like me that are impatient, but disciplined enough to not use doughnuts to speed things up--but I really want my Mapple store and I'm so close!)

Oh, and the "less social" don't seem to have a hard time finding this forum, they just can't find any of the 50 "ADD ME" threads on just the first couple of pages... :roll:
  • mmreed11
    35 posts
    edited December 2012
    dcline414 wrote:
    Anyone know how to cut this lame "Other Springfield" guy from your list to replace with someone who actually plays?

Amen! I'm thinking of sending him a Burns-monster and a Krusy doll for Xmas. I have some that are just laying around providing no value to my town.....
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I had low expectations since they didn't do anything with the Halloween update.
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    [/quote]

Oh, and the "less social" don't seem to have a hard time finding this forum, they just can't find any of the 50 "ADD ME" threads on just the first couple of pages... :roll: [/quote]

Haha!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    mmreed11 wrote:
    Amen! I'm thinking of sending him a Burns-monster and a Krusy doll for Xmas. I have some that are just laying around providing no value to my town.....

This is my only real criticism of the December 5th update. I really wish EA would have provided us with the ability to do something with Burns Monster/Krusty Doll/Raven Bart. Put them in storage, delete them, sell them off, or my personal preference, give us a new task for Fat Tony to "get rid of them" for us.

Oh well, maybe in the next update. I'd hate to think they'll still be a blemish on my town come Spring time...
  • vaicilajean
    102 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I was also disappointed that Other Springfield didn't bother to decorate its houses. I'll admit that when I first started playing (mid-October), I didn't add any other friends for quite awhile, although I did regularly visit OS to TP and egg, so it's true that OS is a good prelude to actually friending folks.

That said, the fact that all the buildings are always ready to be tapped in OS isn't very good practice at searching around for the best taps in a town. I think I'm just a bit miffed right now because I'm down to a 1-star Righteousness rating, even though I have visitors coming in and clicking on non-decorated buildings (Krusty Burger, Kwik-E-Mart, etc.). I get that people want coins, but if you're not going for the decorated houses, then be a doll and vandalize my town, people!
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Interesting in that the "other springfield" level is different for different people.

Im at level 24 and the other springfield is at level 20
    A friend who is at level 10 shows the other springfield at level 16.

Somthing just aint right.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    battyguy wrote:
    Interesting in that the "other springfield" level is different for different people.

Im at level 24 and the other springfield is at level 20
    A friend who is at level 10 shows the other springfield at level 16.

Somthing just aint right.

No, that's right. The OS levelled up with the player @ 3--4 steps higher than the player until the player reached level 15 or so (I think it was level 16 for me) then it maxed out at 20 and never advanced beyond that.
    I get that people want coins, but if you're not going for the decorated houses, then be a doll and vandalize my town, people!

I agree. I think many do not realize that they can return to tap when better buildings are occupied. However, with 100 neighbors to visit, they just may wish to "get the job done" and over with. If I find one good building to tap, the timer resets, so I return to get my total allowance in for that town before the next 24-hour window opens. I keep a low # of friends, so it's not problematic for me to return.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:

Yeh I think they have just gave up on other springfield lol. It has been level 20 for ages, and not changed since level 21 & 22, 23, or just now when level 24 was added
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    This morning I was on my collection rounds, going right to left and got to this guy with no decorations. I decided to delete the slacker but then realized it was other Springfield guy. :oops:
    I immediately thought of this thread. :lol:
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited December 2012
    MoopsDude wrote:
    This morning I was on my collection rounds, going right to left and got to this guy with no decorations. I decided to delete the slacker but then realized it was other Springfield guy. :oops:

Lulz!
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The other springfield is still slacking.
    Not even one decorated house.

So..its clear thisnis a village of Pagans!!! :twisted:

• sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    MoopsDude wrote:

Exactly the same thing happened to me, lol.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    At the risk of being repetitive..let me ..er..repeat..

The other Springfield really blows. Not all characters..or buildings.. I think theybshould give us the password so we can each take turns running it.

Hand it over to NEO for a few days and see what he can come up with :mrgreen:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.