EA Forums - Banner

Peruse recent posts before posting? Maybe?

I don't want to be rude but it would be awesome if people looked at the front page of topics before posting their own posts so they could see if that topic exists already. There are like 5 posts about the game being down. During Christmas everyone and their mother posted a 'wheel hate' post.

Sorry if this post is against the rules. It just gets frustrating when posts get buried under duplicates.

BUT WE CAN'T GET INTO OUR GAMES!!!

Jokes :wink:
They'll all get merged together if they need to be, give the mods a chance.

Replies

• maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    :thumbup: +1
  • wickedlittle
    89 posts
    edited February 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I don't want to be rude but it would be awesome if people looked at the front page of topics before posting their own posts so they could see if that topic exists already. There are like 5 posts about the game being down. During Christmas everyone and their mother posted a 'wheel hate' post.

Sorry if this post is against the rules. It just gets frustrating when posts get buried under duplicates.

BUT WE CAN'T GET INTO OUR GAMES!!!

Jokes :wink:
    They'll all get merged together if they need to be, give the mods a chance.

I feel for the mods. I wouldn't know where to begin.

I know all forums experience the problem, but I've never seen it to this extent. Just thought I'd plant a seed to people who didn't consider it. It's so much more soothing to rage amongst others in one thread too.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Pretty please!
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It make you grateful that we have moderators for the forum and an entire sub section for "ADD ME" post. It was a nightmare before the mods came. Add me post as far as the eyes could see. I get shivers just thinking about it.
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited February 2014
    Complaining about it isn't going to change it. They do it because they want to lots of comments and to feel important. It's just human nature to want to feel accepted by a group and thats an easy way to do. If you watch when someone posts something that is getting popular Then at least 5 other people will post something very similar because they want the reads and views to go up... It can be irratating but can just skip over them just as easily as they skip over the posts they are copying :-)

Personally I think it's all interesting whatever people have to say about the game even if it is repeated info because the game is just awesome. (Even better when it works)
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I just like seeing others having the issue so I know I'm not the only 1
  • leafs45
    17 posts
    edited February 2014

This is about the EA forums , I'm guess game issues r different
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Complaining about it isn't going to change it. They do it because they want to lots of comments and to feel important. It's just human nature to want to feel accepted by a group and thats an easy way to do. If you watch when someone posts something that is getting popular Then at least 5 other people will post something very similar because they want the reads and views to go up... It can be irratating but can just skip over them just as easily as they skip over the posts they are copying :-)

Personally I think it's all interesting whatever people have to say about the game even if it is repeated info because the game is just awesome. (Even better when it works)

kinda contradicted yourself a bit. I fully support OP here.
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited February 2014

kinda contradicted yourself a bit. I fully support OP here.

Lol not really. I can see both sides of the argument. And I don't mean anything negative to either side of the argument. It does seem like there are especially over Christmas people complaining about the game and then people complaining about the people complaining about the game. I say just let people do what they want as long as it's legal :-)
  • wickedlittle
    89 posts
    edited February 2014
    Complaining about it isn't going to change it. )

I didn't mean to complain so much as present the idea because I got the impression that there were lots of young people or people new to forum etiquette. I honestly thought people were just pulling the new post trigger without thinking about it.
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited February 2014

I didn't mean to complain so much as present the idea because I got the impression that there were lots of young people or people new to forum etiquette. I honestly thought people were just pulling the new post trigger without thinking about it.

I can understand that. A thought just occurred to me. I wonder what would happen if the mods created a new area just for complaints and every time someone posted a complaint topic they moved it there. I wonder how fast that would fill up lol
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited February 2014

I feel like that often. As a general rule I try not to make new threads and always think twice if I do
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I also agree. I like to keep up on issues that arise with regards to this game, but it is very frustrating when you get a topic titled "PLEASE READ," and all it is is another blah blah blah about something there are already 5 topics about. The only thing I would add is that before you post, you should actually check the first 2 or 3 pages, depending on how fast things are flying.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    This is exactly why I went back to the thread I started a few days ago about the game having server issues. I can't say I haven't started duplicate threads, because after all we've all been there at some point, but I do agree that people should look before posting.

Oh well what can you do? :? some people just get overly excited about starting new threads I guess.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • pvgeeten
    14 posts
    edited February 2014
    A large number of posts may have a better chance of being taken more seriously. Post away.
  • wkeeling78920
    248 posts
    edited February 2014
    No
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.