EA Forums - Banner

So, Who's The Old Man Curling?

Prev1
The "old man" is Agnes Skinner.

Replies

• amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    The "old man" is Agnes Skinner, she's a regular character. The mission is clean the streets. Not curling.

Lisa running scared is the mission with milhouse where she is getting chased from him. Although I don't see him anywhere.
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Lisa running scared is the mission with milhouse where she is getting chased from him. Although I don't see him anywhere.

One or the other occasionally idappear. I've had Nelson running around with no Lisa.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • nitespark
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:
    The "old man" is Agnes Skinner, she's a regular character. The mission is clean the streets. Not curling.

Wow, currently I have Agnes at bingo and Lisa serving detention. is Milhouse chasing her part of the valentine's day event (I'm still growing roses) . All of my characters are doing completely different tasks when I view my town from my feeder town. Is that normal?
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:

Except she IS curling....

9p4m.jpg

Remember when the Simpsons went to Vancouver 2010 Olympics and played in the Curling event? That is Agnes in her curling uniform, curling. In the streets. Without a stone. :D
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    nitespark wrote:
    amauthe8 wrote:

Wow, currently I have Agnes at bingo and Lisa serving detention. is Milhouse chasing her part of the valentine's day event (I'm still growing roses) . All of my characters are doing completely different tasks when I view my town from my feeder town. Is that normal?

If I'm not mistaken, the characters that are doing different tasks are doing so because you have set them to indoor tasks, and they need to be outside for your neighbors to tap on. Example: I have Comic Book Guy in court right now in my feeder town, but when I go in to the town from my main town, it shows him standing in front of the courthouse. Does this make any sense? I think I just confused myself lol
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    slacker001 wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, the characters that are doing different tasks are doing so because you have set them to indoor tasks, and they need to be outside for your neighbors to tap on. Example: I have Comic Book Guy in court right now in my feeder town, but when I go in to the town from my main town, it shows him standing in front of the courthouse.
    I think you are mistaken. They can be tapped while indoors. If you see him outside the courthouse when visiting, it should be because his task there is finished. (Characters will also appear briefly when their valentines are tapped, then fade back inside the building.)
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, the characters that are doing different tasks are doing so because you have set them to indoor tasks, and they need to be outside for your neighbors to tap on. Example: I have Comic Book Guy in court right now in my feeder town, but when I go in to the town from my main town, it shows him standing in front of the courthouse.
    I think you are mistaken. They can be tapped while indoors. If you see him outside the courthouse when visiting, it should be because his task there is finished. (Characters will also appear briefly when their valentines are tapped, then fade back inside the building.)
    OK, but if you are in a neighbors town, and all their characters are doing inside tasks, how are you seeing them to tap them?
  • adruralo
    3288 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    nitespark wrote:
    When I log into my feeder towns and visit my main town, there is a character I've never seen before. It's an old man curling
    Your not the first person who mistakenly thought it was an old man.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    slacker001 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:
    OK, but if you are in a neighbors town, and all their characters are doing inside tasks, how are you seeing them to tap them?
    Well, really, we're tapping on cards, not on characters, so I just tap on the cards I see. They show up wherever there's a character that can be tapped. (At least, I thought that was how it worked.)
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited February 2014
    The main question is: which characters can be tapped?
    I regularly find that some of my friends have visited me and tapped only one or two of my characters. Why would they do that if more are available?
    It is the same the other way round: sometimes there are no / one / two characters in a neighbour's SF that I can tap, sometimes I can tap all of them.
    We have to figure out the criteria for that...
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:

9p4m.jpg

Remember when the Simpsons went to Vancouver 2010 Olympics and played in the Curling event? That is Agnes in her curling uniform, curling. In the streets. Without a stone. :D

Without that pic, I wouldn't have believed it. I wonder if they created the skin for a different task and then thought better about it once they realized that no one in the US knows what the heck curling is.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    adruralo52 wrote:
    nitespark wrote:
    When I log into my feeder towns and visit my main town, there is a character I've never seen before. It's an old man curling
    Your not the first person who mistakenly thought it was an old man.

Nope, I clearly remember someone on this forum asking about the old guy with the metal detector :D
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    amauthe8 wrote:

9p4m.jpg

Without that pic, I wouldn't have believed it. I wonder if they created the skin for different task and then though better about it once they realized that no one in the US knows what the heck curling is.

Except for these American folks, right. LOL

4iz.gif
    tht3.jpg

The reason that episode was so memorable to me was because it took place in my city, Vancouver. :mrgreen: I don't follow curling...or any sport for that matter.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:
    Well, really, we're tapping on cards, not on characters, so I just tap on the cards I see. They show up wherever there's a character that can be tapped. (At least, I thought that was how it worked.)
    Now I know something funny is happening. I purposely put them at 8 hour tasks so that I'd know who should be inside or out, and what they should be doing. I went in to collect from the town, and Selma and Patty were supposed to be inside the DMV working, and they were outside, practically on top of each other, and one was doing the smoke break task, and the other was doing her hula dance. Snake was supposed to be inside the retirement home conning money and he was outside combing his hair. LOL now I know I didn't send him on a 45 second task.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:

9p4m.jpg

That flag is awesome!
  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:

Milhouse is chasing Lisa around the boardwalk in my game. Assuming it will be the same for everyone else.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited February 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:

9p4m.jpg

That flag is awesome!

You sure? I think they got the colours wrong.....it should be white with a red cross :P :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    amauthe8 wrote:

9p4m.jpg

That flag is awesome!

You sure? I think they got the colours wrong.....it should be white with a red cross :P :mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: No no they got it right :!: :lol:
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Finally!! I decided to move my DMV into my landing zone so I could see what was happening with Selma and Patty. As soon as I enter the town, I can see them rush out of the building and start the other tasks, so I'm thinking they do that so they will be tappable. I also saw people from surrounding buildings come out. It was actually driving me nuts LOL. What helped is I also saw it mentioned in another thread, I believe it was "not enough tappable characters for neighbors" or something to that effect.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited February 2014
    :mrgreen::mrgreen: No no they got it right :!: :lol:

Really?? :wink:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.