EA Forums - Banner

Valentines 300 donuts!

Prev1
It depends on whether you are looking for more playable characters (Shauna, Brandine, Lincoln) or trying to improve your star rating (consumerism with Howard's Flowers or gluttony with the Buffet).

The whale is probably not the best return on investment, but to each their own.

Replies

• mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm really excited about Brandine because she can have three spuckler babies, can't wait for them to be running around.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    I'm really excited about Brandine because she can have three spuckler babies, can't wait for them to be running around.

Long time to wait for them lol
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited February 2014
    Don't save the whale. :lol: it's rubbish. I always go for buildings personally as the characters are just money generators while the buildings define your town.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm tempted by Howard's, just because it's a store I don't have, and my consumerism is the only rating I still need to bump up. On the other hand, I'm tempted by Brandine and the Spuckler brood. I can't afford both.
    Or, I could just get Otto, since he was next on my list. But Otto will always be available.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Brandine is a must buy
    you get her and 3 of her kids for 100 donuts
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited February 2014
    :thumbup:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Brandine is a must buy
    she is awesome :thumbup: But I want all the children :lol:
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    are they re-releasing Lincoln?
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    :thumbup:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Brandine is a must buy
    she is awesome :thumbup: But I want all the children :lol:
    they could always release more in the future
  • gregp07
    120 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm personally leaning towards lincoln as I missed him last time... And brandine is another option that I am favouring. Does anyone know if Rex banner will be coming back as well?
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited February 2014
    Brandine is the stand-out favorite so far. I'm a long way from 100 donuts though and at the whim of my weekly Golden Scratch-Rs. Fingers crossed for a big win tomorrow morning!!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    That's the rumor. For president's day, I believe.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    That's the rumor. For president's day, I believe.

I hope they do. I was freemium only last year when they released him and missed out. I've got Brandine already and am on the fence about Shauna/up, up so I think I will wait and save my remaining donuts on the chance we get Lincoln.

Fingers crossed
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would get Up Up and Buffet (since it has 10hr tasks for multiple characters) and Howard's flowers. This is the second time Howard's Flowers has been been offered. I doubt it will be offered again. Lincoln's Cabin and Shauna are also being offered a second time. But I don't think either of them are voiced. (Which is a big minus too me. But Lincoln does come with a building. But I don't know if you mind the voiceless characters)

O'Flanagan's Pub should be offered again for the Saint Patricks day update. (I don't know if you have that) You may also want to consider that as well. O'Flanagan is voiceless but he comes with a building. (unlike Shauna)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited February 2014
    Lincoln is voiced. Just no actual dialect. Just groans and grunts.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Brandine is a must have in my opinion! Cletus hasnt eaten in a long time so for his sake... Brandine!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'd say the best bang (for your donut) would be Brandine, Shauna and Howard's Flowers. Lincoln will be 150 donuts, so that would be a large commitment for your donuts. I would also imagine he would return for 4th of July, so you can always buy more donuts around that time.

I do say to nab Shauna, since she hasn't returned for a year and extra characters yield extra cash. If you use 1 hour or 4 hours, I'd say get the Buffet instead - as she is missing those tasks. Brandine is a no brainer though.
  • gregp07
    120 posts
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I do have O'flanagans. I'm just not sure whether to get brandine cos it kinda annoys me how some characters are voiceless...
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I just got the whale. It's pretty cool how it dives under when you tap it, but 300 donuts is a little steep for it, I have 11 donuts left :roll:
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited February 2014
    Finally am going to get Shauna. I was only missing her and the Chief since I wasn't really playing much when he was up for grabs.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited February 2014
    If you don't have Lincoln, you have to get Lincoln, worth it for his 8-hour and 24-hour tasks alone. So I fully endorse a limited re-release for President's Day, it sure beats mattress sales which is all it really seems to be good for according to local TV ads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!