EA Forums - Banner

They tell u its rigged then prove it

Replies

  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited February 2014
    Cait3310 wrote:
    just spun the wheel 3 times in a row for the first time ever got fences every time, thats a 1 in 1000 possibility of getting completely f***ed, great job developers i quit go f**k yourselves youll #youllnevergetapenny

    Okay. Why is the person swearing? It's only day 2 isn't it. Still plenty of time to get everything.

    I'm curious about the rules on swearing, surely blocking out a few letters in a swear word doesn't make this okay to post? Or does it?
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    According to sources I'm not sure we're allowed to cite (although I'm sure is posted here somewhere) the probability on the fence is actually 15%. The chances now become ~3 in a 1000. Considering all the people playing the wheel, there should be quite a few people in this boat.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Cait3310 wrote:
    you want fences the item that replaces itself every time you get it go F**k yourself sir i got played literally a 1 in 1000 chance of that happening first try whats the point osf ever trying again with a 0% chance of getting anything

    1 in 1000 chance you say? I'd like to see your math sir.

    Should be 1/10, each spin is unique and not added to the other. The chance of getting the majority of the prizes is 1/10, and each spin is not based on previous spins.

    Just like flipping a coin and getting heads 3 times, each flip is unique instance with the chance of hitting heads at 50%.

    The OP is right provided that the odds of winning fences is 0.1.

    While each "spin" is unique, the odds of getting fences three times in a row is 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 = 0.001 (or 1 in a 1000).

    Improbable but not impossible. Hopefully I'll be as unlucky. I could do with 40 fences. :wink:

    Exactly. I was just supporting the OP's correct math since the other two posters need to check theirs.

    In some ways, he did just hit the "fence lottery". I would bet my house on it that he wouldn't hit fences a fourth time though.
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited February 2014
    Cait3310 wrote:
    just spun the wheel 3 times in a row for the first time ever got fences every time, thats a 1 in 1000 possibility of getting completely f***ed, great job developers i quit go f**k yourselves youll #youllnevergetapenny

    Okay. Why is the person swearing? It's only day 2 isn't it. Still plenty of time to get everything.

    I'm curious about the rules on swearing, surely blocking out a few letters in a swear word doesn't make this okay to post? Or does it?

    Actually I think the poster deliberately spelled the words with the asterisks in them because usually when I see someone swearing there is only a couple asterisks to form the word regardless of the length of swear word.

    Like *... or *... or *

    *Edit* The 3 swear words are different words, one starts with an a, the other a b, the other... well you get the point ;)
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    According to sources I'm not sure we're allowed to cite (although I'm sure is posted here somewhere) the probability on the fence is actually 15%. The chances now become ~3 in a 1000. Considering all the people playing the wheel, there should be quite a few people in this boat.

    So it's more like 1 in 300 (296.3 to be a little more precise)? Those aren't great odds by any means but a lot better than 1 in 1000.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Cait3310 wrote:
    you want fences the item that replaces itself every time you get it go F**k yourself sir i got played literally a 1 in 1000 chance of that happening first try whats the point osf ever trying again with a 0% chance of getting anything

    1 in 1000 chance you say? I'd like to see your math sir.

    Should be 1/10, each spin is unique and not added to the other. The chance of getting the majority of the prizes is 1/10, and each spin is not based on previous spins.

    Just like flipping a coin and getting heads 3 times, each flip is unique instance with the chance of hitting heads at 50%.

    Actually the odds on a coin flip is 51% - 49%
  • 1WngdAngel271
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Cait3310 wrote:
    you want fences the item that replaces itself every time you get it go F**k yourself sir i got played literally a 1 in 1000 chance of that happening first try whats the point osf ever trying again with a 0% chance of getting anything

    1 in 1000 chance you say? I'd like to see your math sir.

    Should be 1/10, each spin is unique and not added to the other. The chance of getting the majority of the prizes is 1/10, and each spin is not based on previous spins.

    Just like flipping a coin and getting heads 3 times, each flip is unique instance with the chance of hitting heads at 50%.

    It's not a 1 in 10 chance. We all went over this during Christmas. They're all waited differently, get over it.
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    According to sources I'm not sure we're allowed to cite (although I'm sure is posted here somewhere) the probability on the fence is actually 15%. The chances now become ~3 in a 1000. Considering all the people playing the wheel, there should be quite a few people in this boat.

    So it's more like 1 in 300 (296.3 to be a little more precise)? Those aren't great odds by any means but a lot better than 1 in 1000.

    Exactly. I prefer your method of rounding to mine. I normalized the denominator to 1000, which lost a lot more information than your normalizing the numerator to 1. Kudos.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Cait3310 wrote:
    you want fences the item that replaces itself every time you get it go F**k yourself sir i got played literally a 1 in 1000 chance of that happening first try whats the point osf ever trying again with a 0% chance of getting anything

    1 in 1000 chance you say? I'd like to see your math sir.

    Should be 1/10, each spin is unique and not added to the other. The chance of getting the majority of the prizes is 1/10, and each spin is not based on previous spins.

    Just like flipping a coin and getting heads 3 times, each flip is unique instance with the chance of hitting heads at 50%.

    It's not a 1 in 10 chance. We all went over this during Christmas. They're all waited differently, get over it.

    Did you miss the actual weights? The train is 5%, and one thing is 15%. The rest are 10%. So, yeah it's pretty close to 1/10.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wheel odds for those that missed it...
    j5yt.jpg
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    ^ pretty funny how I'm missing the easiest item on the list. I assume by the end of the weekend I'll have it.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    Considering that 2 items on the Holiday Wheel had odds of under 2% and 4 items under 5%.

    This wheel is certainly less rigged...
    zres.jpg
  • loonytune15
    122 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've cleared the wheel, and got multiples of everything but the fences. and thats the one I want...
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited February 2014
    That picture of the wheel odds most likely will get deleted.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    where are you guys placing the fences?

    screenshot?
  • pattih504
    13 posts
    edited February 2014
    I keep getting the goofy train. I need more fences & I really like the lamp-posts, so I hope I get enough of those before the event ends. If I keep getting trains I just hope EA considers giving us rail-way tracks in the future. :wink:
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure we will all have enough time to get all we need.
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I want ALL THE THINGS!!! (spoken like allie brosh)

    I have yet to get a fence piece, but I cannot wait!! I love that we get all this stuff for free and it's so fun!! I also need the train and the pond. I'm having a great time decorating my little valentine section.

    And also, I'm also loving the tiny animations for when the characters receive valentines.
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    So glad they brought another style fence to use.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited February 2014
    pattih504 wrote:
    I keep getting the goofy train. I need more fences & I really like the lamp-posts, so I hope I get enough of those before the event ends. If I keep getting trains I just hope EA considers giving us rail-way tracks in the future. :wink:

    Have you seen the awesome multiplier the goofy train gives you? I'll take 100 of them please.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.