EA Forums - Banner

Land or aspirationals?

No idea what stage you are in the game. Assuming max level with over a million cash

Keep at least a million in reserve for new updates, you'll kick yourself if you have to wait to save up cash.
I'd go land. The aspirational items aren't that great (elevator and zirconia are cool). When you've got all the land then buy them as you said.
Good idea to wait until you've got all the land though :thumbup:

I have 5.5mil in the bank. Still got land to buy (I buy as I need) and I don't have the zirconia,Popsicle or magnifier

Replies

• jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes max level. But not so much cash as I keep saving up like 600-800k then just blowing it all on land. I did have to save up to get the courthouse recently, it was a little annoying but meh. I can't fathom redesigning my town without all of the land, just feels like it would be another temp setup (granted I know I'll never have a final final setup). I think I'll try to put a nice chunk of cash aside as you've suggested (Springfield national bank please!) then continue buying land and try to keep the aspirationals in mind while setting it all up.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited February 2014
    I went first for the land. It was vital for my town to have space and hopefully they will release a couple of strips soon.

The aspirational items can wait and believe me it’s better once you have a few millions. Preferably always the double amount of what you intend to buy, as new updates might drain you really quickly.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Land. I find some of those aspirationals to be hideous and will never buy them.
  • sarahstown
    69 posts
    edited February 2014
    I usually go for land to the point where I have a few spots free for new buildings, then save for an aspirational. Usually within events too, where cash isn't so important - first half of event I buy land, second half I save for an aspirational. That is if I'm not frantically buying weather stations to try and get more donuts.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited February 2014
    ok...i'm right at that spot right now. i decided to get the Sunsphere, because i've always wanted that, but i didn't realize that it was a 3 day build, so i could actually save and get 6-7 plots of land in the time it took for the sunsphere to build. i just built it like an hour ago, so now i'm gonna focus on land for a while, and i'm finally getting around to building my squidport.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Land first.

That's my plan. Except for the sunsphere. That gives Martin, Milhouse, Nelson, and Bart 16 hour tasks that I use a lot. but otherwise, the other ones are meh.
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Which did you go for first? I'm holding out on doing a town-wide overhaul unill I have all the land, but that still leaves me in a quandary about the aspirationals. Do I just go for the land and either leave space for them to be put in later or just fit them in when I get them?
    Conquering all the land will likely be more satisfying and productive than getting the aspirationals along the way. Unless you really have an affinity toward one of them (perhaps the Sunsphere), you have to go land before you can accomplish that "town-wide" redesign. As mcduck said, they can wait.

I'm sure you have the land price map, but just in case:
    IFSDTsDl.jpg
    drumnman wrote:
    Land. I find some of those aspirationals to be hideous and will never buy them.
    They can be difficult to incorporate into a "real" town or tough to design with, but "hideous" might be a bit dramatic. I like "meh." :D

(Though their easiest design looks like this):
    Tqvycqal.jpg
    After they're built, the real fun begins!
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • rgt36
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    land. aspirationals turn into wastes of land
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Buy land. I said during the earlier stages of my game that I wouldnt buy the aspirationals, because the looked rubbish. But eventually you will get to the point when there isnt much to do, then you buy them just to use the cash :(
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited February 2014
    I will never understand why players buy aspirationals before acquiring all the land.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited February 2014
    I will never understand why players buy aspirationals before acquiring all the land.

Because they are nice looking amd entertaining as opposed to some boring land we don't even need yet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!