EA Forums - Banner

More Land and Houses are needed...

ditto. i had to remove my lakes today. MY LAKES!!

Replies

• DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    rgt36 wrote:

The horror!!

;)
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wholeheartedly agree. Been playing since the re release and have everything that has been released bar Mt Carlmore. For a player such as myself there is simply no more room.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have the same thoughts. I don't have everything, and I don't have tons of excessive decor but I will be out of room soon. I do have some multiples, because there's more than one McDonald's in most places and more than one convenience store. With all the great things EA has put out, what is the hold up with allowing more land? And with all the boats and other ocean dwellers, I will be out of ocean, too. I love this game and the updates, and I normally don't complain much, but we do need more land and ocean and SP tiles. Please EA......please?
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    rgt36 wrote:

LOL…. I've been chipping away at my lakes for weeks… NOT happy about it. We need more land AND more water!
  • bps21
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    The indolence rating is the biggest problem for me. If they'd lower it or make houses more valuable I could delete a strip of repeating houses. Right now I have 4 streets of houses...I'd happily delete one freeing up more land if I didn't need all the houses for that rating.
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    bps21 wrote:
    The indolence rating is the biggest problem for me. If they'd lower it or make houses more valuable I could delete a strip of repeating houses. Right now I have 4 streets of houses...I'd happily delete one freeing up more land if I didn't need all the houses for that rating.

Agreed.

My preference would be for them to release Apu and Manjula's apartment building, as well as increase the point value for the existing apartment buildings (Spinster Apts, etc), the logic being that multiple people live in multiple units in those buildings.

It may also be beneficial to EA as doing so may reduce at least some house farming (big maybe), which may reduce some of the space being used on the game's servers. Which will also be helpful when and if they do release more land, which will tax the servers further. I think that may be why new land hasn't been released yet as I'd wager they're working on streamlining the code some to make the game run smoother. The Valentine's update definitely seemed to fix the crashing issue I'd run into when visiting Krustyland.
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    Just wanted to revive this from a few days back, hopefully in an effort to get EA to release another land expansion or two (along the right edge of our town) and more a Indolence raising houses and apartment buildings.

They're sorely needed, and probably the most often requested additions to the game.
  • carpediem116
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    +1
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    rgt36 wrote:

I laughed so hard at this. :lol:
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    DIrishBdo wrote:
    I personally refuse to use doubles of houses (or the Krusty Burger or Kwik E Mart), so while I have 5 star ratings in every other category, I've only got 3 stars in Indolence at Lvl 38.

I've seen this said before and to me its a bit odd. Why not have more than one of each house?

I try to make my Springfield look like a real town and I've personally never been in a town or city that had all unique houses. In fact most newer subdivisions have almost identical houses so having mutiples of the same house in my town doesn't bother me at all. Its also pretty rare to see only one convenience store or fast food place in a real town so again that doesn't bother me at all. The small town I grew up with has two Tim Horton's. LOL

I'm not criticising, just curious.

With all that said I completely agree that we need more variety of houses in our Springfields.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'd be okay if the developers didn't release a new character every update. Sometimes it would be nice just to get a housing/decoration update with new houses to build, new decorations and new land. I think EA assumes we want new characters, and we do but it doesn't have to be every update. A housing update would be welcome.
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited February 2014

And just like the second post on that page says:

"The squeaky wheel get the grease."

Hoping the continued requests will get them to do both.

Also, I'm not only requesting more land, but more houses/apt buildings, so at least this thread is slightly more original.

DIrishBdo wrote:
    I personally refuse to use doubles of houses (or the Krusty Burger or Kwik E Mart), so while I have 5 star ratings in every other category, I've only got 3 stars in Indolence at Lvl 38.

I've seen this said before and to me its a bit odd. Why not have more than one of each house?

I try to make my Springfield look like a real town and I've personally never been in a town or city that had all unique houses. In fact most newer subdivisions have almost identical houses so having mutiples of the same house in my town doesn't bother me at all. Its also pretty rare to see only one convenience store or fast food place in a real town so again that doesn't bother me at all. The small town I grew up with has two Tim Horton's. LOL

I'm not criticising, just curious.

With all that said I completely agree that we need more variety of houses in our Springfields.

I don't reuse houses or doubles of Kwik-E-Mart or Krusty Burger because I don't like the way it looks, most importantly. Secondly, as someone who's been playing since August 2012 and bought everything, I can assure you I don't have much extra space for doubles of houses or those two stores. And I don't go overboard on decorating, as I still have space for 10-12 more buildings, but within 3-4 more level/holiday updates, I'll probably be maxed out on space.

But yeah, owning and keeping even just 1 of every building and decoration will use up the vast majority of the available space, and then taking into account the decorations of which multiples make sense (fences, trees, bushes, flowers, parking lots, etc), that definitely takes up room.

So yeah, having all the buildings and decorations will fill up your town.

I'm also trying to recreate the actual Springfield layout in my town, which is another reason I don't use multiples of the same house. Generally the houses on the show are individualized and not repeated. Granted there are at least two KEM's and KB's in the show's SF, but space is at a premium and I'd prefer to keep that space open for future new buildings instead of doubling up on buildings I already have.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    rgt36 wrote:
    :lol::lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!