EA Forums - Banner

Past LT Items

Got the Mapple Store but missed the other 2. Would like to see a return but it's also cool to have something unique that no one else has. :)

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6359 posts Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Anything is possible. They have brought back other LT items before, so there's always a chance.

1. The Super Collider was part of the Treehouse of Horror episode from Season 24 just like the Black Hole & the Mayan God/Mayan Calendar. These are considered episode tie-ins. None of these items were brought back during Halloween 2013.

2. Mapple Store was free during Christmas 2012 & then available for donuts after the event & was removed entirely once the game was made available to non-Apple users.

3. Cool Brown House & Cool Homer skin was a episode tie-in for the 2012 Season 24 episode "The Day the Earth stood Cool"

Since other episode tie-ins have returned(Duff Racer, Swanky Fish, Fat Tony, etc...) there's always the chance the others can too. In the case of the Mapple Store, that one particular item may in fact be "retired" due to the fact that at the time when it was released, the game was exclusive to Apple's App Store only. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that

I do hope that when they do re-release the Cool Brown House & Mapple Store for other users, that they release Terrence & Steve Mobbs as playable characters.
  • AllenDelic
    161 posts
    edited February 2014
    Cool, thanks.
    Lets hope for the best.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I could see them possibly bringing back the Supercollider if the real one were to become a hot news topic again.

Mapple just isn't as hot a topic as it was pre-2012 when they were dominating the mobile market, especially following the passing of Steve Mobs. Maybe we'll see a Moogle building in the future. :lol:

Cool Brown House if EA just wants to squeeze some more money out of the game.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited February 2014
    AllenDelic wrote:
    Referring to:
    Mapple Store
    Super Collider
    Cool Brown House

Will these EVER come back? Is there any chance?
    Hate myself for not playing whilst these items were available... -_-

I'm going to be horribly selfish and say "I hope not". I totally understand why you'd want them, but having a few oddments sitting around that you can only get by being a long-time player is a nice touch. Premium players get to flaunt their whales and SPRINGFIELD signs; long-time players get to have "Cool Homer" show off his fixie and style his goatee. Stick around and you'll have neat stuff newbies won't get and you'll be able to enjoy the same thing.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I will pay pretty much any donut amount for a Mapple store. Ya hear that EA??
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    They brought back the duff racer, so anything is possible. :D
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    I'm going to be horribly selfish and say "I hope not". I totally understand why you'd want them, but having a few oddments sitting around that you can only get by being a long-time player is a nice touch. Premium players get to flaunt their whales and SPRINGFIELD signs; long-time players get to have "Cool Homer" show off his fixie and style his goatee. Stick around and you'll have neat stuff newbies won't get and you'll be able to enjoy the same thing.
    First, I'm glad you understand that your attitude is "horribly selfish."

Second, I do already have things that some of my neighbors do not have. I started playing shortly after the app came to kindle, so I have the Nighthawk Diner. I've seen some lovely people who are good neighbors to me wish they had it. I get no satisfaction from this. I wish they had it, too. I wish I could see their designs of it and know they were happy to have something I know they wanted. I wish everyone could get the Nighthawk Diner if they want it.

I have zero comprehension for the self-satisfied attitude of "haha, I have something you don't have, that makes me better than you." No, it doesn't. We're not in elementary school. Get over yourself.
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I will pay pretty much any donut amount for a Mapple store. Ya hear that EA??

But surely not 300 doughnuts! That's for too much for any single item!! :lol:
  • edited February 2014
    I would love the cool brown house.. dont really want the mapple store as im an android user and i feel only apple users should get that but id do anything for the cool brown house and cool homer.. excuse my lack of creativity here but they are so COOL
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would really like Springfield falls. Such a nice decoration.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd pay whatever, too, EA. I say it's time for re-release of LT items. You do it on Pogo!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.