EA Forums - Banner

how are you guys getting enough donuts to buy brandine?

Prev1
Google play store gift cards I got for Christmas.

Replies

• brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    I buy my donuts. Some people save them up from tasks, leveling up, etc. took me about 2 months to get to level 38/buy every item.
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited February 2014
    yeah 20$ for 300 donuts isnt too crazy I guess. just wondering if there is a better way than not spending 20$

I seen one friends farm and it literally had about 300 white houses only... whats with that? just a major money maker or what?
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    yeah 20$ for 300 donuts isnt too crazy I guess. just wondering if there is a better way than not spending 20$

I seen one friends farm and it literally had about 300 white houses only... whats with that? just a major money maker or what?
    House farming is one way to make major money and XP.
  • Shortyy01
    243 posts
    edited February 2014
    I got my donuts at christmas when there was the Gil sale on.
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I take a chance by buying golden scratcher cards. I've won 100 donuts twice during the Xmas event.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It's all about the moneyyyy :mrgreen:
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm a grownup with a job, that's how.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm a grownup with a job, that's how.

Good for you :roll:
  • NaYoung763
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Gil...

BTW where is he??? Any idea on next time he appears?
  • LillyLove13
    75 posts
    edited February 2014
    I brought some at christmas during the christmas donut offer I saved most of them for something decent I don't buy them often so every so often a few £ doesn't bother me much I never buy boatloads etc I save them other then that
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    For non-physical cash spending, house farming, and weather station building are a good way to get XP, but if you're a high level player, this takes FOREVER.

I use to win iTunes gift cards though a rewards program at work, now that the government shut down my workplace, no more of that.

You can try online contests, I've won a few.

Or wait for a sale. Most retailers will put gift cards on for 50$ for 40$. Then wait for Gil to come about and make a killing.
  • carpediem116
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It's so nice having the Red Cross and an Apple store down the block.

I just donated a pint of blood, got the money and exchanged it for an iTune gift card.

Came home, activate my card, bought the donuts, get brandine, the whale and used the donuts to speed rush through to get the three kids.

Now off to sleep I go to replenish the plasma I lost for the next update. :-)

But to be serious for a second. I've played since September of 2012 and found myself already spending $300 on this game. Yes, I keep a tab (not hard, 3 boatloads).

What I like about this game is it is never ending. It's ever changing with the updates and your own designs (like minecraft but with Homer :-) ). I am still not done with my squidport tiles.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    how often are there donut sales? just Christmas?
  • allonsyalonsodt
    26 posts
    edited February 2014
    I buy donuts. I've bought 2 boatloads so far over the past 9 months. The first boatload, I wasted about 300 speeding up tasks/accidentally buying a duplicate item that cost 60 donuts. I'm being very careful now. A boatload lasts me a very long time, so it's worth it.

I only buy donuts when I get extra money, like on my b-day or holidays. The last boatload I got was when Gil had his special deal. I got some money and a gift card for X-mas so I used that.

I owe a thanks to my family for unknowingly feeding my obsession!
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited February 2014
    As Brandine is a limited time character, to be specific, cash I'd think!

You'd have needed to be playing a while to have saved enough donuts from playing the game to have enough for any premium item and with the way things are going the premium items are going to keep going up in cost.

The only discounts given for donuts as far as I can recall where via a Gil offer over the last 2 Christmas themed events, but please correct me if I am wrong!
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited February 2014
    what does gil do?

is there a wikipedia type page for tapped out, where it says every detail on every item, which are the best, etc....?
  • surfcitypeg
    76 posts
    edited February 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    what does gil do?

is there a wikipedia type page for tapped out, where it says every detail on every item, which are the best, etc....?

Gil sometimes sells donuts at a discount, or sells premium items such as 3 for the price of one. No telling when this will happen. As for the rest there is the FAQ section in this forum, you can do a search here, or there are 3rd party tip websites (believe them at your own risk)
  • laurianric18
    224 posts
    edited February 2014
    Well.....
    I was saving for Frink, and I had 106 donuts saved up slooooooooowly since about November 1, then Brandine showed up and ruined me. Sigh. Guess I'm a sucker for a girl what kin handle a rifle. :wink:
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I've been saving since Halloween for Duffman but I blew my money on Brandine and Kearney instead.
  • general003969
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Im rich
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!