EA Forums - Banner

before you buy a whale... a challenge

Prev13
i would ask the same for EA... do it EA with all the money we give you. donate a part of it. Since apparently you can't even fix a damn constant crashing game at least do something good

Replies

• katehutson
    544 posts
    edited February 2014
    snyder712 wrote:
    300 donuts for a decoration without tasks or earnings. It doesn't blow donuts out its blowhole... nothing.

I want to challenge some people. I live by a rule that any frivolous money i spend on myself i match and give to people who have nothing. I made this decision after visiting an orphanage in Ukraine and seeing a bunch of 3 year old orphans playing in diapers and adult-size t-shirts. When I asked why they were wearing such big shirts, the worker told me it is because that will be their one play shirt until they are 18. There are countless people who didn't ask for the hand they've been dealt.

$19.99 for a whale - go for it. But challenge yourself to grow a whale-size heart and make a difference in the world.

Lol I didn't buy the whale, I bought a cake.
    #*
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    I bought a whale. I have my own sad story & don't need yours. How dare you
  • Seananners99
    5 posts
    edited February 2014
    I have 3 whales :P
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    "How dare him?" - I support his message and condemn your snide comment Bren. If he wants to promote making this world a better place then who are you to use your broken history to crush his? I have a sad story too but it doesn't hold me back from being a better person! Keep your daddy issues to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

You know, bren, that's seems harsh. OP has a point, although its presented in a bit if a condescending way. It's always a good thing to get a little perspective on a virtual game. OP's heart is in the right place, you don't have to take his comment as a personal affront.

To OP, I would suggest that thus isn't really game discussion, if I were to make this kind of post, I would put it in off-topic. But I think your challenge is a nice idea
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

Proof that we just can't have nice things on the Internet. Bren, you could have just ignored this post instead of harshing the OP's vibe.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2014
    How about donating time wasted posting on the Internet to serving meals at a soup kitchen? I'm not gonna do that, but I'm gonna let myself feel superior just for suggesting it.
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    ,,+1 :P
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    "How dare him?" - I support his message and condemn your snide comment Bren. If he wants to promote making this world a better place then who are you to use your broken history to crush his? I have a sad story too but it doesn't hold me back from being a better person! Keep your daddy issues to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow sad story doesn't equal daddy issues. Who here bets ehoffa21 got diddled by daddy?
    Also, I'm all for giving to the poor that's why I get taxed up the **** in Commiefornia to take care of the "heroes" who were on their second pregnancy while still in high school. First world problems FTW!!1!
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    How about donating time wasted posting on the Internet to serving meals at a soup kitchen? I'm not gonna do that, but I'm gonna let myself feel superior just for suggesting it.

I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna feel good about thinking I might maybe do that...but instead going to a movie.
  • sackXchange
    129 posts
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

I agree. I'm sure everyone here knows there are charities out there and are perfectly capable of deciding whether to give or not to give without having to come here and deal with solicitors. Challenge not accepted. Spend your money any way that pleases you just don't make suggestions on how I should spend mine.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:

:roll:

Btw, I did foster parenting for 17 years while my husband served 20 yrs in the navy.
  • Topher0220
    83 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bren1960? Then why such a bold in your face statement? That was not called for when someone that should care about a great story like the one above was sharing. Shame on you !
  • Topher0220
    83 posts
    edited February 2014
    I cleaned out my closet today to make room for a new addition to my family. After reading op s story i wish I could fly my shirts that I'm going to give away to good will to his/ her area to help those great kids!!!
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    I already do heaps for my local community...

I collect for Salvation Army on Red Shield Appeal day.
    I volunteer my time each weekend to umpire/referee kids sport for free. (with parents only thanking me with abuse over the sidelines)
    I even offer PC repair services to struggling families at a quarter of the going rate.

I don't need the OP to tell me how to live my life.
  • andyseidem34
    102 posts
    edited February 2014
    Tried hard to forget this posting as I bought whale and have a widowed mother that could of useded the money. I also need a manicure and pedicure. Tough call. Lol :-o
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Yikes, this is a sensitive subject. The OP's intention may be for the greater good but I think the reason why these threads aren't taken too kindly is because they could be seen as the OP suggesting that we don't already have whale sized hearts and contribute to the world and those in need. The truth of the matter is we are all strangers to eachother, we have no idea what situation the person who posted before us or after us is in, or what they spend their money on, what charities they donate to etc and it really isn't anyones business or place to assume. I think we should all just go on our merry way.
  • andyseidem34
    102 posts
    edited February 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    Yikes, this is a sensitive subject. The OP's intention may be for the greater good but I think the reason why these threads aren't taken too kindly is because they could be seen as the OP suggesting that we don't already have whale sized hearts and contribute to the world and those in need. The truth of the matter is we are all strangers to eachother, we have no idea what situation the person who posted before us or after us is in, or what they spend their money on, what charities they donate to etc and it really isn't anyones business or place to assume. I think we should all just go on our merry way.
    felt sick actualy over this topic. Should of been pulled, feeling guilty all day about this. I don't even like my whale.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I personally think it's a crappy post. Giving to charities is totally fine. I have an auto draft out of my bank account each for charity. I don't really appreciate the holier than thou tone....like anyone who spends money on a game is some type of selfish *. Totally uncalled for. This is a game discussion for fun.

Oh, and I have 2 whales. Might get another.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Topher0220 wrote:
    Bren1960? Then why such a bold in your face statement? That was not called for when someone that should care about a great story like the one above was sharing. Shame on you !

Because this isn't the place. Shame on me...lol ok, I had a good laugh & feel much better now. It's story time.
    I ran across a homeless man today after shopping. My daughter gave home what she had, $14.00. I think the next time you see a homeless person I challenge you to make a matching donation. Skip going to a movie or dinner, etc.
    I had a chance to enjoy something and I do. I'm awesome. Plain and simple.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.