EA Forums - Banner

Love and hate

Don't feel bad Jfcal2005, I live in the US and don't make those big USD either. I just enjoy the game for what it is. I'd like to buy a boatload of doughnuts, but can't afford it either. I've saved up enough free doughnuts to be able to buy a small, decent premium item, then I'll be doughnut broke again for a long time.

Just don't let it bother you and enjoy it for what it is. :D

Replies

• sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I think it's a valid argument, though I'm not sure EA will ever do anything about it.

If you want to think of it in relative terms:
    Let's say in the United States, "Bob" makes $30,000 a year . Monthly, that is $2,500. If a Boatload of donuts costs half of what a person from Thailand makes in a month, that same Boatload in the United states would cost Bob $1,250.

Good luck trying to justify that purchase to the wife, Bob.

As much as the OP desires to enhance his gaming experience, he won't ever have the opportunity to do so. Unless he starts selling drugs... Is that what you want, EA?

Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • jfcal2005
    52 posts
    edited February 2014
    Yes not only for my country but any developing country like mine with a weak currency should have donuts at a lower price..
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I had to look at that a few times. 4010.77 at first I thought was in US dollars. Crazy!

Even converting it to CAD, you get the short end. A boatload for us (before 13% sales tax) is 99.99$.

If I converted right, the boatload would be 135.47 CAD. Absolutely nuts!
  • jfcal2005
    52 posts
    edited February 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    I had to look at that a few times. 4010.77 at first I thought was in US dollars. Crazy!

Even converting it to CAD, you get the short end. A boatload for us (before 13% sales tax) is 99.99$.

If I converted right, the boatload would be 135.47 CAD. Absolutely nuts!

WOW i didnt even try to convert but that's amazing!
    Us who are making less money than the rest of the world have to pay something like 20% more !!

• SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited February 2014
    Really like the game but the price of donuts is way too much, you would think EA would make it so if you bought the highest amount of donuts you've pay'd for the full game and wouldn't need to pay again.

£70 for donuts is the most expensive game i know of and you don't even get everything for that, i think if you pay £70 you should get something that generates donuts like a donut factory that gives you donuts everyday.

And £14 for a whale is EA out of their minds, or is it just all the people who just pay whatever price EA sticks on things.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!