EA Forums - Banner

Ha, I was promoted

Prev1
That's cool. I'm on another forum that makes it a mystery when or if you can ever have an avatar. :wink:

Replies

• MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am trying to post as much as i can, but how else can i get promoted.. I want to have an avatar real bad... I feel naked!! :shock:
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The email just said due to activity, not sure how else. I know you have to have no inflammatory messages or be a general ahold...I also have a few games other than this, two other profiles, one for Mass Effect and another one for the Wii...so who knows. I just cannot believe I have been naked without avatar all this time, and probably be a bit before I get one in an airport now
  • tantce
    59 posts
    edited December 2012
    A message I got from an admin said it would be around your 300th post or 3 month. Maybe they went on a promoting spree in October? :D
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've got over 100 posts and haven't been promoted so obviously it's not quantity that counts.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know who I/we can appeal to? mod? or someone?
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:
    I've got over 100 posts and haven't been promoted so obviously it's not quantity that counts.

If what tantce has said is true, you have roughly 180 more posts to go.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    That doesn't bode well for me, but others have less then 300 even 200 posts and they have avatars <??> so sounds like its who ya know not what you know ;)
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have 153, now 154 posts, definitely not quantity. Funny, I was doing a search on this last night too, there is a decent amount of info on it here, all of it inconclusive on how one gets promoted.
  • tantce
    59 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think quality may be a piece of the puzzle too. Someone who spams the forum to get 300 posts is obviously not going to be promoted over someone with 100-200ish posts that are devoted to quality discussion and helping out other players.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    I have 153, now 154 posts, definitely not quantity. Funny, I was doing a search on this last night too, there is a decent amount of info on it here, all of it inconclusive on how one gets promoted.

Lets just keep talking about it until we get promoted :lol: Couldn't me as annoying as all the "add me" threads :roll: lol
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Guess it will happen when it happens then! :lol: Patience grasshopper.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    I personally don't care about an avitar, but I would like to quote people, post links and post pictures. Those are odd things to not be allowed and make the forum experience sub-par.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    What exactly does being promoted mean/get you? Obviously an avatar, but anything beyond that?

Just curious...I'm new to the forum, obviously (but not to the game itself...) and am trying to learn the ins and outs. :D
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    What exactly does being promoted mean/get you? Obviously an avatar, but anything beyond that?

Just curious...I'm new to the forum, obviously (but not to the game itself...) and am trying to learn the ins and outs. :D

It makes the quote above me look like a quote on any other forum and like those who have been promoted rather than just text.
  • bbeam1249
    99 posts
    edited December 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:
    I personally don't care about an avitar, but I would like to quote people, post links and post pictures. Those are odd things to not be allowed and make the forum experience sub-par.

Yeah, I've never seen a forum do something like that before. I can understand not being able to use some BBC, like links and video, but not be able to quote? That's just odd and pretty annoying.

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The ability to embed pictures into messages and I believe quoting from what someone just said in this thread, hard to say, I have always seen those there but I have been promoted for 6 weeks, so who knows.

Also it gets you a free hotel night in the city of your choice and a years worth of free massage.

• H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    It is odd that you can't quote people properly and can not embed pictures. Every forum that I have ever been on has given the user that function from the start.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    It is odd that you can't quote people properly and can not embed pictures. Every forum that I have ever been on has given the user that function from the start.

Totally agree... and this is the first and only place to not allow an avatar from the get go...
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    MacJiggles wrote:

Totally agree... and this is the first and only place to not allow an avatar from the get go...

I even uploaded one and it's in my profile when I go look but not adding it when I post. Oh well!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!