EA Forums - Banner

Decorations to Boost Consumerism. Pretty please?

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I don't get why food carts don't raise consumerism. You'd think they would but they don't. :?
    I think it makes sense that they (mostly) boost gluttony, since they're food. I don't expect restaurants to boost consumerism, and they're basically tiny mobile restaurants. I'm totally okay with this, since the food carts are why I have five stars for gluttony. I just think something similar for consumerism would be ideal. Advertisements or shopping carts would be my personal choice, but anything the devs wanted to do would be great, so long as it was a small-ish decoration for in-game cash.
    True that!

Maybe they should add small venders that sell souvenirs to boost consumerism.
    That would totally work! Especially on squidport, I think. It would be neat if they had a little animation.
    First lets first get them to actually give us a deco that'll boost consumerism, then we can talk about animations haha :lol::lol::lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited April 2014
    I never really check my star ratings, but I did because of this thread - and consumerism is the one thing I don't have 5 stars on, I only have 4. So I agree, shopping cart or bust!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Shopping cart would pretty much be perfect. I wish they'd introduced one with the grocery store, as it would have fit in nicely.

Something I'd really like to see, actually, would be some kind of decoration update, with reorganized and categorized menus, and some of the more requested items released.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    One frustrating thing is that I have all these 5 star ratings and my one 4.5 star rating, and my overall town rating is still 4.5 stars. Blarg.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    One frustrating thing is that I have all these 5 star ratings and my one 4.5 star rating, and my overall town rating is still 4.5 stars. Blarg.

Exactly the same! :x
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I had achieved 5 stars for quite awhile, but all of a sudden my consumerism dropped to 4 1/2 stars. I HAVE purchased almost all the premium stores, have the carts, vending machines, several quick e marts.....so ****.? Why am I getting ripped off?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    shawn59736 wrote:
    I had achieved 5 stars for quite awhile, but all of a sudden my consumerism dropped to 4 1/2 stars. I HAVE purchased almost all the premium stores, have the carts, vending machines, several quick e marts.....so ****.? Why am I getting ripped off?
    Requirements commonly go up when a new level is added.
    Also, vending machines and carts are currently not contributing to your consumerism (hence this thread begging for a decoration that will.)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    So I have my main Kwik e mart, four that are hidden, and when I built two more it put me at five stars.
    5e15ac8b-e891-484e-aaff-dde8aefe99c6_zps47b2f4c5.png

They're in storage, though, because there's no good place for them. I hope easter brings some new stores, or I might have to spend my remaining donuts on sprawl mart.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Same here! Pretty annoying.

Just let Gil walk around permanetly. He acts as a npc, just walking around, but when you tap him he gives you a deal so he would count as a shop. That would boost my consumerism.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Same here! Pretty annoying.

Just let Gil walk around permanetly. He acts as a npc, just walking around, but when you tap him he gives you a deal so he would count as a shop. That would boost my consumerism.
    I'm not sure that would be enough, though it's an amusing idea (to me, at least. There are plenty of people who would scream their heads off at a lack of tasks for Gil.)
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    They could show a little Android parity by offering a Googolplex. Tie that in with a reissue of the Mapple store.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    They could show a little Android parity by offering a Googolplex. Tie that in with a reissue of the Mapple store.
    YES please!
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Could be that some of the new Easter items will boost consumerism. Surely the Block Store will at least be one.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:
    Could be that some of the new Easter items will boost consumerism. Surely the Block Store will at least be one.
    Yes, I am pretty stoked for the blocko store. There's also the candy, puppies and fireworks store, which unfortunately is donuts, but cheaper than a lot of premium stores. I'll probably have to get that.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    bonsol17 wrote:
    Yes, I am pretty stoked for the blocko store. There's also the candy, puppies and fireworks store, which unfortunately is donuts, but cheaper than a lot of premium stores. I'll probably have to get that.
    I'm not sure if CP&F contributes to consumerism, the symbol above it is a wod of cash not a till?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    bonsol17 wrote:
    I'm not sure if CP&F contributes to consumerism, the symbol above it is a wod of cash not a till?
    But it's a store :?

Android's Dungeon also has cash, and it definitely contributes to consumerism. (If I put it in storage my rating drops.) Can anyone confirm whether this is true for candy, puppies and fireworks?
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    fluffling wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    bonsol17 wrote:
    But it's a store :?

Android's Dungeon also has cash, and it definitely contributes to consumerism. (If I put it in storage my rating drops.) Can anyone confirm whether this is true for candy, puppies and fireworks?

Yes it does 10 points towards Consumerism plus it's cheaper than the try and save and also someone said it gives Ralph a 2hr task
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Yes it does 10 points towards Consumerism plus it's cheaper than the try and save and also someone said it gives Ralph a 2hr task
    Do you have it and did you check to make sure the rating dropped without it? Because the stupid billboard also supposedly contributes 10 points to consumerism, but when I bought it and stored one of my KEMs, the rating dropped, and now storing it doesn't do anything to my rating even though I'm just barely at five stars. Feel like I wasted thirty donuts on that stupid thing.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    I can't get on I looked it up on tstotricks.com
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I can't get on
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.