EA Forums - Banner

Better game success for players early in the alphabet

2Next

Replies

  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I'm aware of the alphabetical listings now, so i devised a **** plan...

    those that visit and tap regularly in my town get top priority and will be first (5 hearts), when that 30 actions is used up, 4 hearts after that, i then work alphabetically until i'm done. i know it may sound unfair, but i think it's right to do it that way as i appreciate those who do take time to visit and tap on characters in my SF :-)

    Erm ... you do know that it makes no difference to your neighbour whether you tap them first or last, don't you? The first 10 towns you make three taps in YOU receive 5 hearts per tap, your neighbour receives 2, the last 60 towns you make three taps in YOU receive 1 heart per tap, your neighbour receives 2.

    Basically, your neighbours will all ALWAYS receive 6 hearts from your visit (assuming they had three characters available to tap), regardless of how far down the list they are.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    I'm aware of the alphabetical listings now, so i devised a **** plan...

    those that visit and tap regularly in my town get top priority and will be first (5 hearts), when that 30 actions is used up, 4 hearts after that, i then work alphabetically until i'm done. i know it may sound unfair, but i think it's right to do it that way as i appreciate those who do take time to visit and tap on characters in my SF :-)

    Erm ... you do know that it makes no difference to your neighbour whether you tap them first or last, don't you? The first 10 towns you make three taps in YOU receive 5 hearts per tap, your neighbour receives 2, the last 60 towns you make three taps in YOU receive 1 heart per tap, your neighbour receives 2.

    Basically, your neighbours will all ALWAYS receive 6 hearts from your visit (assuming they had three characters available to tap), regardless of how far down the list they are.

    Ahh, didn't know that, it's my first Valentines event, so not sure how everything works out. thanks for the info :)
  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Ahh, didn't know that, it's my first Valentines event, so not sure how everything works out. thanks for the info :)

    No worries ... this isn't the same as last year's event anyway so we are all just bumbling through and finding stuff out as we go along. Hence, how grateful I always am to those who can't wait, speed everything up with donuts and then post a walkthrough to help the rest of us out.
  • TappingMan
    69 posts
    edited February 2014
    Utter foolishness. If they did a random order like before then the folks that by chance randomly ended up at the beginning of the list would have the advantage. Then those players that started with A,B,C, etc. that ended up at the end of the friend list would cry foul like you are doing now.

    Your argument is moot and doesn't exactly address the issue whatsoever. Your argument should include a workable fair solution. Such as; EA needs to have a pseudo random friend list that loads in a different order every time you access your friends list. The algorhythm would also have to be developed to take into account the friends you may not have had time to visit in the days prior.

    I guess when all is said and done, life is just not fair.

    What we had before was better. EA will end up going back to random, this isn't the first time they've switched.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Everybody on the other end gets 2. Don't know what the big deal is. I go to all 100. Don't take all that much time, plus it want them to give me 2 hearts in return. To me this is one of the lamest complaints. Usually people who have 100 go all the way through. But whatever. Just something else to complain about I guess
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I try to hit all my neighbors (when the game isn't crashing, anyway) even after I get fewer hearts for it, because I want to be fair. Many of my neighbors tap me as well, even though I'm probably somewhere in the middle of their list. I've unlocked tunnel of love, no problem, so I'm doing fine. (Wouldn't mind a couple more heart ponds, but I've got time to spin those up.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    sarahstown wrote:
    My town is an S and I'm doing just fine for neighbor visits. I set aside half an hour at night when everybody else is asleep and I'm bored to go through and get everybody - I either do them all or none. That said, I did finish the wheel tonight so I might only keep up the religious tapping for a couple of days longer, we'll see.

    I'm with you, I visit all or none. I have noticed that sometimes if I get booted before I finish visiting all my friends that the next time I load my friends it opens where I left off at so I don't have to scroll through and figure it out.
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited February 2014
    I visit all my neighbours every day but I don't usually start at the same letter. Even when I only get one heart, I continue visiting them because I know that they get two. I'm happy helping them to clear their wheels or to get some more items.
  • RMVancleav710
    3539 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I visit all friends, everyone gets 2 hearts per click anyways so I don't see a reason to not visit all the neighbors!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • atikin01
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Same here too. I go through my whole list, doesn't take that much time. Of course, depends on whether there are free characters to tap left or not. In that case I usually check the list again after some time. Just wanna be helpful :). And since I still need hearts for myself too, the reason to visit everybody remains.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited February 2014
    I think the complaint is re: lazy neighbors. IIRC, the reason for the random friends list was complaints that with an alphabetized list those at the beginning of the alphabet got more visits than those at the end. People, purportedly, would always start visiting neighbors at the beginning of their friends list, those whose user names begin with "A," then they would just quit whenever they got tired, making it so that those whose names begin with, say, "Z," would hardly get visited at all.

    So, not only in addition to reverting back to the alphabetical sorting, EA implemented another incentive to favor the first on your friends list via the descending worth of neighbor hearts. (As has been pointed out the worth only decreases for you; your neighbors all still receive 2 hearts and only 2 hearts per tap from you, no matter what.) It would seem, then, there are now two things that disincentivise (excuse the made-up word) the visiting of lower-alphabet players. However, to this I say, "****!"

    If your friends aren't visiting, replace them. If you find yourself giving some of your friends short shrift due to time constraints, pare down your friends list to a manageable number. There are ample TSTO players to gather a group of friends that make you happy with a modest effort on your part - especially with the new friends interface.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.