EA Forums - Banner

Anyone Else Taking the Bait?

Mdrew wrote:
With the developers daring us to spell swear words with the rose bushes, I was wondering if anyone was doing it.

I'm only brave enough to spell out the letter F and the letter U, and once it's done I'll probably screenshot it and break it up quickly.
How old are you? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm actually curious.
You do realize that you can write out words with many of the decos right?

Replies

• hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    One of my neighbors has "Slayer" written in rose bushes.
  • Mdrew
    23 posts
    edited February 2014
    Mdrew wrote:
    With the developers daring us to spell swear words with the rose bushes, I was wondering if anyone was doing it.

I'm only brave enough to spell out the letter F and the letter U, and once it's done I'll probably screenshot it and break it up quickly.
    How old are you? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm actually curious.
    You do realize that you can write out words with many of the decos right?

I'm 25 haha I know I'm a dork. I just found it funny that they straight up said see if you can spell swear words with them. I'm aware that one can write out words with most of the decos.
    I've also seen a ton of people complain about swear words in their neighbors towns. So why bother angering them permanently?
  • Mdrew
    23 posts
    edited February 2014
    Also, side note, this forum *s out some pretty innocuous words. Like the abbreviation for saint.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    My landing is framed with bushes. I use it as a make shift note pad for neighbors. The pumpkins make great letters and arrows.
  • Mdrew
    23 posts
    edited February 2014
    My landing is framed with bushes. I use it as a make shift note pad for neighbors. The pumpkins make great letters and arrows.

Such a good idea. I'm still leveling up, but once I have more space/ money I may have to steal that.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Mdrew wrote:
    Also, side note, this forum *s out some pretty innocuous words. Like the abbreviation for saint.
    And the term for an invasive plant, or removing such a plant from your garden. (Although I guess that one makes sense if you turn your head and squint. I really don't know why the street/saint abbreviation is an issue.)

Maybe I'll make a rose bush asterisk.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I guess I missed it....when did the devs make that dare?
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    We discussed that a couple of days ago and a thread in the showcase section was made, dedicated to swear words with rose bushes.

I havent checked yet but it wasnt sure if it will get deleted, the Mods havent decided back then how to deal with it. Might be worth checking it out (I remember having seen some funny pics already).

Btw.: dont worry, nothing will happen if you spell it out.

Edit.:
    Ninja'd by sandwedgeking
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    Mdrew wrote:

You are confused. Nowhere in that thread is the involvement of developers of TSTO. There are posts from a moderator which is not the same thing.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    Mdrew wrote:

You are confused. Nowhere in that thread is the involvement of developers of TSTO. There are posts from a moderator which is not the same thing.
    ???

What thread? This is clearly about the in-game message after growing the first batch of roses. The one that says "see if you can spell a swear word with them."
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    Mdrew wrote:

No, YOU'RE confused. In the game it popped up that we should try to spell swear words with the roses. The link is further up this thread. So yes, it did come from the devs and is nothing to do with the mods.

Pic from DarkSamus75:

23hk4ec.jpg

From the thread linked by sandwedgeking.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!