EA Forums - Banner

Valentine gift from EA: Choo Choo Train

Prev1345
They can have I back.... How about giving us 1 day of crash free play.

What a joke this company can be.

Replies

• martiansupia
    385 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    it's not donuts--but it's a choo choo- and extra bonus.
    I can't remember--what was the gift last year?
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm happy with the gift. You bunch of sour grapes :D
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    On a positive note: my mum's happy, because she does not have one yet. The wheel was not very cooperative. :D
  • hundgrejs
    43 posts
    edited February 2014
    I like the choo-choo, but I've kept my whole town taskless, hoping for a new questline that would end in something fun. A gift is a gift, but a small QL would have been more fun.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Would be even better if it would count as a winning spin for those unable to spin the train.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I'm happy with the gift. You bunch of sour grapes :D
    Well I was hoping to spin another one for the multiplier, so I am not too bummed and I'm happy my mum finally has one. Donuts would have been nice though, since I am about to spend all of mine (saved up from starting the game) on the Up Up and Buffet. :D
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Would be even better if it would count as a winning spin for those unable to spin the train.
    I think it does. Last year's also counted as a winning spin. Same with the pond.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    JcSnl wrote:
    On a positive note: my mum's happy, because she does not have one yet. The wheel was not very cooperative. :D

I'm happy too because it was the last thing that I had left on the wheel so it officially completed for me. Therefore, I also got the Tunnel of Love as a V-day "gift" too. Now I can go back to earning a pond a day and not care.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    JcSnl wrote:

I'm happy too because it was the last thing that I had left on the wheel so it officially completed for me. Therefore, I also got the Tunnel of Love as a V-day "gift" too. Now I can go back to earning a pond a day and not care.

Did you really get the Tunnel of Love with it? Even better news for a lot of people.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm so happppppy! I've wanted that darn train since this thing started and have NOT been able to get it! Now all I need left is that stupid flower cart...

But seriously I love the train, its so cute! I love the episode it was from (my current avatar). And I was able to add the train to the small (kids) park next to my Sir Putts A Lot, and it looks like part of the park, something the kids would play on. The elf home is in the park too. Looks like it fits right in!

73so.jpg
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Did you really get the Tunnel of Love with it? Even better news for a lot of people.
    She means that It was the last item she needed from the wheel, so after receiving it as a gift she completed the wheel and got the Tunnel of Love ride. My mum's not there yet, but sure helped!
  • botiacelli8
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Already have three trains and over 60 pink fence pieces and yet no fountain. Vday gift and event officially craptacular in my opinion. There's some wonderful sour grapes for valentines!
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't remember--what was the gift last year?

I'd like to know this too. I checked the wiki and it mentioned a new level being released on v-day 2013, but no gift.
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited February 2014
    Perhaps I'm just easy to please, but I think the train (or another train in some cases) is a perfectly cute free trinket.

Overall this was a neat Valentine's Day event. We got an essentially free female character (one that was originally voiced by a celebrity no less a.k.a even less likely to have been given) with a new restaurant.

It would be cool if they give something completely new to the event itself, but I like that little train. :mrgreen:
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    It's cool that it also knocks it off the wheel too. My feeder town still needed the train (in addition to 4 other things--I neglect it). My main town only had 1 (after too many spins) so it's still nice for me to get another one. Now I have one in front of both the supermarket and Sprawl mart like it's one of those small rides.
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

Guess what I just won on my very first spin of the day...

So that's three now. 6% bonus for free. Can't complain about that - even if the trains are ****.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited February 2014
    I was only needing the train to complete the wheel (my last six spins that I collected up yesterday only netted me lots of fences and a couple of lamp posts), so I'm am super elated that the gifted train given out today indeed counted towards completing the wheel, as I was beginning to think I just might not finish it in time, with my poor luck and all.

Not to decide just where in Krustyland to place the new ride. :)
  • pooeymonkey
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm happy I got the train. It reminds me of me.

Happy valentines day from pooeymonkey x
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JcSnl wrote:
    . Donuts would have been nice though, since I am about to spend all of mine (saved up from starting the game) on the Up Up and Buffet. :D
    Yeah, I just spent most of mine on Otto. More donuts is always a welcome sight. But hey, multiplier is good, too.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Yay! The ugliest decoration to have ever graced the game!

I can't complain though, it was all I needed from the wheel and after placing it I got the Tunnel of Love.
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I too got the choo choo train, but some extra hearts as well.

As I collected cards, got the normal 2 hearts, but I tapped Brandine's kids to collect the payout and got hearts. There was no card above them. I tapped Krusty when I was collecting the Kwik-E-Mart,and got hearts as well. I'm also getting hearts a second time from the same person.
    I just tapped Mindy and collected the card, tapped her again and got 2 more and the friend that had left the card, their name appeared again.
    I'm also getting hearts as I put them on tasks. A different name popped up, and some, no name at all.
    It isn't happening to all of them, so I don't know what's going on.
    At first I thought it was part of the gift, but it just appears to be some type of glitch.
    What is strange is that I'm sitting here wondering why I am surprised by this.

Update: This only happened in the town that I had to redo level 38.
    Thank you,thank you, thank you, I'm thrilled by the generous gift.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!