EA Forums - Banner

Valentine gift from EA: Choo Choo Train

Replies

• mrtreez101
    27 posts
    edited February 2014
    I won two Choo Choo trains immediately after they gave us one for free,.then the pool right after that lol. So that's 5 Choo Choo's and 3 pools.

Now I'm over 100% bonus to all money and XP :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11556 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't remember--what was the gift last year?

I'd like to know this too. I checked the wiki and it mentioned a new level being released on v-day 2013, but no gift.
    well a new level IS a gift
    I too got the choo choo train, but some extra hearts as well.

As I collected cards, got the normal 2 hearts, but I tapped Brandine's kids to collect the payout and got hearts. There was no card above them. I tapped Krusty when I was collecting the Kwik-E-Mart,and got hearts as well. I'm also getting hearts a second time from the same person.
    I just tapped Mindy and collected the card, tapped her again and got 2 more and the friend that had left the card, their name appeared again.
    I'm also getting hearts as I put them on tasks. A different name popped up, and some, no name at all.
    It isn't happening to all of them, so I don't know what's going on.
    At first I thought it was part of the gift, but it just appears to be some type of glitch.
    What is strange is that I'm sitting here wondering why I am surprised by this.
    possibly cause they exit-entered again your SF and retapped the same character? since you had no character to tap? no idea
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Bummer.....already had 2. Happy for those that needed it.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i didn't have a train yet, so works for me :D

with all the multipliers they give away for free what is the motivation in spending 30-40 donuts for the decorations that also give a 2% multiplier?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited February 2014
    jenichu682 wrote:
    JcSnl wrote:
    On a positive note: my mum's happy, because she does not have one yet. The wheel was not very cooperative. :D

I'm happy too because it was the last thing that I had left on the wheel so it officially completed for me. Therefore, I also got the Tunnel of Love as a V-day "gift" too. Now I can go back to earning a pond a day and not care.

Yep, that was the one item I was struggling to get. So happy. Thanks EA :D:D:D
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't remember--what was the gift last year?

I'd like to know this too. I checked the wiki and it mentioned a new level being released on v-day 2013, but no gift.
    well a new level IS a gift
    I too got the choo choo train, but some extra hearts as well.

As I collected cards, got the normal 2 hearts, but I tapped Brandine's kids to collect the payout and got hearts. There was no card above them. I tapped Krusty when I was collecting the Kwik-E-Mart,and got hearts as well. I'm also getting hearts a second time from the same person.
    I just tapped Mindy and collected the card, tapped her again and got 2 more and the friend that had left the card, their name appeared again.
    I'm also getting hearts as I put them on tasks. A different name popped up, and some, no name at all.
    It isn't happening to all of them, so I don't know what's going on.
    At first I thought it was part of the gift, but it just appears to be some type of glitch.
    What is strange is that I'm sitting here wondering why I am surprised by this.
    possibly cause they exit-entered again your SF and retapped the same character? since you had no character to tap? no idea

Ok, I put your thought to the test. Revisited a friend with only 11 characters, no cards to tap, and tapped the one I know I tapped before and nothing. My town gets cleared every couple of hours and there are more than enough to tap, so I don't think that's an issue. However, it only happened in the town that I had to redo level 38, the other 2 were business as usual.Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate the help.
  • monkeyhandsL
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I was happy for it too. Now just have the balloon hearts and pond to complete the wheel :D
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I accidentally sold my gift... (Insert headslap)
  • wickedlittle
    89 posts
    edited February 2014
    I had to come here to see what the gift was because I already have multiples of the unwanted items from the wheel.

So now I have six trains. Yay. Super special, especially since they're a repeat item from last year. Nice of them to get my hopes up with their special "check your inventory" message. Sorry for the negativity but jeez. Didn't appreciate the donut tease either. What are all the programmers angry, bitter trolls that are alone on Valentine's day? I can hardly wait for my *. Patrick's nothing special.
  • SauronHimself
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It was fortuitous for me. The last item I needed was the train, and I woke this morning wondering why I'd suddenly cleared the wheel.
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It was the best possible Valentines Day gift for me. I've spun the wheel 40 times and still no train. 40 times!

Thanks to the gift I've now got my Krustyland ride and unlocked Marge to do jobs there. It would have been nice if they could have programmed it to give people a wheel prize they were missing, but that's probably too complicated.
  • johnclevohio
    22 posts
    edited February 2014
    They also gave you the ability to plant roses at the Cletus Farm for $1000 to earn 50 hearts. Just as useless as the Choo Choo train.
  • coolkouts9
    8 posts
    edited February 2014
    Just today´s morning I was finally able to get the Choo Choo Train from the wheel and I was so happy. And then some 5min later the Valentines gift came and I discovered it was again the same train. :D So now I have two.
  • rorschach23
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It was fortuitous for me. The last item I needed was the train, and I woke this morning wondering why I'd suddenly cleared the wheel.

Me too :D, going to keep spinning for some more trains and ponds now
  • Skydude252a
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    As I've said before, even if it's a repeat, I will never complain about a free bonus multiplier item. Already had 2 trains from the wheel...still missing the lamp post, of all things.
  • skollthewolf
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm happy for those of you who were able to clear the wheel with the free gift, but since I've won four trains so far I really wish they choo-choo-choo-chose to give us something else.
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    What a joke of a gift. Already had six of them and was done with the wheel. Thanks for nothing, EA.
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wow. What a bunch of pathetic whiners. I'd hate to be your Valentine. No wonder most of the good posters have left for the other board.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    A premium item given as a gift is a great gift to get EA could of given us a item that didn't include a multiplier or wasn't premium but they gave us one so Thank you EA also congrats to anyone who cleared the wheel with this gift I cleared it last week so this was one of the few I have already. And instead of complaining about a free gift if you don't want it you can always sell or hide it
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Some of you sound a lot like my 3 year old.
    We just got a free multiplier worth a legit 45 donuts. If you don't want it. Store it.
    Stop complaining.
    Have a good VD.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!