EA Forums - Banner

Apparently, EA doesn't want my money....

I was thinking about going to the store today and buying discounted iTunes cards for donuts but with all these random issues that have happened today maybe it's a sign not to....

Replies

• QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    I dream of this game being bug/crash free :( I miss back in august when everything was fine
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    When I first started playing, I was blocked from buying Donuts. Turned out it was an iTunes issue, which they resolved after a couple of days. You might want to check that out.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Everything's glitchy at the moment. Give it a bit to smooth out before doing anything like buying donuts, just in case.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just tried to launch and was prompted for my iTunes password, so i thought I was getting lucky.

Nope!

Trying to be patient. I Would have been much cooler with this happening pre-update, when there was no real excitement to playing. Of course, I wouldn't have been buying doughnuts then....
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've never complained about EA...until now. Now, I've encountered the dumbest bug going that it just needs to be called out.

I went to buy doughnuts and while I was entering my iTunes password, Tapped Out crashed. Each time I tried to relaunch, I get that first loading screen and then get booted back out. I tried deleted and reinstalling -- twice! -- but the same thing keeps happening.

Listen, I get that bugs will happen. But for the love of pete, make damn sure that they don't when people go to GIVE MONEY TO YOUR COMPANY!!

Grrrr....

This is what happened to me.. Been 2 days so far so if you figure out how to fix it let me know haha

I was told they don't know how to fix it
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tried going on just now and it actually went past the fox screen! Said it was doing the downloads and then closed. So close!
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thankfully, back in!

The glitch with me seemed to have been the interface between the game and iTunes. Each time I was prompted to enter my iTunes password, it would crash; honestly, I was worried that I had bought about $300 worth of doughnuts I tried it so many times. BUT, when I hit cancel instead, voila!

I'm really hesitant to try to buy doughnuts now. I'll be waiting a little while before I scratch the itch for Santa's Village and Krustylu Studios, thank you very much....
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    I dream of this game being bug/crash free :( I miss back in august when everything was fine

Honestly.. I dont recall it ever being stable.
    Just amazes me how little effort they put in it.
    Im sure Apple was pissed with all the complaints that came their way.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thankfully, back in!

The glitch with me seemed to have been the interface between the game and iTunes. Each time I was prompted to enter my iTunes password, it would crash; honestly, I was worried that I had bought about $300 worth of doughnuts I tried it so many times. BUT, when I hit cancel instead, voila!

I'm really hesitant to try to buy doughnuts now. I'll be waiting a little while before I scratch the itch for Santa's Village and Krustylu Studios, thank you very much....

Ah jealous! Gotta keep trying I guess!
  • tappedoutdave
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thankfully, back
    Ah jealous! Gotta keep trying I guess!

I'm jealous too. I just requested a refund for in-game purchases from apple. Then I'm done with this game.
  • woodychips134
    68 posts
    edited December 2012
    It's getting to the point where this game is being glitchy so often, it's hard to play.

Try to add new friends WITH Christmas houses ---- SERVER PROBLEMS.

Try to send characters on random tasks
    GAME CRASHES

Try to collect money from houses
    GAME CRASHES AFTER 30 - 40 SECONDS.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.